IGNORED

Worst Fans In The Country

Bcfc24

Not been the same since GJ left, we would take thousands all the time, atmosphere was quality especially away from home, we had a team that whilst not high on ability would scrap for everything, Orr, Elliot, Carey etc,

It meant something to the players, Noble running the length of the pitch to celebrate with the fans at palace, All the fans would wait until GJ had done his fist pump at tge end of the game, 4500 at Reading bouncing around, 3k Newcastle, 4k forest, it used to be quality.

This group don't give a shit as far as I'm concerned so **** em and **** spending best part of £100 to travel away to watch them.

Show some fight and the fans might return, I personally have never felt so far apart from the club and players in particular!

Happy Xmas day!!

The rot started under GJ!, which is why he got the bullet.....the two good seasons were never replicated, in fact his utter inability to sign decent Championship standard players, started us off on this bloody dismal road..plenty of people aided and abetted him though..

I honestly believe we have one of the worst fan bases in the country in terms of supporting our club. Many clubs around the country have bad times at one point or another and still manage to pull together through it, something this club really struggle to do. An example of this would be Derby County a few years ago when we loaned them Lee Johnson they were struggling around the relegation zone however they were still managing to fill their stadium with 30,000 fans every week. This is an example of their club pulling together through a hard time. The mentality seems to be that if the club aren't doing well 'I'm not going' or 'can't watch that rubbish for much longer' and the favourite of everyone 'not spending my hard earned money on that' and this cannot help the players at all knowing that a few bad games and the stadium will empty. If you look at clubs like Derby in hard times their players knew every week they will have a full stadium of fans backing them. Since Gary Johnson left 3 managers have tried to bring good home form to the club and failed now this can't be all the players fault, in my opinion the fans are to quick to blame the players, Mcinnes, Lansdown or anything else that might stop us winning (referees). This club needs the fans more than ever at this time (relegation zone and the debt) so make sure if you love the club you are doing your bit to pull together and gets the club out of trouble! COYR

Derby's gates have dropped by 20% when they did poorly, much like City's. Ashton Gate is bacchanalian v Pride Park.

The rot started under GJ!, which is why he got the bullet.....the two good seasons were never replicated, in fact his utter inability to sign decent Championship standard players, started us off on this bloody dismal road..plenty of people aided and abetted him though..

The rot actually started when our home form became an embarrassment 3 seasons ago under Millen and now DMC, under Johnson 5 defeats at home in his very first season (and he wasn't in charge for the whole season) and thereafter 3 defeats per season including the year he was sacked, if our home form was as good now we would be mid table, which is what most people want/expect. Last 3 seasons 9, 10 and 7 already this season.

As for the players he and Millen left described as being sub standard WTF are they still being played if the manager considers them so poor? and more importantly why has the process of transfer listing sub standard/unwanted players never used anymore?.

I disagree with the op. As has been previously mentioned we have never won a major trophy, so comparing us to someone like derby is not a fair one. If you look at our support throughout the last decade we have a hardcore of about 12k and the floating fans come and go depending on how the team is doing, which is the same as most other clubs throughout the leagues. If we had a bigger stadium in those seasons with us doing well we would have had 23k plus imo. WE have put up with a lot of dross over the years and we still have a decent vocal support (go to places like watford if you think were bad!), not many teams would be getting our attendances with our poor history.

I honestly believe we have one of the worst fan bases in the country in terms of supporting our club. Many clubs around the country have bad times at one point or another and still manage to pull together through it, something this club really struggle to do. An example of this would be Derby County a few years ago when we loaned them Lee Johnson they were struggling around the relegation zone however they were still managing to fill their stadium with 30,000 fans every week. This is an example of their club pulling together through a hard time. The mentality seems to be that if the club aren't doing well 'I'm not going' or 'can't watch that rubbish for much longer' and the favourite of everyone 'not spending my hard earned money on that' and this cannot help the players at all knowing that a few bad games and the stadium will empty. If you look at clubs like Derby in hard times their players knew every week they will have a full stadium of fans backing them. Since Gary Johnson left 3 managers have tried to bring good home form to the club and failed now this can't be all the players fault, in my opinion the fans are to quick to blame the players, Mcinnes, Lansdown or anything else that might stop us winning (referees). This club needs the fans more than ever at this time (relegation zone and the debt) so make sure if you love the club you are doing your bit to pull together and gets the club out of trouble! COYR

City being adrift at the bottom is down to the managers acumen and recruitment.

