IGNORED

Just Got Back From Ipswich

CheddarReds

I was originally suprised by the team selection chosen, I didn't have much of an idea what formation we were playing and how we were going to play, our website says it was a 5-4-1 Mick McCarthy said it was a 3-6-1. I guess this is why McInnes is the football manager.

We looked really positive and it's one of the best performances this season, I especially liked us pressing high up the pitch forcing Ipswich to play long ball to DJ Campbell, very effective.

I might be wrong but I think the hardcore of City fans going away has and affect on the teams morale and performance. When at home they are constatly being screamed and shouted at by negative fans, away it's only the hardcore that are really behind the team.

Anyway, very pleased.

Was a pretty good atmosphere there today! Just got back myself, and it was actually quite a good game that we probably deserved to win, and would have bar some great saves from Henderson!

Listening to the radio after Mick pretty much admitted to being beaten on tactics by del. Those of that say Del doesnt know what hes doing may have been proven wrong a little today, that formation worked quite well.

Fair play for going that far just before Xmas.

On radio Bris, it sounded alot better but on Sky Sports, John Salako said the second half was 'the worst half of football he had seen this season', which was right as it seemed quite a positive performance?

Was a pretty good atmosphere there today! Just got back myself, and it was actually quite a good game that we probably deserved to win, and would have bar some great saves from Henderson!

Listening to the radio after Mick pretty much admitted to being beaten on tactics by del. Those of that say Del doesnt know what hes doing may have been proven wrong a little today, that formation worked quite well.

I completely agree, you can take a lot of positives today, nice to see Mick saying he was pretty much beaten by the tactics Del used.

Hopefully then McInnes will have the guts to play a similar formation at home but this time with a proven goal scorer up front.

I can see it working at home but I don't think that formation would suit Davies or Baldock, ideally I'd like Taylor up top with the formation. Adomah can get you goals, Cunningham will pick up a few more assists with Taylor, Stead and maybe Davies in the middle and Baldock is a bit weedy as a lone striker

I was originally suprised by the team selection chosen, I didn't have much of an idea what formation we were playing and how we were going to play, our website says it was a 5-4-1 Mick McCarthy said it was a 3-6-1. I guess this is why McInnes is the football manager.

We looked really positive and it's one of the best performances this season, I especially liked us pressing high up the pitch forcing Ipswich to play long ball to DJ Campbell, very effective.

I might be wrong but I think the hardcore of City fans going away has and affect on the teams morale and performance. When at home they are constatly being screamed and shouted at by negative fans, away it's only the hardcore that are really behind the team.

Anyway, very pleased.

:worship2: Spot on

With 2 competent wing backs you could easily play a 3 man midfield with 2 up front.

Unfortunately I think even that would be too simple for our Del to see.

that could work but the whole reason why is was affective was because we had 6 in midfield when needed, 5 at the back where needed and 3 up front when needed, I don't think it could be as affective, I'm not the football manager though

Ha! It's these games every now and again that is keeping him in a job!

95% of the time the tactics and players used are wrong. Today he got the tactics right and we end up coming away with... a draw! A result that's puts us one place off the bottom!

Ha! It's these games every now and again that is keeping him in a job!

95% of the time the tactics and players used are wrong. Today he got the tactics right and we end up coming away with... a draw! A result that's puts us one place off the bottom!

So we got a deserved point away to a form team, and maybe deserved more, and you criticise the manager because other results didn't go our way?

Fork off and support the Gas - they deserve supporters like you. IDIOT :grr:

So we got a deserved point away to a form team, and maybe deserved more, and you criticise the manager because other results didn't go our way?

Fork off and support the Gas - they deserve supporters like you. IDIOT :grr:

Dick!

A point away from home is only any good if you win your homes games. The way things are no a point away from home isn't good enough.

Oh, and apparently they are too scared to play at home so should be treating the away games like home games. Bunch of mugs!

Dick!

A point away from home is only any good if you win your homes games. The way things are no a point away from home isn't good enough.

Oh, and apparently they are too scared to play at home so should be treating the away games like home games. Bunch of mugs!

Dick was the guy who got me supporting this mob back in 1961. If you can't accept that a draw at Ipswich is a solid result, then maybe you're supporting the wrong team.

Dick!

Name calling aint gonna help anyone, and only demeans the source.

By all accounts today was a step in the right direction, albiet from a place nobody wants to be.

Let's sing our hearts out on Boxing day. Together we are stonger*

* none of the above detracts from any individual's right to say what they want on this forum. However when at the Gate, we all have a choice: Support or detract. If we are not supporting, we are helping the opposition.

Merry Christmas all. xx

COYR

Name calling aint gonna help anyone, and only demeans the source.

By all accounts today was a step in the right direction, albiet from a place nobody wants to be.

Let's sing our hearts out on Boxing day. Together we are stonger*

* none of the above detracts from any individual's right to say what they want on this forum. However when at the Gate, we all have a choice: Support or detract. If we are not supporting, we are helping the opposition.

Merry Christmas all. xx

COYR

Ok forget the dick remark.

We keep having steps in the right direction, mainly away from home. However they are always fooled up by 5 steps back.

Yes a point away from home can be seen as a good result but not in are position against one of the few teams we may actually be able to catch.

We keep having steps in the right direction, mainly away from home. However they are always fooled up by 5 steps back.

Yes a point away from home can be seen as a good result but not in are position against one of the few teams we may actually be able to catch.

Near the top of the form table though. The table I look at before Easter at wether we should win or not. After Easter and we get to the squeaky bum time, then i look at the main table

OK, imagine if we'd lost. Then we would be well and truly out of touch. Have you noticed the gap closing between the bottom five and the rest? Long way to go this season.

Near the top of the form table though. The table I look at before Easter at wether we should win or not. After Easter and we get to the squeaky bum time, then i look at the main table

Sorry mate but at this rate we'll be doomed by Easter.

Yes Ipswich we're top of the form table but don't forget they were bottom and getting dicked week in week out.

Sacked Jewell hired McCarthy now they are a scalp. City need to act before its too late, I was a Derek fan but now I've lost faith in him to turn us into a team that is competative in this league.

Massive plaudits to fellow reds who made that journey today and it's good to here that positive stuff.

I still can't see how playing 1 goal in 14 appearances Jon Stead up front is canny tactics though. Ipswich were obviously having an off day and were there for the taking. A striker who takes his chances would've brought us home 3 points - and then how different things would've looked.

Went to the game and this was a missed opportunity to get three points. Although there was more solidity about our play, Ipswich were there for the taking, we needed to take them and failed. Having witnessed all but two of our games this season (missed away at pboro and Mboro) we are still without doubt among the worse three teams in this division ....As a fan it matters.

Del is part way there by playing 3 in central defence, he now has to stick with that.

We have to start winning games pronto, it's no good with the one up front holding the ball crap when the 2 favoured strikers have 2 goals between them.

He has to bite the bullet and get Davies and Baldock starting together, on paper at least it would give the opposition more to think about.

That still leaves 5 midfield positions to work with using wingbacks to create a decent solid formation.

Even sacrificing Adomah could be looked on as a positive move, now is not the time for luxury players.

As dear old Mr. Tansley stated in another thread, a possible selection to the African championships for Albert would open up other options for McInnes.

Archived