IGNORED

Fontaine.

Jordan Tansley

As I predicted,he is now a hate figure.

I said months ago it was piss poor management in continuing to pick him, and it could ruin him as a player.

And so it has happened. Fonts being ridiculed, getting booed etc.

Mcinnes, you are a ******* idiot. If you couldn't see what you have been doing to the bloke, you do not deserve the position of manager.

Fontaine has proved he's good enough at this level many times over.

At the moment its obvious he is way off the pace and he looks like he does nt want to be anywhere near the pitch. He should be dropped as to continue playing him is doing nothing for the team or him personally. The fact that he has has nt is a poor reflection on DM and his player management.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Welcome To The Jungle" data-cid="1681622" data-time="1355593463"><p>

As bad as he's been (he should have been dropped months ago), telling him to **** off etc is just abuse. He's tried a job, he's failing at it, but why is he playing? Not his fault if he's not good enough. Del has to drop him!</p></blockquote>

Could not agree more. Great post. Whilst he's been absolutely sh*t, to boo him (whilst playing), give him the wan**r sign whilst walking off, wave good bye and shout abuse is out of order. You can see he has no confidence whatsoever (which I think is part of his problem) and is probably scared of playing in front of us 'fans' that abuse him.

Yes he's been crap and yes people have a right to be frustrated with him (heck I am too) there's a way to go about criticising someone, and that's not it.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TRL" data-cid="1681645" data-time="1355594192"><p>

As I predicted,he is now a hate figure.<br />

<br />

I said months ago it was piss poor management in continuing to pick him, and it could ruin him as a player.<br />

<br />

And so it has happened. Fonts being ridiculed, getting booed etc.<br />

<br />

Mcinnes, you are a ******* idiot. If you couldn't see what you have been doing to the bloke, you do not deserve the position of manager.</p></blockquote>

Spot on TRL.

I remember your post a couple of months ago predicting that Fontaine would become a hate figure due to McInnes constantly picking him. Unfortunately you were 100% correct.

At the end of the game today a few people near me clapped the rest of the team yet booed Fontaine. Yes Liam was bad, probably our worst player, but in what world does the rest of the team deserve to be clapped while Fontaine is singled out to receieve all of the abuse?

Terrible performances from Fontaine this season, but much worse management from McInnes.

First time I have watched us in a little while being away.

What is clear as day to me is Fontaine now has absolutely zero confidence.

How many times today did he bottle out of playing the ball forward and pass it across the back line or backwards?

His positioning is poor, his distribution is now utterly sh*te and he makes mistakes because the crowd are on his back.

He needs to be out of the team.

However, who would you replace him with???

Hyperbolic melodrama?

I've been amongst the most patient with Derek, every week defending him against this sort of post... Melodrama my arse, 23 games without a clean sheet, persisting with Fontaine who has been at fault for the majority of our goals this season, taking Taylor off when he had been involved in every attack, moving Adomah central WTF!

He's absolutely clueless at the moment.

This.

Like you Jordan, I have been as patient as possible with Del but he has to go now. How can he justify continually playing Fontaine? He was woeful, and for whatever reason its clear he isn't good enough for this situation now. This has been going on for far too long.

Today was completely gutless and enough is enough now. I don't buy into this rubbish about Fontaine being 'the best we have' so he can't be dropped. So what if he is meant to be better than the others, for arguably the last year he hasn't been. Why on earth does he deserve special treatment? What kind of incentive or example does that give to all the other players trying to get in?

The whole saga is a complete farce now and it needs to stop.

Archived