IGNORED

Please Do Not Boo

Mr Banos

What does booing actually achieve?

According to John Ward in the '97 video it brought the players closer together in a 'we're doing it for ourselves' mentality after they unexpectedly got booed early season against Bournemouth.

Personally I can never get angry enough to boo our own players, I wonder if the booers have anger management issues ?

it feels a shame to display so little christmas spirit, but this really is an idiotic post. People should be allowed to voice their support or dissent in whatever manner is fitting of the fare on the pitch, whether it be positive or negative. Football is sterile and anonymous enough as it is nowadays, without people being encouraged to just smile and clap in the appropriate gaps. And the thought that potential supporters will be turned away by the sound of booing is moronic in itself.

Ive never booed the team! I agree with you and also think that the stick players can get when playing at home is what causes our poor home form and also may be what makes the players seem so scared on the ball because they're scared of the stick so on Saturday let's get behind the boys and help them on to an epic victory! COYR

If they stump up same old gutless fare we have witnessed of late then I for one will joining in,

its the only way us fans have of letting them know how we feel. They love the adulation when

things are going well its only right they should suffer our scorne after a series of

completey useless performances.They need to man up, pampered pri5ks springs to mind at the moment.

Although I have never booed our boys, I can understand why people do. As already said it lets the players/management know that the pitch performances are not good enough and we ( the fans) know it! They have no other means of expressing their opinions. As a professional footballer. Being booed should make you grit your teeth and come out fighting. Proving to your peers that you are good enough to put on the shirt. And they were wrong to boo the team in the first place.

If they stump up same old gutless fare we have witnessed of late then I for one will joining in,

its the only way us fans have of letting them know how we feel. They love the adulation when

things are going well its only right they should suffer our scorne after a series of

completey useless performances.They need to man up, pampered pri5ks springs to mind at the moment.

Agreed. As long as they work hard and give 100% thats all I want - simples. If they arent then they should get some feedback - they are paid a fortune and they need to go out and earn it

I would rather just walk out at the end of a game without booing, but I understand that it is a legitimate way of voicing concern, so have no problem with this in general. I booed Kilkenny during the Wolves game, and Fontaine and Foster during the Derby game recently because they were both awful and just not trying. The former is forgivable but I will not stand for the latter.

Looking at the converse, I don't understand why more people don't applaud positive play. If we get a corner for instance I'm like clap, clap, clap 'come on, come on' - usually to silence all around. There are many people who really don't offer anything in the way of support until we've scored.

Anyway, three points tomorrow. COYR.

fans who boo are the ones who don't go to away games or just go to the ones that are local, annoys me seeing the lack of clapping at the end of the game as well.

Really? I don't buy that myself.

As for clapping, if a player on several thousand pound a week can't put a shift in once a week then they aren't getting any applause from me that's for sure.

fans who boo are the ones who don't go to away games or just go to the ones that are local, annoys me seeing the lack of clapping at the end of the game as well.

absolutely amazingly naive response. I think ralph milne right below your post reasons the reply to this slightly crazy notion rather well.

absolutely amazingly naive response. I think ralph milne right below your post reasons the reply to this slightly crazy notion rather well.

Thats not support though is it? you could get 1000 people of the street and they would 'support' the team as well as a lot of our fans. It's not crazy at all the tenam knows if they've had a bad performance and you think it helps to boo and cry about how you spent £20 and how your not going come back till they're in the premier league.

Thats not support though is it? you could get 1000 people of the street and they would 'support' the team as well as a lot of our fans. It's not crazy at all the tenam knows if they've had a bad performance and you think it helps to boo and cry about how you spent £20 and how your not going come back till they're in the premier league.

does it help to boo? yeah, sure does. it's called venting. look it up.

and who says they're not coming back till we're in the premier league? do you really think everyone who boos at our matches are their for their first and only game? maybe a few of the boo brigade think like that, but I assure you even more have been going longer than you, have travelled further than you and enjoy a similar heartfelt connection to the club as those who think players should be rewarded for a dire performance with a healthy round of applause.

It's been a bit of booing, it's hardly a Blackburn Rovers scenario is it? The players know that they're playing badly, then they've got to be taking the piss then to serve up such shit so regularly. I'm sure nobody said that they weren't going to come back until we were in the prem! My own opinion is that the players and management have got off lightly when it comes to stick.

Archived