IGNORED

Difference Between Us And Decent Championship Teams

CiderArmyy

And not much else really. We are poor at home because we play better on the counter. Why? because we have no defensive midfielder or centre back who can distribute. Kilkenny is hopeless in the holdiong role - but can do a job further up the pitch. Skuse is decent winning the ball - but not creative. Elliot was always box to box but now is a shadow of the player he was. We miss Cisse like I never thought we would.

Our two defenders- Hoof it with their eyes closed.. no real aim or purpose just to `clear the danger`

A decent teams two defenders- Look to chest the ball, and find a team mate, or what I've seen alot more in the modern game defenders coming into midfield positions and playing a bit higher up the pitch, which I also see alot with quality championship teams

We have what, 6 defenders? And none of them are good with the ball.. how can this be? Surely our coaches should teach our defenders to enjoy having the ball.. But it's like a hot potatoe to them..

I've not seen much of this season but do our defenders have anyone to pass to?

For all the criticism he took, Lee Johnson always used to make himself available for a pass out of defence and could usually make sure the ball found its way to another City player afterwards. If nobody is doing that now then the defenders are faced with a choice of holding on to the ball (which they won't do for fear of being dispossessed and looking stupid) or launching it.

This is, of course, the manager's job to fix. He's already alluded to the problems caused by Skuse being injured and I rather suspect he expected a little more from Morris this season, but he's got to find a way to sort it soon.

Archived