IGNORED

Worst Fans In The Country

Bcfc24

I honestly believe we have one of the worst fan bases in the country in terms of supporting our club. Many clubs around the country have bad times at one point or another and still manage to pull together through it, something this club really struggle to do. An example of this would be Derby County a few years ago when we loaned them Lee Johnson they were struggling around the relegation zone however they were still managing to fill their stadium with 30,000 fans every week. This is an example of their club pulling together through a hard time. The mentality seems to be that if the club aren't doing well 'I'm not going' or 'can't watch that rubbish for much longer' and the favourite of everyone 'not spending my hard earned money on that' and this cannot help the players at all knowing that a few bad games and the stadium will empty. If you look at clubs like Derby in hard times their players knew every week they will have a full stadium of fans backing them. Since Gary Johnson left 3 managers have tried to bring good home form to the club and failed now this can't be all the players fault, in my opinion the fans are to quick to blame the players, Mcinnes, Lansdown or anything else that might stop us winning (referees). This club needs the fans more than ever at this time (relegation zone and the debt) so make sure if you love the club you are doing your bit to pull together and gets the club out of trouble! COYR

I honestly believe we have one of the worst fan bases in the country in terms of supporting our club. Many clubs around the country have bad times at one point or another and still manage to pull together through it, something this club really struggle to do. An example of this would be Derby County a few years ago when we loaned them Lee Johnson they were struggling around the relegation zone however they were still managing to fill their stadium with 30,000 fans every week. This is an example of their club pulling together through a hard time. The mentality seems to be that if the club aren't doing well 'I'm not going' or 'can't watch that rubbish for much longer' and the favourite of everyone 'not spending my hard earned money on that' and this cannot help the players at all knowing that a few bad games and the stadium will empty. If you look at clubs like Derby in hard times their players knew every week they will have a full stadium of fans backing them. Since Gary Johnson left 3 managers have tried to bring good home form to the club and failed now this can't be all the players fault, in my opinion the fans are to quick to blame the players, Mcinnes, Lansdown or anything else that might stop us winning (referees). This club needs the fans more than ever at this time (relegation zone and the debt) so make sure if you love the club you are doing your bit to pull together and gets the club out of trouble! COYR

A few facts here mate, firstly Derby have won 2 league titles (and that was in living memory) so have also played in 2 european cups, have had hosts of international players and an enigmatic manager and they have always had large crowds and now play at a new stadium and for the record since he took over Mr Clough jnr. has had plenty of stick from home fans.

This crap about the fans being to blame for all our woes is just crap, our woes stem from poor management and poor coaching and even worse signings, welcome to BCFC.

Sorry, merry christmas and a happy new year.

Not been the same since GJ left, we would take thousands all the time, atmosphere was quality especially away from home, we had a team that whilst not high on ability would scrap for everything, Orr, Elliot, Carey etc,

It meant something to the players, Noble running the length of the pitch to celebrate with the fans at palace, All the fans would wait until GJ had done his fist pump at tge end of the game, 4500 at Reading bouncing around, 3k Newcastle, 4k forest, it used to be quality.

This group don't give a shit as far as I'm concerned so **** em and **** spending best part of £100 to travel away to watch them.

Show some fight and the fans might return, I personally have never felt so far apart from the club and players in particular!

Happy Xmas day!!

Not been the same since GJ left, we would take thousands all the time, atmosphere was quality especially away from home, we had a team that whilst not high on ability would scrap for everything, Orr, Elliot, Carey etc,

It meant something to the players, Noble running the length of the pitch to celebrate with the fans at palace, All the fans would wait until GJ had done his fist pump at tge end of the game, 4500 at Reading bouncing around, 3k Newcastle, 4k forest, it used to be quality.

This group don't give a shit as far as I'm concerned so **** em and **** spending best part of £100 to travel away to watch them.

Show some fight and the fans might return, I personally have never felt so far apart from the club and players in particular!

Happy Xmas day!!

Summed up perfectly, will we see those days return? Because they seem a long, long time ago now.

When the team starts winning again (whatever division that may be in) the fans will return and the atmosphere will improve. It's not much fun seeing your team being outplayed every week and the atmosphere reflects that I'm afraid!! People have posted that the last time the atmosphere was good was when Johnson was in charge - yes that's true because that was the last time that we were winning games consistently (even though the football was dire most of the time). Fans enjoy winning. Simple really.

Worse supporters in the country ? I think you have that a little bit wrong mate. Looking at the table i would say we have one of the worse TEAMS in the country. It's got so bad that i no longer anticipate a win when i go to Ashton Gate. We constantly get turned over easily by teams the get beat the following week. Derby for example. As for the worse supporters, yes I'm one of those alright. When this season's finished, it's good night Vienna for me. Stuff the City. It'll be Brentford and the likes next year for you lot !

Exactly, we conceed We boo, go in at half time 1 nil down .....we boo, loose to a better team than us, thats right we BOO. Take a look at german football to see how to support a team

German teams have great fans, no doubt, but then I'm sure a lot of fans in England would be less inclined to boo if: i) they were allowed to drink in grounds ii) stand up and have a laugh while doing so iii) and pay about a tenner for the privilege. the set-up of English football makes it a largely joyless affair.

go to away games like boro and ipswich and you'll find that none of the fans boo because you only get hardcore supporters going to them sorts of games, home support is quite bad because the EE is the only stand singing and sometimes half of them don't even sing. There are many more worst fans in the country though try going to a few away games and you'll find out.

