IGNORED

Lionel Messi

Dolman_Stand

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Super" data-cid="1683224" data-time="1355779944"><p>

Bilbao finished tenth last season and destroyed Man United in Europe.</p></blockquote>

Bradford beat Arsenal aet, who put 5 past Reading. But it would be lunacy to suggest Bradford are the better side of the three.

The point is anything can happen over 90 or 180 mins. However, the English sides constant strong showing in the champions league (with often 1 or 2 sides in the semi) is a better measure imo

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Super" data-cid="1683224" data-time="1355779944"><p>

Bilbao finished tenth last season and destroyed Man United in Europe.</p></blockquote>

Bradford beat Arsenal aet, who put 5 past Reading. But it would be lunacy to suggest Bradford are the better side of the three.

The point is anything can happen over 90 or 180 mins. However, the English sides constant strong showing in the champions league (with often 1 or 2 sides in the semi) is a better measure imo

But the Spanish has better quality teams overall.

I saw Valencia play Chelsea at Stamford bridge a couple of years ago in the Champions League and they lost 3-0. I watched Valencia again when I was in Spain a couple of months later against Barcelona and they got ripped apart and lost 5-1 (Messi scored 4). I think at the time Valencia were third in the table so that highlights the lack of depth in La Liga. On the same weekend Real Madrid beat Racing Santander 4-0.

I said earlier that I liken La Liga to previous seasons of the SPL with two very dominant teams. I do not think Messis would have scored the amount of goals he has in a stronger league.

Messi is by far the best player I have since in my 22 odd years of watching football. Can't believe some on here doubting his talents.

He has scored loads of goals against big teams in big games. Even just looking at the 3 games against Real Madrid this season he has 4 goals.

And he hasn't done badly for Argentina either...Just the 31 goals already and 6 in last 6 2014 qualifiers.

Perhaps, but a lot is about mentality, maybe if Messi and Iniesta did come here we would not see the best of them, or at least they would not have the time to arse about like they do, unless they are really really really good, Cantona good.

Cantona Good !!!!

Great player in the prem for ManUtd

Did nothing for them in Euroupe or any at International level for France

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Super" data-cid="1683409" data-time="1355829117"><p>

<br />

Clearly will end his career at Barca.</p></blockquote>

He wants to play for Newell's old boys in Argentina before he finishes his career.

He's still only 25,so he probably has another 10 years left to smash every record in the book!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="eskay" data-cid="1683501" data-time="1355836401"><p>

I saw Valencia play Chelsea at Stamford bridge a couple of years ago in the Champions League and they lost 3-0. I watched Valencia again when I was in Spain a couple of months later against Barcelona and they got ripped apart and lost 5-1 (Messi scored 4). I think at the time Valencia were third in the table so that highlights the lack of depth in La Liga. On the same weekend Real Madrid beat Racing Santander 4-0.<br />

<br />

I said earlier that I liken La Liga to previous seasons of the SPL with two very dominant teams. I do not think Messis would have scored the amount of goals he has in a stronger league.</p></blockquote>

4 Spanish teams in the last 16 of the Champions league, just another sign that it's the strongest league in the world, imo.

He's scored more goals than liverpool this year!!!

and people saying that with iniesta and xavi around him, you just have to look at his goal against arsenal were he chippped it over szcezny and put it in the goal, against getafe where he took the ball from the half way line took it past 7 players and slotted it home xavi and iniesta are just a bonus for barca if you ask me.

Archived