IGNORED

Xmas Party

And Its Smith

Does anyone know when and where it is? Surely it will be cancelled.

Just listened to more McInnes lies on radio Bristol.

Wow you've changed your tune.

I think the boys have earned it, it's the season of goodwill, actually I think BCFC, especially the defence and midfield believe that the whole of 2012/13 season is the season of goodwill to all men.

Just one thing please nobody tell them that Santa dosen't exist, they'll never win at home ever again.

Christmas party my arse.

Having travelled down from London this morning to make this joke of a game, if they really were all off to London to party tonight they're a disgrace. Sometimes you need to sacrifice things to prove you're willing to suffer to achieve. These clowns have achieved nothing, what are they oft celebrating for? The performance today was so lame and standoffish it isn't actually unusual to consider they were distracted and saving themselves for a night out. If this is true what a bunch of freeloaders.

Where's the flaming leadership from very top? There is no way on this earth that those spineless winkers deserve a ******* party! After a 30 year love affair I am beginning to hate this club and all associated with it.

Did you have a Xmas party at your work?

Yes but when your job is to win football matches, not doing so at home for 4 months and playing as half heatedly as they did today isn't something that has any place with "tradition". They obviously need a serious message and wake up call and partying is not it. Enough is enough, these are players who cannot complete simple passes and are metres off opponents who pass through them at will. Why are they partying? It's like the Titanic navigation department having a knees up.

I don't condone this but after the Wolves game someone in El Rincon pointed out that if this was in Europe and you served that lame performance up at home month after month their cars in the car park would be on fire. They'd be stoned off the training ground. But we have Xmas Partying in London (if true).

I've seen some poor City teams in just 20 years but this one is pathetic given the players records and capability, which means they are not doing everything in their power to win. Russell Osman had some truly abysmal players but at least they tried. When you have that piss taking from your employees you need to dispense with "tradition".

Does leave a rather sour taste I have to admit. What grinds me the most is that the money that could be spent on this, is from us fans who have worked hard and done our jobs properly and have decided to go and watch the team. If we were doing well, I may be a little bit more less critical and would say they deserved to have a night to enjoy themselves. The fact they put up the performances they have done recently, then go out and have a party in London with essentially the money we have paid to watch the before mentioned perfomances is what annoys me. Hopefully after this party they can get down to business over Christmas and repay the faith.

Yes but when your job is to win football matches, not doing so at home for 4 months and playing as half heatedly as they did today isn't something that has any place with "tradition". They obviously need a serious message and wake up call and partying is not it. Enough is enough, these are players who cannot complete simple passes and are metres off opponents who pass through them at will. Why are they partying? It's like the Titanic navigation department having a knees up.

I don't condone this but after the Wolves game someone in El Rincon pointed out that if this was in Europe and you served that lame performance up at home month after month their cars in the car park would be on fire. They'd be stoned off the training ground. But we have Xmas Partying in London (if true).

I've seen some poor City teams in just 20 years but this one is pathetic given the players records and capability, which means they are not doing everything in their power to win. Russell Osman had some truly abysmal players but at least they tried. When you have that piss taking from your employees you need to dispense with "tradition".

Think we have far more to worry about. As long as they don't shame the club I don't care.

Did you have a Xmas party at your work?
I'm the wrong person to be asking that question to I'm afraid! I work in an industry which is absolutely mental this time of year - so no we won't be having a Xmas party (we never do). With any luck we will do something in the new year as a way of recognising the staff for what we have achieved and for all the hard work they have put in. I don't think that applies at Bristol City FC.

It really makes no odds to me if they have an xmas party or not. It's a tradition elsewhere even if companies have a crap year or what not, and gets tied into the point that they are footballers and not performing because they earn more than we do generally then they should be ashamed and not have one.

We arent Scrooge or the Sheriff of Nottingham, Xmas shouldnt be cancelled, let them party if there is one booked, no skin of my nose if they have one or not

I think possibly for the first time ever I am in agreement with RalphMilnesLeftFoot.

Stop being so effing sanctimonious people. It's a Christmas party for **** sake. Most work places in the Country have them at this time of year regardless of performance.

Do we stop employees at all Banks from having a party due to their responsibility for placing the Country into financial ruin?

Do we stop employees at Gas and Electric Companies from having a party for charging excessive and unwarranted tariffs and placing citizens of this 1st World Country into Fuel Poverty?

