IGNORED

Backing Mcinnes

Spike

There is a lot of conflict between fans about whether the club should back McInnes or not and that seems to be discussed quite frequently which has left me wondering:

If we were to be relegated this season how many people would back him to rebuild for the first season back in League One?

If he was backed and was given an entire season in League One what position would be acceptable?

I'm just curious to see where people would settle and at what point they will call for McInnes to be sacked.

We're all arguing about if he should be given more time now but I'm more curious about where everyone's breaking point is with Del?

Personally I'm resigned already to relegation unless something special happens in the January window. For me the squad is weaker than ever and so the longest I can give Del before I'd be writing to the club pleaing for them to sack him would be two seasons in League One, less if we were to find ourselves in the bottom half of the table with no signs of improvement.

So how long would you give McInnes and what would be your breaking point?

If we go down then we will be one of the biggest 5 clubs in that division (only Sheff U, Cov, Pompey could claim to be bigger, and Sheff W might go down with us), therefore if McInnes stays nothing but top 6 would be acceptable. If he goes in the summer or sooner then I would be prepared to accept top half for the first season while the new manager builds his own team

To answer your question, I would say that, if we go down, I would expect us to be top 10 by December, and finish the season either in the playoffs or a couple of unlucky results away. Then I'd expect to be in the playoffs the following season.

We're talking about a complete overhaul of a club here. It's not easy, and it takes time.

Broke ages ago for me, he is so clueless it's unbearable. The ammount of strange team selections and tactics he does is amazing. And he has favourites.. and will play them anywhere on the pitch so they can get a game.. remember foster playing centre midfield against hull.. he needs to go back up norf

A few weeks ago I would have been disappointed if the board sacked him, because I think we need stability and chopping and changing every year isn't great. Now though, if the board continue to back him then that's fine, but I'm not going to be shocked or disappointed in any way if he does leave.

This almost perfectly sums up my current feelings too.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Aizoon" data-cid="1681637" data-time="1355594054"><p>

It broke today.</p></blockquote>

It broke b4 today I think. Mcinnes has been lucky that he's had a few results that's kept him here!! The players looked totally deflated after today's game! It's clear to see they have lost confidence in mcinnes, however we know the board won't sack him, if they were, it'd be done by now. Lets just see what happens in January. The fans deserve better!!

As I have said in another post, I have been a fan of Del and have always defended him, but I just cant back him after today. Enough is enough and he has to go. I dont usually advocate getting rid of managers all the time but it isn't working. I could accept losing games if we were fighting like mad, the players giving everything and at least looking interested.

The football being played at present is up there with the worst I have ever seen us play, and on that basis it is just so hard to back him.

As I have said in another post, I have been a fan of Del and have always defended him, but I just cant back him after today. Enough is enough and he has to go. I dont usually advocate getting rid of managers all the time but it isn't working. I could accept losing games if we were fighting like mad, the players giving everything and at least looking interested.

The football being played at present is up there with the worst I have ever seen us play, and on that basis it is just so hard to back him.

To bring who? There is noone half decent unemployed and I cant see the board shelling out compo for a manager in a job.

To bring who? There is noone half decent unemployed and I cant see the board shelling out compo for a manager in a job.

It's all very well me saying Billy Davies but I don't believe for one minute he would want the job. Aside from that I honestly don't know. But can we keep him when things just are not working out under him and he is doing so much wrong?

Do we back him in january and risk him wasting more funds? I guess one of the main reasons he is still here is that there isn't anyone else out there that's a stand out candidate to do the job? But surely there is someone else that can get something from this bunch? I know it doesn't make financial sense but it really is awful.

Agree the cheque book is empty we go where that takes us; which ever division we are B.C.F.C that is all that matters. The rest is just street cred.

It's all very well me saying Billy Davies but I don't believe for one minute he would want the job. Aside from that I honestly don't know. But can we keep him when things just are not working out under him and he is doing so much wrong?

Do we back him in january and risk him wasting more funds? I guess one of the main reasons he is still here is that there isn't anyone else out there that's a stand out candidate to do the job? But surely there is someone else that can get something from this bunch? I know it doesn't make financial sense but it really is awful.

Think Del will get it right in the long run, alot needs to be sorted out but look at Nigel Clough. They guy was berated for the first two seasons when Derby were struglging but like Del he had to bring costs down (wages etc) and was tactically inept at times but the board kept faith and now Derby have turned it around on cheaper players etc.. Same at Millwall with Kenny Jackett. Chopping and changing the managers every season achieves nothing as look at City or even the Gas as well are examples of clubs going backwards because there is no stability. No doubt if Del was to go, someone comes in and it goes wrong then its back to square one of wanting that manager out! Vicious neverending circle until someone sticks with a manager long term.

Derek mcInnes arrived with so much confidence it was infectious. We have a very nice man as chairman who is well aware that Derek displaced his family and much was made of them moving down etc. There are personal issues at stake and these matter to the people who employed him

Sad to say I agree with so many of the critical posts. The Championship is a major league in the world and should be treated as such. This leads me to believe that the club is not being treated with the professionalism it deserves

Think Del will get it right in the long run, alot needs to be sorted out but look at Nigel Clough. They guy was berated for the first two seasons when Derby were struglging but like Del he had to bring costs down (wages etc) and was tactically inept at times but the board kept faith and now Derby have turned it around on cheaper players etc.. Same at Millwall with Kenny Jackett. Chopping and changing the managers every season achieves nothing as look at City or even the Gas as well are examples of clubs going backwards because there is no stability. No doubt if Del was to go, someone comes in and it goes wrong then its back to square one of wanting that manager out! Vicious neverending circle until someone sticks with a manager long term.

