IGNORED

What To Expect From Derby County

Kid in the Riot

Derby are 10th in the league but this is thanks in the main to their home form (W6 D4 L1).

Away from Pride Park they haven't faired so well and in fact their away record mirrors our home record (W2 D2 L6).

Of possible good news to us is that they are far from prolific goalscorers away from home, having scored just 8 times in 10 games. Only Ipswich have scored fewer on the road.

Clough is known as a cautious manager, despite this they will likely line up in a 4-4-2 formation. He recently bemoaned Derby's away form:

"We have been reluctant to shoot and create chances away from home, but we have to try and get it into our heads to play like we do at Pride Park."

"It's a mentality thing and also the opposition. They are going to have a little go at you on their home turf.

"We haven't dealt with that properly or kept enough clean sheets away from home."

Reading that, it's pretty obvious we need to have a go at 'em! Early doors we need to impose ourselves and win those midfield battles. I suspect that a couple of weeks ago Del may have been tempted to stick 5 in midfield, but following the Wolves debacle and positive result up at Wednesday he will surely stick with our 4-4-2 going head-to-head with theirs.

I hope he does and we see a positive, attacking home performance. Derby's defence on the road has been porous, conceding 19. Despite their standing in the league we have nothing to fear playing Derby and I hope this message is put across to the players before KO.

I read an interesting article ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20713890 ) about Luke Chambers of Ipswich regarding the 'fear factor' and their recent upturn in form and this is something we need to replicate. Del said at the Q & A last week that the crowd have a big role to play in supporting the players at Ashton Gate, here's hoping tomorrow the players give us something to shout about from the off.

If anything I'd expect Derby to be set up to go at us early; which in previous seasons would have played right into our hands. This season i'm not so sure!

If ever there was a game to make it hostile this would be it, sandwiched between two relegation battles to pick up even a point would keep the optimism from last saturday (even at home).

Hopefully clough will be less cautious and will leave gaps will be a good game to see some of Davies, given his move from the rams

Looking forward to seeing Will Hughes...

Hopeful we can get the points, or at least share them.

There left back is in his thirties, and slow (i forget his name... Gareth something.) Albert SHOULD have a field day.

They also have Jacobs, the lad from Northampton everyone wanted us to get, be interesting to see how good he is.

Huges is quality and with commons on form we will i think struggle, hope not but im worried about their midfiled.

Bobby Reid has a lot of quality but to throw him in tomorrow wouldnt help, wait till were 4 nil up and let him loose then, problem is he might have a long wait

Huges is quality and with commons on form we will i think struggle, hope not but im worried about their midfiled.

Bobby Reid has a lot of quality but to throw him in tomorrow wouldnt help, wait till were 4 nil up and let him loose then, problem is he might have a long wait

sorry if Mistaken and if you don't mean the same Kris commons but is he not at celtic now ?

they are a mid table side. Good on their day, well beatable when not on song. They've had the nerve to play the young lad in CM. Might be an idea to stick Bobby Reid in up against him. Good way of measuring his ability.

oh yeah great idea stick then inexperience reid up against one of the championships hottest talent, if anything we need to take advantage of his age andstick an experienced head in there to go toe to toe with him

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Robbored" data-cid="1681134" data-time="1355561108"><p>

A City win would be a great bonus but, a) Derby will be very aware of City's home record and be confident of all the points. b) The City players seem to freeze and get very anxious about playing at AG and I expect a Derby win.</p></blockquote>

I can't help but feel you've just given the reason why b) seems to happen...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kid in the Riot" data-cid="1681222" data-time="1355575202"><p>

Sky Sports saying that Hughes is a doubt for them, here's hoping...</p></blockquote>

No, I really wanna see him! The last time I went to see an opposition player it was Kieron Dyer... That day a certain Richard Wright had a stormer whilst Dyer was anonymous.

Archived