Do we stop employees at the BBC from having a party because they take our money for a TV licence and have spent it on covering up the largest case of peodophilia in living memory?

Am I able to prevent the weatherman from attending his Xmas party because yesterday morning he incorrectly informed me it would stop raining by 3pm, meaning I didn't take a brolly to work for my walk from work to the pub at 4pm for my own Xmas party and ended up getting soaked, ruining my Christmas hat?

Jeez people, chill. Yes they're playing shit, but that's football sometimes. You chose to support this football club which has underperformed for all but about 10 years of our history. Deal with it, that's life. Let them party.

I think possibly for the first time ever I am in agreement with RalphMilnesLeftFoot.

Stop being so effing sanctimonious people. It's a Christmas party for **** sake. Most work places in the Country have them at this time of year regardless of performance.

Do we stop employees at all Banks from having a party due to their responsibility for placing the Country into financial ruin?

Do we stop employees at Gas and Electric Companies from having a party for charging excessive and unwarranted tariffs and placing citizens of this 1st World Country into Fuel Poverty?

Do we stop employees at the BBC from having a party because they take our money for a TV licence and have spent it on covering up the largest case of peodophilia in living memory?

Am I able to prevent the weatherman from attending his Xmas party because yesterday morning he incorrectly informed me it would stop raining by 3pm, meaning I didn't take a brolly to work for my walk from work to the pub at 4pm for my own Xmas party and ended up getting soaked, ruining my Christmas hat?

Jeez people, chill. Yes they're playing shit, but that's football sometimes. You chose to support this football club which has underperformed for all but about 10 years of our history. Deal with it, that's life. Let them party.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion on this of course they are and that's fair, for the second time in 3 weeks DMC tells us he is embarrassed and that the players should be embarrassed, but obviously not that embarrassed, I just can't see how this will help, it'll probably end in tears in one way or another and to me it's like rubbing our noses in it, whatever next wiping their arses with £20 notes.

**** em all, as I said with a bit of luck they'll all get nicked.

Not for the first time, agree with Esmond. Nothing sanctimonious about this, not asking the club to prevent it or anything so draconian, have just simply suggested professional footballers should have an ounce of pride not to reward themselves with a positive experience after yet another feeble effort and actually demonstrate some contrition and willingness to suffer and change. Bristol really is a soft touch as a footballing city if people are prepared to tolerate these overpaid wasters partying after one of the most pathetic performances at Ashton Gate in living memory. It's not like this is one bad day in a long working week, these clowns train a few hours a week and their sole job is to turn up on a match day, and they continuously don't. All this shite about "would your company cancel it's Xmas party" is laughable. Often it's hard to draw comparisons with professional footballers but the way they play at Ashton Gate it's now easy to do so: if your staff turned up and spent the entire job sat in their chair 10 yards away from their computer doing nothing, you'd fire them before even getting to the Xmas party invites. This lot have been 10 yards off every striker that has visited Ashton Gate this season, every team that has been down here has waltzed past them, they may as well not be here. Tell you what, let's have a party. What are we celebrating? Answers on a postcard.

Not for the first time, agree with Esmond. Nothing sanctimonious about this, not asking the club to prevent it or anything so draconian, have just simply suggested professional footballers should have an ounce of pride not to reward themselves with a positive experience after yet another feeble effort and actually demonstrate some contrition and willingness to suffer and change. Bristol really is a soft touch as a footballing city if people are prepared to tolerate these overpaid wasters partying after one of the most pathetic performances at Ashton Gate in living memory. It's not like this is one bad day in a long working week, these clowns train a few hours a week and their sole job is to turn up on a match day, and they continuously don't. All this shite about "would your company cancel it's Xmas party" is laughable. Often it's hard to draw comparisons with professional footballers but the way they play at Ashton Gate it's now easy to do so: if your staff turned up and spent the entire job sat in their chair 10 yards away from their computer doing nothing, you'd fire them before even getting to the Xmas party invites. This lot have been 10 yards off every striker that has visited Ashton Gate this season, every team that has been down here has waltzed past them, they may as well not be here. Tell you what, let's have a party. What are we celebrating? Answers on a postcard.
Disgusting behaviour from the players.....surely a low key gathering would be more appropriate if anything at all......posting pics of them on the slosh is just just taking the piss

As an ex-employee, I have to say, you pay for the party yourself - if you go - which I never did!

(Also how would any "cover-up" have cost money???)

Archived