IGNORED

Rovers Act, City Dither

old_eastender

McGhee gone, McMillen still with us.

Both clubs in equally poor positions, be interesting to see over next few games whether Rovers deciding enough is enough will result in them getting a fresh impetus and picking up points OR whether us sticking with Del will see a corner turned...

For me while he continues to keep faith in players woefully out-of-form, Fonts, Elliot, Pearson, Foster, arguably even Heaton and does not give a chance to the likes of Anderson and Reid... the only way for us is down.

McInnes will go sooner or later, that for sure. The directors can't expect us to keep going to Ashton Gate every home game to watch our team loose. There is no light at the end of the tunnel as far as most supporters are concerned. Who do we get in to keep us up though ?

Rovers have a recent history of dispensing with their managers and look where it has taken them - bottom of the fourth division! It only it was as easy as sacking the manager after some poor results. If Rovers hadn't sacked Holloway or Trollope (who worked wonders for them on a small budget) they wouldn't be where they are now.

Just look at how many managers the Gas have had in the last two years - a grand total of six, including 2 caretakers and look where they are.

I've said many times that changing the manager doesn't guarantee an improvement.

Sack McInnes now and it will cost the club a huge amount. It wouldn't be just one sacking, his entire entourage would follow within weeks leaving the club to start all over again. It would be chaos.

We have to stick with him and the board have to splash the cash during the January window and start to shop in Harrods instead of Lidl's. We need quality and that costs money.

Just look at how many managers the Gas have had in the last two years - a grand total of six, including 2 caretakers and look where they are.

I've said many times that changing the manager doesn't guarantee an improvement.

Sack McInnes now and it will cost the club a huge amount. It wouldn't be just one sacking, his entire entourage would follow within weeks leaving the club to start all over again. It would be chaos.

We have to stick with him and the board have to splash the cash during the January window and start to shop in Harrods instead of Lidl's. We need quality and that costs money.

For how long will you continue to advocate repeating the errors of the past?

What "quality" is it that you think a struggling club facing relegation, FFP transfer bans and fines can attract by "splashing the cash"

If your plan works and we again scrape survival can you really face contributing to threads defending the next manager by reference to the unaffordable dysfunctional squad assembled by his predecessor?

If rumours on here are true - McManus and (if fit) Bates are inclined to demand wages well in excess of £20K/week but have clearly done nothing to solve our defensive frailties. Kilkenny (obviously a top-earner) sporadically plays but fails to turn us into a team. McInnes said last week that Bristol City have a reputation for willingness to pay the money and offering a nice place to live - a haven for the greedy unambitious. I fail to see how more SL blank cheques will change this.

Bristol City require a manager who can improve performances on a rapidly reducing wage bill (last season was 3X what we can afford and you suggest increasing it!) - I have no doubt that DM convinced the Board at interview that he could do this - so the only question remaining is whether or not he has yet proven that he cannot. If he cannot we must give someone (anyone) else a chance.

I mainly agree, but splashing. We must stay up if we splash

McGhee gone, McMillen still with us.

Both clubs in equally poor positions, be interesting to see over next few games whether Rovers deciding enough is enough will result in them getting a fresh impetus and picking up points OR whether us sticking with Del will see a corner turned...

For me while he continues to keep faith in players woefully out-of-form, Fonts, Elliot, Pearson, Foster, arguably even Heaton and does not give a chance to the likes of Anderson and Reid... the only way for us is down.

both sides are nowhere near to being in a similar position. rovers are two points off bottom and in a position that sees them staring at the non-league abyss. we're above the relegation bracket, have a couple of decent wins under our belt in recent games and in the second flight of english football. Of course our position is touch and go and should and could be better, but to be comparing us to the gas - you've been on the paint fumes :s

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="old_eastender" data-cid="1682250" data-time="1355650185"><p>

McGhee gone, McMillen still with us.<br />

<br />

Both clubs in equally poor positions, be interesting to see over next few games whether Rovers deciding enough is enough will result in them getting a fresh impetus and picking up points OR whether us sticking with Del will see a corner turned...<br />

<br />

For me while he continues to keep faith in players woefully out-of-form, Fonts, Elliot, Pearson, Foster, arguably even Heaton and does not give a chance to the likes of Anderson and Reid... the only way for us is down.<br />

<br />

</p></blockquote>

The funny thing is, people only starting calling for Reid to play after McInnes played him! Anyone who ever watches the U21s will tell you Reid is not ready for the npc, especially not with the team in the state that it is. He needs to be phased in in a confident team that is winning games (be that in the npc or League 1). And you say that he continues to play Pearson and Elliot, but we have to play at least one of those two because we have no other fit CMs!

Archived