IGNORED

When We Used To Win Cup Matches

ashton_fan

In 2001 (Danny Wilson's first season in charge) we got to the 5th round of the FA Cup, so we won four ties that year. In the fourth round we drew Kingstonian (who were bottom of the Conference at the time) at home, but nearly lost being a goal down until late in stoppage time when we were rescued by a goal from Tony Thorpe. Here are highlights of the replay:

http://youtu.be/5lrxz4owyJU

Oh well, thanks for clearing that up, I have accepted it .......... moving on

keep-calm-its-just-the-cup-2.png

hehe good pick,

I'd love a cup run but after losing year upon year I've pretty much given up on it, although when we lost on pens to middlesborough, everton and lost 1-0 away at liecester those were some good times,

Indeed. It was fun being the underdog without any fear of losing against those teams, we gave Sven's Man City a good test as well, which was pure enjoyment to watch but lately it seems to be banana skin type draws like Gillingham and Crawley and I immediately think 'oh dear' because I just can't see the players being up for it like they should.

Indeed. It was fun being the underdog without any fear of losing against those teams, we gave Sven's Man City a good test as well, which was pure enjoyment to watch but lately it seems to be banana skin type draws like Gillingham and Crawley and I immediately think 'oh dear' because I just can't see the players being up for it like they should.

Nothing beats Liverpool who we did a massive favour ti by making sure they sacked Graham Clueless sorry Souness

Given the financial situation we have to take the Blackburn game seriously, as there is the possibility of a lucrative 4th round tie. That said, I'd still be tempted to give the likes of Reid and Morrell a game.

It's probably a good thing we won't be going to a League One/Two team who'd be bang up for it. Blackburn are on a shite run of form as we speak, you never know...but with City in the cup it's best to expect defeat.

Given the financial situation we have to take the Blackburn game seriously, as there is the possibility of a lucrative 4th round tie. That said, I'd still be tempted to give the likes of Reid and Morrell a game.

It's probably a good thing we won't be going to a League One/Two team who'd be bang up for it. Blackburn are on a shite run of form as we speak, you never know...but with City in the cup it's best to expect defeat.

Isn't Morrell 15 ?

Surely we have others in the devleopment squad who should be getting game time before him , Wes Burns , Rhys Jordan , Kevin Krans ??

Isn't Morrell 15 ?

Surely we have others in the devleopment squad who should be getting game time before him , Wes Burns , Rhys Jordan , Kevin Krans ??

Yeah 16 in January, probably a bit young to feature yet!

I remember the home game v Kingstonian, was just leaving when we scored in about the 7th minute of stoppage time. We robbed 'em.

In fairness that starting 11 on the highlights was a strong team in the third tier. Tinnion yet again looked classy.

Tony Thorpe's goal in the match at AG was one of my most exciting moments watching City, almost went out to a minnow, hit the post, penalty claims turned down, think we had a goal disallowed for offside then Thorpey hits the equaliser with the last kick of the game, and it was on MOTD

In 2001 (Danny Wilson's first season in charge) we got to the 5th round of the FA Cup,

The following season sponsorship was introduced so the further you progressed, the more cash you received.

City had a home tie in Round 1 to lower div Orient. Cituy 0 Orient 1. And it's been the same ever since/

Archived