IGNORED

Messi The Record Breaker

Super

I don't know why stoke are the benchmark, oh look, let's cripple Aaron Ramsey, so now everyone will judge us as hard to beat. They are a disgrace to the game, and if the only argument to messi playing here is that stoke would pound him into the ground, then it just shows what British football is all about.

Btw, stoke have nothing on Miguel nadal, and goikochea of Bilbao, circa 1980s.

What

I don't know why stoke are the benchmark, oh look, let's cripple Aaron Ramsey, so now everyone will judge us as hard to beat. They are a disgrace to the game, and if the only argument to messi playing here is that stoke would pound him into the ground, then it just shows what British football is all about.

Btw, stoke have nothing on Miguel nadal, and goikochea of Bilbao, circa 1980s.

Hmmm, look at Swansea and Arsenal, both great passers. Barca can play the same way every week in Spain. The EPL you have Long ball teams like stoke, passers like Swansea and Arsenal, narrow like Chelsea, width like Man U, or maybe a little bit of everything with Man C. British football is probably the most varied, fueled by the huge variety of foreign players and cultures

He's a great player indeed. I think the Spanish League has more depth than people give it credit for but not depth of style. Probably less physical than PL, bit more technical. Having said that Bilbao outplayed Man Utd quite badly at OT last year and Athletico were certainly better than Chelsea. Dunno which League has most depth though...Bilbao pre Bisela were known to be very physical, so it wasn't purely tippy tappy stuff.

As for Stoke? Valencia played em last year and managed something Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton could not...a win at Britannia. Outplayed them for sure too, so maybe they wouldn't be invincible v Barca.

I agree with this.

Ronaldo went to Spain and started scoring twice as many goals as he did in England, and he's only a few behind Messi. If Messi came to England we would see that tally decrease by at least half. Stoke and any other team with a physical presence would just put him on the ground. He is not tested enough in Spain but sadly I can't see him ever playing anywhere else.

How many goals did Ronaldo score in his last season here? More than most for a long time

Lets be honest Messi would destroy the Prem, he makes the english champions league teams look average. Everyone says Stoke on a Tuesday would he perform? Yes if he can destroy a World class Real Madrid team I doubt Stoke would scare him. I don't get this whole Stoke thing like they're the hardest oppenents! I'd rather play away to Stoke than away to a top team with a better defence like Man United.

Also when Ronaldo left he was improving every year. He scored around a goal a game when he left so to say the Spainish league is of a much poorer standard is naive and wrong. Athletico madrid battered chelsea 4-0 earlier this season. Bilbio were far the better team against Man utd last season over 2 legs.

Premership isnt as amazing as Sky make out!

And with this comment you have just made your whole post lose all authority. You obviously haven't watched any PL football this season and you are simply naming Man Utd because of their reputation when in fact, United's defence this season is incredibly leaky. They have conceded 23 goals this season, compared to Stoke and Man City who have the best defensive records conceding 14 goals each.

I stand by my opinion that Messi wouldn't 'Destroy the Prem'. He'd still have excellent seasons but nothing like 86 goals in a calender year, maybe not even top scorer.

I stand by my opinion that Messi wouldn't 'Destroy the Prem'. He'd still have excellent seasons but nothing like 86 goals in a calender year, maybe not even top scorer.

Totally agree.

Also I'm pretty sure I would score at least 20 playing for Barca- He is incredible no doubt about it (did anyone see the program the other day on ITV4 about him?) however the way Barca play allows him to score this many and only Barca have the players to play that way. I can't imagine he would get anywhere near as many if he was playing for a team without Iniesta, Xavi and co.

Archived