Derby's support is obvioulsy more numerous, at Pride park they avidly wear replica shirts, but they are unusually quiet.

The way the manager can galvanise support at Ashton Gate is by getting the team to display more endeavour regularly = Pulling together. Players have been lauded e.g Gow, Hutchinson or a Shelton for displaying what should be a basic abilty [effort].

Couldn't disagree more with the OP. In years gone by the Ashton gate crowd would have ripped this shower of shite to pieces on and off the pitch with just half a season of pathetic performances behind them let alone 2 seasons worth of crap. This crowd has been left with nothing remotely entertaining to hang on to, but are still expected to turn up and cheer for their emperors return every other week.

Couldn't disagree more with the OP. In years gone by the Ashton gate crowd would have ripped this shower of shite to pieces on and off the pitch with just half a season of pathetic performances behind them let alone 2 seasons worth of crap. This crowd has been left with nothing remotely entertaining to hang on to, but are still expected to turn up and cheer for their emperors return every other week.

That mentality is long gone, fans are far too passive now, too passive in accepting poor performance. The opening post does not reflect on why players receiving what are lavish salaries/wages to the common man need to be motivated to achieve even simple tasks, such as getting tight.

That mentality is long gone, fans are far too passive now, too passive in accepting poor performance. The opening post does not reflect on why players receiving what are lavish salaries to the common man need to be motivated to achieve even simple tasks such as getting tight.

Exactly best post on this topic, because of the ridiculous wages these guys are paid, why should they give a shit, about whether they play or not, whether play well or not or whether they win or not. Most of these players even at championship level are set fair for life before most of get anywhere near 30 years of age, there is just no incentive for them to perform and that is best shown by players in the past 4/5 seasons some of whom are still with us taking huge salaries whilst nowhere near playing for the team, just hanging around all week and picking up a nice fat pay cheque and not having the PRIDE to seek a transfer to gain that regular first team spot and many BCFC fans defend them saying 'they signed the contract, they are entitled to pick up the money', but that also ignores the fact that we are constantly told how short footballers careers are.

Far too many footballers in this country are far more interested in money than actually playing and many lack PRIDE.

Exactly best post on this topic, because of the ridiculous wages these guys are paid, why should they give a shit, about whether they play or not, whether play well or not or whether they win or not. Most of these players even at championship level are set fair for life before most of get anywhere near 30 years of age, there is just no incentive for them to perform and that is best shown by players in the past 4/5 seasons some of whom are still with us taking huge salaries whilst nowhere near playing for the team, just hanging around all week and picking up a nice fat pay cheque and not having the PRIDE to seek a transfer to gain that regular first team spot and many BCFC fans defend them saying 'they signed the contract, they are entitled to pick up the money', but that also ignores the fact that we are constantly told how short footballers careers are.

Far too many footballers in this country are far more interested in money than actually playing and many lack PRIDE.

I agreee, and i think most normal people would - which makes it bizarre you have other threads on this forum beseeching people not to boo the players etc etc. don't get me wrong, i'm not urging people to boo when it's not warranted, but surely when there's been a dire performance then supporters are well within their rights to do so, without being accused of being 'part timers' or 'glory hunters'

German teams have great fans, no doubt, but then I'm sure a lot of fans in England would be less inclined to boo if: i) they were allowed to drink in grounds ii) stand up and have a laugh while doing so iii) and pay about a tenner for the privilege. the set-up of English football makes it a largely joyless affair.

I think this is a major reason why fans turn on the players so easily. We're all in a horrible economy at the moment and fans who fork out £30 to watch football will feel aggrieved when the players arnt winning or arnt putting in 100%. Now if these same fans were being charged £5 to £10 i bet they'd be alot more fogiving.

