IGNORED

Lionel Messi

Dolman_Stand

messi has xavi and iniesta behind him, with city he'll have pearson and elliot. Don't think we will make that much difference

Oh not questioning his talent, Xavi and iniesta are worldclass too, I would just like to see them tested in English football, alas it will never happen, but I dont think the level of competition in La Liga is anywhere near that of Prem, or even Champ, some teams in Spain are world class ball watchers, I dunno. Iniesta looks like a fat accountant, have you seen his legs, they are puny and Messi looks too fragile to be anywhere near a football pitch

Oh not questioning his talent, Xavi and iniesta are worldclass too, I would just like to see them tested in English football, alas it will never happen, but I dont think the level of competition in La Liga is anywhere near that of Prem, or even Champ, some teams in Spain are world class ball watchers, I dunno. Iniesta looks like a fat accountant, have you seen his legs, they are puny and Messi looks too fragile to be anywhere near a football pitch

how dare you call the best midfielder of our generation a fat accountant.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fordy62" data-cid="1683132" data-time="1355769928"><p>

Interesting question; <br />

<br />

With a fully fit Messi starting each championship game up top for us, where do you genuinely think we'd finish the season?<br />

<br />

I'm saying 12th.</p></blockquote>

Top 6.. He can win champions league games on his own and he would win many championship games on his own.

I think you are over rating the standard of English football some what

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Maltshoveller" data-cid="1683187" data-time="1355775440"><p>

I think you are over rating the standard of English football some what</p></blockquote>

Surely not, we have the might of man city who got horribly outclassed by Dortmund and Real Madrid and the mighty Chelsea who got utterly panned by one of the crap teams from la Liga and slid majestically out of the champions league showing what a quality side they are.

Only people who buy into sky's complete bollocks think that the premiership is anywhere near the quality of La Liga and the bundesliga. It's not even close anymore as shown by the best sides in tis country's leagues frankly laughable performances in the champions league.

I think you are over rating the standard of English football some what

Perhaps, but a lot is about mentality, maybe if Messi and Iniesta did come here we would not see the best of them, or at least they would not have the time to arse about like they do, unless they are really really really good, Cantona good.

Bilbao finished tenth last season and destroyed Man United in Europe.

Perhaps, but a lot is about mentality, maybe if Messi and Iniesta did come here we would not see the best of them, or at least they would not have the time to arse about like they do, unless they are really really really good, Cantona good.

Pah, they would be rubbish in the premier league, Ryan shawcross would cripple them in 10 minutes, our league is the best league in the world, and Rooney is world class......

Archived