It's a tough call. I have been one of his biggest fans of late and always thought I would back him for the long haul. But today was utterly dreadful and right now I have serious doubts if he is the right man or not. No doubt we could end up back at square one with another manager. But right now we have no shape, no style, no system or tactics, no fight. I hope he does get it right as I think he has only good intentions for the club, but saying and doing are two completely different things.

In fairness to Del, in his interview after the game he did make it clear january will be a time of ins and outs and he pretty much acknowledged that we are not good enough and he has lost faith in certain players.

It's a tough call. I have been one of his biggest fans of late and always thought I would back him for the long haul. But today was utterly dreadful and right now I have serious doubts if he is the right man or not. No doubt we could end up back at square one with another manager. But right now we have no shape, no style, no system or tactics, no fight. I hope he does get it right as I think he has only good intentions for the club, but saying and doing are two completely different things.

In fairness to Del, in his interview after the game he did make it clear january will be a time of ins and outs and he pretty much acknowledged that we are not good enough and he has lost faith in certain players.

Very true but I think if he had come in after Johnno left he wouldve sorted this out, of course thats hypothetical but his intentions are good as you say and he genuinely seems to have love for the club to. Glad he said this in the interview to as might shake a few up who seem to be on the 'proverbial easy street' with the club, be interesting to see who he brings in and clears out although I have some ideas.

On this subject of breaking point, I have no breaking point myself. We have been in far far worse situations than this in my time of supporting City so for me its now becoming the norm ;)

Very true but I think if he had come in after Johnno left he wouldve sorted this out, of course thats hypothetical but his intentions are good as you say and he genuinely seems to have love for the club to. Glad he said this in the interview to as might shake a few up who seem to be on the 'proverbial easy street' with the club, be interesting to see who he brings in and clears out although I have some ideas.

On this subject of breaking point, I have no breaking point myself. We have been in far far worse situations than this in my time of supporting City so for me its now becoming the norm ;)

Without doubt but then I can't imagine there will be many clubs lining up to sign all of our deadwood! Worrying really as Del himself said players will have to go before players can come in.

Either way, good times or bad I wouldn't have it any other way. It wouldn't be City if things were easy!

You don't sack McInnes even if he is tanking. To do so gives players a clean sheet to start again. Tony Pulis was a tosser but he had the best quote of any manager we've had in the past two decades "These players got the last manager the sack and they're going to get me the sack too"

Bristol is cushy and players who spend time in this city take the piss.

You don't sack McInnes even if he is tanking. To do so gives players a clean sheet to start again. Tony Pulis was a tosser but he had the best quote of any manager we've had in the past two decades "These players got the last manager the sack and they're going to get me the sack too"

Bristol is cushy and players who spend time in this city take the piss.

McInnes signed half of todays squad. Plus another 3 that didn't even make into the squad.

He hasn't got it.

All this rebuilding in league one bollox gets right up my nose. It took us nine years to get out of it why would anyone think anything different?

McInnes had one remit keep us up! This did not expire in May. If we go down it would be disaster for stadiums SL and anyone with a brain!

All this rebuilding in league one bollox gets right up my nose. It took us nine years to get out of it why would anyone think anything different?

McInnes had one remit keep us up! This did not expire in May. If we go down it would be disaster for stadiums SL and anyone with a brain!

Peopla are deluded by Southamptons and Norwich's double success when down in league 1. If we went down we would finish 10-15th in league 1 i bet.

I think the only reason I'm now willing to give him time is because I can't see an alternative.

The way I see it is that we're a certain to go down which means we either go down with McInnes or we sack him and go down anyway, the problem being with the latter is who would we bring in that would want the job and could do enough to turn this club around?

I honestly can't see this club being turned around, for me there is something not quite right at the heart of this club. Looking back I think Lansdown has kept this club alive, if we had not had his backing and love of the club we'd most likely be a League One/Two club. I have a horrible feeling that even if someone with a big name and the experience to match wanted to manage us we would not be able to offer them what they'd want.

When we've been managerless in the past there has always been talk of good managers but if we're realistic none of them were ever realistic targets or we would have targeted them which leads me to believe we don't offer as much to our managers as others would suggest. I personally think any manager who takes on this job needs to be the Moyes mould in that he needs to be a hard working, penny saving, player producing genius in order to make us successful and let's be fair, Moyes is one in a million.

So, if we can't find anyone better I don't see any other option than give McInnes a season in League One. I know that won't be something most would want but I honestly don't see any other option and maybe for the first time in my years of supporting City I feel we've hit a brick wall and can't get over it. I think it's best we take the hit, go down and rebuild. The problem is every time we "rebuild" we seem to bring in more crap on high wages than we do great talent on low wages. If we rebuild again it needs to be a proper rebuild, sell or offload all the shit players on silly wages, keep the talent we can and then start bringing in hungry players, players who love the game and not the pay-check they get for doing F all!

Spot on!

Archived