IGNORED

Just Got Back From Ipswich

CheddarReds

Ha! It's these games every now and again that is keeping him in a job!

95% of the time the tactics and players used are wrong. Today he got the tactics right and we end up coming away with... a draw! A result that's puts us one place off the bottom!

said this before the game, i knew we will get a dour draw which will give mciness more time, if we had some sort of home record i'd be a bit more happier..

Big question is whether we will go with this formation at home, and if so, will it be effective. It clearly caught McCarthy by surprise, but future opponents will now be planning to counter this formation.

Good point but I think its worth the gamble. I guess putting pressure on from the off will hopefully get some of our stagnant fans off their seats and behind the team, it worked at the start of the season.

As I said in another thread we've made the place intimidating for our own players. The club should offer refunds to the season ticket holders who don't wish to support - could be a small price to pay.

Shane Long does pretty well as a lone striker for West Brom and I suspect he's no taller than Baldock, but then West Brom don't pump high balls to him, but instead exploit his pace. I think it could work with Baldock.

Shane Long is proven prem quality striker, backed up by a hard working/creative midfield and 2 quality full backs, spot the difference.

I can see it working at home but I don't think that formation would suit Davies or Baldock, ideally I'd like Taylor up top with the formation. Adomah can get you goals, Cunningham will pick up a few more assists with Taylor, Stead and maybe Davies in the middle and Baldock is a bit weedy as a lone striker

Disagree with the persistence of Taylor. We need goals. Taylor doesn't score. Which means Baldock needs to start.

Dick!

A point away from home is only any good if you win your homes games. The way things are no a point away from home isn't good enough.

Oh, and apparently they are too scared to play at home so should be treating the away games like home games. Bunch of mugs!

too scared to play at home? hardly scared, their confidence and morale is being destroyed by supporters like you

Shane Long does pretty well as a lone striker for West Brom and I suspect he's no taller than Baldock, but then West Brom don't pump high balls to him, but instead exploit his pace. I think it could work with Baldock.

I see what you mean, if we did always play good passing football it could work but we don't

Name calling aint gonna help anyone, and only demeans the source.

By all accounts today was a step in the right direction, albiet from a place nobody wants to be.

Let's sing our hearts out on Boxing day. Together we are stonger*

* none of the above detracts from any individual's right to say what they want on this forum. However when at the Gate, we all have a choice: Support or detract. If we are not supporting, we are helping the opposition.

Merry Christmas all. xx

COYR

good few words

Disagree with the persistence of Taylor. We need goals. Taylor doesn't score. Which means Baldock needs to start.

I'm not sure Baldock would work upfront on his own and with Adomah and Anderson shooting and crossing, Foster and Cunnningham crossing we should be ok, personally, although you can question Taylors goal scoring, Baldock or Davies might suit the roles that Adomah and Anderson were playing.

It's like a school playground on here sometimes!!

What the Management and Team need to do is start picking up points at home (our away form matches that of Leicester City) and we won't have a problem. We need to keep clean sheets at home and to do that we must stop conceding from crosses - accepting that you have to try and stop crosses coming in to start with we need the Keeper, whoever that is, and the two Centre Halves to be more dominant in the six yard box. They've got to be prepared to get hurt to clear their lines. It's not complicated and doesn't need a great tactical brain to figure out. We are being undone from crosses every week more or less and it's those three positions that hold the key to safety. Start keeping clean sheets at Home and we can move up the league. Don't address what is a relatively simple problem and we'll finish bottom 3.

It maybe the support at away games that has given us more wins on the road than at the gate.

Think about it ! :whistle:

at certain ones like yesterday, boro and wednesday but with close or appealing away games you still get some daytrippers who will complain about everything.

I'm not sure Baldock would work upfront on his own and with Adomah and Anderson shooting and crossing, Foster and Cunnningham crossing we should be ok, personally, although you can question Taylors goal scoring, Baldock or Davies might suit the roles that Adomah and Anderson were playing.

Baldock and Davies are strikers. Round holes square pegs etc.

Archived