IGNORED

Romanians

Barrs Court Red

I personally dont understand why we dont deport those extreme terrorists to Jordan. I read somewhere a couple of months ago that there was a simular guy in Italy. The Italians just sent him to Jordan to face justice. When the EU said they were going to fine them. The prime minister said to them get in the queue. It just seems to me are country trys to please everyone but life isnt like that. Gone are the days when they listened to the majority know it see the minority gets a major say. Sometimes i wish are goverment i dont mean just the tories the labour goverment were just as bad if some of these people needed to be deported to Jordan get rid of them. EU is a total joke imo

Absolutely.

This and previous governments fret about "our reputation abroad".

Ask your average guy in the street about our reputation abroad, and you will probably get one or both of the following :

1 Who gives a shit ?

2 I would prefer a reputation for being tough than a soft touch, which is what we are now.

Absolutely.

This and previous governments fret about "our reputation abroad".

Ask your average guy in the street about our reputation abroad, and you will probably get one or both of the following :

1 Who gives a shit ?

2 I would prefer a reputation for being tough than a soft touch, which is what we are now.

For hundreds of years - until the 1960s - England had a reputation abroad as a country to be feared and respected. These days our traitor politicians bend over backwards to lick the boots of the leaders of criminally corrupt organisations such as the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights. Thanks to those traitor EU loving politicians an ordinary working class Englishman is now treated as a second class citizen in his own country especially with regard to social housing where foreigners get priority.

No-one seems to be mentioning the Bulgarians. They could be on their way as well I believe. Still, no need to worry, they'll probably bring their tents with them to live in.

Already here, my next door neighbour is Bulgarian. Loveliest most helpful woman I have ever met, nothing is too much trouble for her. Shame about some of my English neighbours!

No-one seems to be mentioning the Bulgarians. They could be on their way as well I believe. Still, no need to worry, they'll probably bring their tents with them to live in.

Bulgaria is a much smaller country than Romania - and Germany tends to be their main destination.

That said, all the Bulgarians I've met have been hard-working and polite people. We had one as a lodger once, and she was a thoughtful and fun flatmate.

While we're condemning whole races of people as inferiors, I think I'll tell a short story to illustrate just how "backward" Bulgaria is.

While she was in the UK, our lodger developed a health problem that was worrying her. Despite being in f/t employment and paying tax and PAYE she was told she wasn't eligible to use the NHS but instead she had to pay my GP £86 for a consultation and all he said was: "I can't do anything about this now. If it's still bad in 6 months, come and see me again."

In pain and still concerned, she rang a hospital in Bulgaria direct and got put through instantly to a consultant, who said: "Can you come and see me in 5 days?" The upshot of this, is that 5 days later, she flew back to Sofia, saw this bloke, got the treatment she needed (free of charge) and was ready to return to work.

Can you imagine that ever happening in the UK?

Bulgaria is a much smaller country than Romania - and Germany tends to be their main destination.

That said, all the Bulgarians I've met have been hard-working and polite people. We had one as a lodger once, and she was a thoughtful and fun flatmate.

While we're condemning whole races of people as inferiors, I think I'll tell a short story to illustrate just how "backward" Bulgaria is.

While she was in the UK, our lodger developed a health problem that was worrying her. Despite being in f/t employment and paying tax and PAYE she was told she wasn't eligible to use the NHS but instead she had to pay my GP £86 for a consultation and all he said was: "I can't do anything about this now. If it's still bad in 6 months, come and see me again."

In pain and still concerned, she rang a hospital in Bulgaria direct and got put through instantly to a consultant, who said: "Can you come and see me in 5 days?" The upshot of this, is that 5 days later, she flew back to Sofia, saw this bloke, got the treatment she needed (free of charge) and was ready to return to work.

On the other hand, my Romanian mate reckons, in Romania, if you go to state hospitals, you have to bribe doctors and nurses to get any sor of pain relief or treatment. The whole system works on back handers, and it has only getting worse due to the financial cries there.

I think we can think ourselves luck compared to some.

Bulgarians and Romanians are very very different,

We've got an office in Bulgaria we work with a lot. They're lovely people, work hard and we get on really well. Similar senses of humour too.

Also I've been to Romania (about 5 years ago for a week) and I didn't find it to be the thief infested caravan park that our resident Daily Mail readers seem to imagine either. The only bad thing was that bars weren't that easy to find in Bucharest.

I find the level of Xenophobia here quite amusing. Eastern europeans that come to the UK tend to actually work quite hard, and we have a couple of million home bred workshy layabouts that we'd be better off worrying about.

As you quoted me when you made this post I assume you're including me in this category. Nothing could be further from the truth. Having travelled widely and having worked abroad I get on ok with all nationalities and 'races'. My major worry, hence the 'tent' comment, is the problem young people in this country already have finding somewhere to live and the large portion of their earnings they have to pay to BTL landlords. The housing market is truly stretched at present and could do without a further potentially massive upsurge in the number of people looking for somewhere to live. Bulgarians, no problem for me and agree, in general, with Nibor above about immigrants' attitude to work. But where are they going to live? No doubt if planning restrictions are eased the market will eventually adjust to the higher demand but there is undoubtedly the potential for a short term shock.

We've got an office in Bulgaria we work with a lot. They're lovely people, work hard and we get on really well. Similar senses of humour too.

Also I've been to Romania (about 5 years ago for a week) and I didn't find it to be the thief infested caravan park that our resident Daily Mail readers seem to imagine either. The only bad thing was that bars weren't that easy to find in Bucharest.

I find the level of Xenophobia here quite amusing. Eastern europeans that come to the UK tend to actually work quite hard, and we have a couple of million home bred workshy layabouts that we'd be better off worrying about.

Exactly I agree with all of that.

Most Romas live in the country, altough you do get a lot of young roma kids on the streets in Romanian cities trying to sell half dead flowers,while mother looks on from the corner.

Romanians tend to come to the UK to work, and hard to send money home for their impoverished families, most have no interest in the Benefits as they are so bloody hard to get, and they are not entitled to work here either, ewven thought they are in the EU, they have to jump through hoops to get jobs, and are appreriative of them as there are none at home.

As per usual the media blow things up out of proportion, where a few rogues cause trouble for the many. In most part, they are here to try and help families at home, not to sit on theri arses and leach like so many British do.

As you quoted me when you made this post I assume you're including me in this category. Nothing could be further from the truth. Having travelled widely and having worked abroad I get on ok with all nationalities and 'races'. My major worry, hence the 'tent' comment, is the problem young people in this country already have finding somewhere to live and the large portion of their earnings they have to pay to BTL landlords. The housing market is truly stretched at present and could do without a further potentially massive upsurge in the number of people looking for somewhere to live. Bulgarians, no problem for me and agree, in general, with Nibor above about immigrants' attitude to work. But where are they going to live? No doubt if planning restrictions are eased the market will eventually adjust to the higher demand but there is undoubtedly the potential for a short term shock.

Sorry Marshy, I was only quoting your post so I could give my impressions of Bulgarians (Based on a very small sample admittedly) I wasn't suggesting you are a xenophobe.

I agree with you about the need for much more stringent immigration quotas.

Archived