German teams have great fans, no doubt, but then I'm sure a lot of fans in England would be less inclined to boo if: i) they were allowed to drink in grounds ii) stand up and have a laugh while doing so iii) and pay about a tenner for the privilege. the set-up of English football makes it a largely joyless affair.

Well said! It won't happen, though. The FA's attitude is "give us all your money, then sit down and shut up" :(

I really don't agree with this post, when you consider that as a club we have never won a single major honour and have not been in the top division for thirty two years, I feel to still be averaging over 13,000 when we are bottom of the league is quite an achievement. How many clubs aside from the ten or so 'English Giants' would be attracting those gates after so many barren years?

It always makes me smile how Bristolians belittle City's support but other players and fans around the country always talk about Ashton Gate as being partisan, atmospheric and intimidating. With a few exceptions I.e. Sheffield always seems very noisy, I have visited eighty odd grounds and Ashton Gate is as good as the majority if not better than the majority.

it's a fact when we're doing well the whole city of bristol comes out, saying they've supported city for 50 years..

but seem to disapear again when we're doing shite.. We use to get 19,000 attendances in league 1 ffs.

What do you expect?, after 4 years of abject misery. The day out is now with a few drinks and a bite to eat pretty much a tank full of petrol.

It always makes me smile how Bristolians belittle City's support but other players and fans around the country always talk about Ashton Gate as being partisan, atmospheric and intimidating. With a few exceptions I.e. Sheffield always seems very noisy, I have visited eighty odd grounds and Ashton Gate is as good as the majority if not better than the majority.
Agree completely.

I've said before that as fans we are no different than any other club ie we can create a fantastic atmosphere when things are good but it all goes a bit flat when things are piss.

When we are good we are very good and a lot of the activities carried out by our fans are admired by other clubs fans. Several seasons of dross on the pitch however are starting to cloud the opinions of some of our fans who start to think its always crap at Ashton Gate...it isn't.

Our home form is a source of embarrassment, in the past 2 seasons we have lost 9 and 10 games at home and 7 already this season. We have been relegated 5 times since 1980 and in 1980 we lost 9 at home and we lost 10 at home during the 1982 relegation, the other three relegations we never lost as many home games as this.

Under the much maligned GJ even in his 1st season after taking over from Tinnion we only lost 5 and after that it was 3 a season including the season he was sacked.

I also cannot recall during any of those 5 relegations having 3 or more goals put past us on such regular basis either, the odd game yes, but nothing like the past 3 seasons.

Perhaps if the overpaid posers that claim to play for us put in as much effort as you did writing the above support might improve, until such times you can stick it were the sun don't shine.

This is nonsence, we are in a slump, 9 games and no win at home, tbh i would be dissapionted if we didn't start to question ourselves as fans, we have a big part to play, especially the occasional fans who when they want to can push the stadium to capacity quite easily. Great atmosphere from the pitch, and intimidating for oppo players.

We just badly need a win, confirm we are doing it right and get on going.

This group don't give a shit as far as I'm concerned!

He's got a point. I remember gjs first game away at brentford. The players, just like now, seemed distant from the supporters and even warmed up miles away... He brought them all over to clap us and for us to get behind them. We went on to win that game. Don't forget Charlton away when thousands of potd fans turned up - that was an amazing time.

I haven't felt this distant from the players in a long long long time...

But I suppose I do have twitter to stay in touch with them and see what they had for their tea.

Weird sketch derby as they get large gates but the atmosphere is poor. I think city fans in comparison are top notch. It is not our fault that we watch players walking and jogging not getting goalside back when the other team has the ball. it is not our fault again when players are too sick to play but on the piss the next day.

There is a topic on here about Gerry Gow if city players on wages he could only dream of can put half in as much as he did fans will respond. That is the type of thing Mcinnes needs to get into his signings win or lose. until then it is not my team.

Weird sketch derby as they get large gates but the atmosphere is poor. I think city fans in comparison are top notch. It is not our fault that we watch players walking and jogging not getting goalside back when the other team has the ball. it is not our fault again when players are too sick to play but on the piss the next day.

There is a topic on here about Gerry Gow if city players on wages he could only dream of can put half in as much as he did fans will respond. That is the type of thing Mcinnes needs to get into his signings win or lose. until then it is not my team.

Right on the ball! I remember games when I've applauded the team off after we'd been stuffed 5-0, because they'd given everything. If the players can't be ar$ed to give 100%, I certainly can't be ar$ed to applaud them.

It's like watching an XI of the unwell.

Cheer this!!

We are going in the ground for a ninety minutes doze broke up by mouthfulls of natch at £3.60 a can at half time AND the natch is better value!

Whats is left of support is the dogs bollocks now.

What's needed is a change in philosophy. Closing down, pressing, tackles, sweat on brows, stuff like that.

I sometimes feel a little aggrieved by some of the posts i read on this forum, some times they piss me off and deserve an instant response.....,,sometimes i can dig what the poster is trying to put accross, then on another day i would'nt, but that's life, you wernt very good and you wernt very nice, no point in posting on a day so so nice, the sanity clause is coming into town !

Archived