IGNORED

City On The Way Back Up

CiderArmyy

Says the worst right back in recent history http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-17567072-detail/story.html

****'n hate it when our crap players come out with tripe like this, how many times have over the years have managers and players said we're on the way back up.. only to lose the next 10 games.

Just consentrate on your game ffs, or in fosters case consentrate on hoofing it to the opposition for 90 minutes.

Says the worst right back in recent history http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-17567072-detail/story.html

****'n hate it when our crap players come out with tripe like this, how many times have over the years have managers and players said we're on the way back up.. only to lose the next 10 games.

Just consentrate on your game ffs, or in fosters case consentrate on hoofing it to the opposition for 90 minutes.

Perhaps you should focus on supporting the team, rather then indulging in negative shit and knocking players. Foster aint half as bad as some of the know-it-all teenagers on here maintain. He doesn't hoof it for 90 mins that's just bollocks.

What I'd like to know is where is the positive, upbeat talk from the local lads. For all the love in of Skuse and Carey I haven't come across one example of them making a rallying call. It's left up to the non-locals instead.

Perhaps you should focus on supporting the team, rather then indulging in negative shit and knocking players. Foster aint half as bad as some of the know-it-all teenagers on here maintain. He doesn't hoof it for 90 mins that's just bollocks.

What I'd like to know is where is the positive, upbeat talk from the local lads. For all the love in of Skuse and Carey I haven't come across one example of them making a rallying call. It's left up to the non-locals instead.

Apart from pace.. thats all he offers to the team. pace.. And a rallying call is saying something along the lines of `we must all sitck together` not suggesting we're on the way up after one lucky win against a fellow strugling team

Apart from pace.. thats all he offers to the team. pace.. And a rallying call is saying something along the lines of `we must all sitck together` not suggesting we're on the way up after one lucky win against a fellow strugling team

Didnt think it was a 'lucky' win... just hope City now can put some kind of run together now.

Worst right back in "recent history", how recent? His current rival? Mark Wilson? Well, he's better than him, in my opinion.

Nicky Hunt? Really?

Treat all this media stuff with a pinch of salt but for what it's worth I think Foster is ok and our defensive issues are greater elsewhere.

Anyone who has played sport knows that confidence plays a big factor in performance. Many players read forums so this begs the question why would any supporter want to undermine a players confidence with ill-thought out abuse? Foster has a lot of pace and at least gets up the pitch to support Albert. He is out of his comfort zone when playing left back but he hasn't been the main weakness in the back four.

We have a number of posters on OTIB who appear to regularly condemn our manager and players - and condone football violence. So much for supporting the club...

I'm all for constructive debate - that's part of the enjoyment of football.

But the mindless morons with their constant negativity we can do without.

glad to see some fans have been to more than one game and can have a real opinon on foster, i think he's done ok this season and just because he's had a few bad performance he gets an unfair amount of abuse like fontaine.

Fontaine's had more than a few bad performances, plus Fontaine gets extra abuse because he runs around in the arm band

I'm sorry, didn't you once say that hitting the post in football is as good as scoring a goal? you depressed little twirp.

No I didn't. Not once, I made a hypothetical point about how Liverpools season would have been different if the shots that hit the woodwork had been an inch inside.

Stupid people took that the wrong way, stupid people who think Ricky Foster is the worst right back in years.

Depressed little twirp? Ok... If we're playing that game... Illiterate, juvenile waster. :)

Cider army, anybody who was at Elland Rd for the Nicky Hunt horror appearance would disagree with the 'worst RB in our history' comment. Hunt was truly pathetic that day!

Brian Mitchell would shite over both of them, and would still have a trailer full of shite left, and a field full of manure.

:) sorry glyn, I played my top trump early, I cannot accept that I have witnessed a worse right back. Harriot had a couple of good games :) I can't remember one from hapless Brian!

I remember walking out of Ashton Gate one night and having a right old rant about how poor Harriott had played. I heard someone behind me laughing and saying I was right. I turned round and it was Bobby Gould !!

Its just paper talk. If your last home game was a 1-4 defeat then its far too early to say we're on the way back, even ridiculous.

Agree. It's just the media fishing for column inches but to say we've turned the corner is completely premature. A defeat at home to Derby on Saturday (in my opinion, more than likely to happen) and we're back to square one.

As for Foster being our worst right back? Do me a favour. He's not even close to being the worst defender in our back four.

Archived