IGNORED

Backing Mcinnes

Spike

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/151212-mcinnespostderby-545586.aspx

Apparently we were applauding McInnes after the final whistle for our efforts, all i heard was booing. Which game was he watching?

In his Radio Bristol interview he also says we created as many chances as them. I'm still a supporter of his but that frankly was nonsense.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/151212-mcinnespostderby-545586.aspx

Apparently we were applauding McInnes after the final whistle for our efforts, all i heard was booing. Which game was he watching?

Baldock had two chances in the first half, the first, he blasted over, and the second hit the keeper, then in the second half, Davies forced a full length save from the keeper, who then somehow kept out Fontaines point blank header.

On another day.................................

There is a lot of conflict between fans about whether the club should back McInnes or not and that seems to be discussed quite frequently which has left me wondering:

If we were to be relegated this season how many people would back him to rebuild for the first season back in League One?

If he was backed and was given an entire season in League One what position would be acceptable?

I'm just curious to see where people would settle and at what point they will call for McInnes to be sacked.

We're all arguing about if he should be given more time now but I'm more curious about where everyone's breaking point is with Del?

Personally I'm resigned already to relegation unless something special happens in the January window. For me the squad is weaker than ever and so the longest I can give Del before I'd be writing to the club pleaing for them to sack him would be two seasons in League One, less if we were to find ourselves in the bottom half of the table with no signs of improvement.

So how long would you give McInnes and what would be your breaking point?

Mid table............ league one....... or the third division as I like to think of it.

I think the only reason I'm now willing to give him time is because I can't see an alternative.

I think this sums up my feelings too! People are calling for his head...to be replaced by who? Davies, maybe but who else.

In his Radio Bristol interview he also says we created as many chances as them. I'm still a supporter of his but that frankly was nonsense.

I saw the stats and they actually said we had as many shots as them, nearly as much possession (along our back four) and nearly the same amount of corners. But, as someone said yesterday, stats do not tell the whole story!

I think this sums up my feelings too! People are calling for his head...to be replaced by who? Davies, maybe but who else.

This is such a spurious argument, of course any new manager might not improve us but with these stats it is hard to know who could do worse:

Last NINE home games, two points!

Last 15 games, 8 points.

Let's be frank, that's rubbish and any new appointment would struggle to do any worse.

I understand the argument that it is the players who are taking the piss (I don't disagree) but he's picking them and so has to face the consequences, getting someone in like Megson or Cotterill who won't take any nonsense seems the only way forward to me.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Taylor10" data-cid="1682013" data-time="1355606835"><p>

It's a tough call. I have been one of his biggest fans of late and always thought I would back him for the long haul. But today was utterly dreadful and right now I have serious doubts if he is the right man or not. No doubt we could end up back at square one with another manager. But right now we have no shape, no style, no system or tactics, no fight. I hope he does get it right as I think he has only good intentions for the club, but saying and doing are two completely different things.<br />

<br />

In fairness to Del, in his interview after the game he did make it clear january will be a time of ins and outs and he pretty much acknowledged that we are not good enough and he has lost faith in certain players.</p></blockquote>

It worries me that he's lost faith in certain players but still plays Fontaine when he has D.Wilson, are the players he's lost faith in actually the ones that need shipping out?

I'm worried because I dont know what he sees, maybe he needs to sit in the stands and getter a better view of the game, I can honestly say I think it's the most worried I've ever been, the majority of his decisions & general managerial practice is simply AWFUL.

This manager WILL take us down, NO DOUBT.

How can anyone realistically continue to back McInnes?

He is tactically inept and obviously out of his depth in the English Championship. How many more players and how much more debt saddled against the club will he need before people finally get the message. Many posters on here have highlighted this fact for many weeks/months now and his win % also confirms that he is currently worse than Millen.

Footballing success is always based upon a solid foundation at the back and history tells us that life's failures always fail to solve the defensive conundrum. McInnes is one of life's failures in that respect although, it's not just the defence of course.

He has had money to spend and decided to blow most of it on strikers, Yes, strikers whom he has left on the bench for one reason or another so where is the value?

Like the emu many on here continue to bury their heads in the sand. Perhaps it's blind faith or some idiotic notion that Derek will be the next Alex Fergsuon ???

I think the reality told us that even before Derek started work at AG that it was going to be a big gamble. A young manager with a decent playing pedigree and a good start at St Johnstone of the SPL. Yes, the SPL which essentially consists of two teams only who in themselves are not that good really if you compare them to the English PL or Championship even.

We took a chance and the gamble has backfired. An experienced naive board with traits of nepotism adding to this entire shambles which is accntuated by our increasing burden of a debt.

I just wonder how long it will take before those people who continue to keep faith with Derek finally wake up and realise that his appointment was a mistake and that the sensible option was always to go with an experienced man. A manager with experience of the English Championship which you would have thought was a prerequisite for those being shortlisted for interview or wouldn'y you?

I think those of us that know and understand football will have worked out sometime ago that Derek is out of his depth and that really is unlikely to change.

Archived