I think this is a major reason why fans turn on the players so easily. We're all in a horrible economy at the moment and fans who fork out £30 to watch football will feel aggrieved when the players arnt winning or arnt putting in 100%. Now if these same fans were being charged £5 to £10 i bet they'd be alot more fogiving.

agree. English football doesn't help itself - it continually (and bizarrely) promotes itself as the best in the world, charges top whack and just doesn't deliver (unless you're one of those who supports one of the mega brands). the very mechanics of that mean that sooner or later some people are going to twig and bloody well state their displeasure at the end. and fair play to them.

go to away games like boro and ipswich and you'll find that none of the fans boo because you only get hardcore supporters going to them sorts of games, home support is quite bad because the EE is the only stand singing and sometimes half of them don't even sing. There are many more worst fans in the country though try going to a few away games and you'll find out.
Completly agree, it's the so called fans that boo the team instead of getting behind them that let the team down, we may not be doing well at the moment and the tactics might not be the best but atleast it's better than being beaten 3-0 every single game like last season, some of the eastend even try to stage protests and sing about getting their money back, that isn't support its just turning up.

Completly agree, it's the so called fans that boo the team instead of getting behind them that let the team down, we may not be doing well at the moment and the tactics might not be the best but atleast it's better than being beaten 3-0 every single game like last season, some of the eastend even try to stage protests and sing about getting their money back, that isn't support its just turning up.

Abject performances like those v Wolves are far worse than anything seen last season. Collectively it is not a "team". The teams lack of orgnisation front to back will not be put right by fans, but by hard work on the training ground, then application on the pitch.

sir, you're sense of understatement has just had me howling with laughter. you have checked the league table yes?

for the record, I'm supportive of Del, and would rather he isn't sacked. But this is not about him. This is about people having the basic right to voice their displeasure at wathcing - at times - utter trash. Do you not see how they are well within their rights. By all means, feel free to bounce about the gate like a happy little robin, but your inability to uinderstand why others are less inclined to do so is disturbing in its misguided innocence.

sir, you're sense of understatement has just had me howling with laughter. you have checked the league table yes? for the record, I'm supportive of Del, and would rather he isn't sacked. But this is not about him. This is about people having the basic right to voice their displeasure at wathcing - at times - utter trash. Do you not see how they are well within their rights. By all means, feel free to bounce about the gate like a happy little robin, but your inability to uinderstand why others are less inclined to do so is disturbing in its misguided innocence.
Sorry, but when you've actually watched a couple of games this season and compare them to last season when we went through a period of losing 3-0 every game under millen, we are actually improving, I see how they are within their rights but to me if you boo the team you are supposed to support then you aren't a supporter you just turn up and I'm sick of seeing this at home, try going to Middlesbrough away, only the hardcore true fans made the trip and they were all behind the team, so I do understand but it doesnt help the team at all.

Sorry, but when you've actually watched a couple of games this season and compare them to last season when we went through a period of losing 3-0 every game under millen, we are actually improving, I see how they are within their rights but to me if you boo the team you are supposed to support then you aren't a supporter you just turn up and I'm sick of seeing this at home, try going to Middlesbrough away, only the hardcore true fans made the trip and they were all behind the team, so I do understand but it doesnt help the team at all.

my journey to watch city involves flying across europe. others travel even further. your assertion of what is 'hardcore' or what 'true fans' are is not balanced in the slightest. and neither is it relevant. frankly, i don't care if someone has walked from north street to see city or crossed mountains to do so, the bottom line is they have equal shouting rights how the club is run. and the only way we have as fans of voicing our displeasure is by either voting with our feet or by booing.

we should not blindly accept what is served up to us either by the team or by the board - otherwise we become yes men with no control over the clubs destiny. my next game will be leicester, and I look forward to it - and I shall also boo if the team deserves it, though I hope that will not be called for. my words are harsh and I apologize for being so confrontational, that wasn't the intention, clearly though we come from two extremes and never the twain shall meet!

my journey to watch city involves flying across europe. others travel even further. your assertion of what is 'hardcore' or what 'true fans' are is not balanced in the slightest. and neither is it relevant. frankly, i don't care if someone has walked from north street to see city or crossed mountains to do so, the bottom line is they have equal shouting rights how the club is run. and the only way we have as fans of voicing our displeasure is by either voting with our feet or by booing. we should not blindly accept what is served up to us either by the team or by the board - otherwise we become yes men with no control over the clubs destiny. my next game will be leicester, and I look forward to it - and I shall also boo if the team deserves it, though I hope that will not be called for. my words are harsh and I apologize for being so confrontational, that wasn't the intention, clearly though we come from two extremes and never the twain shall meet!
No we shouldnt appect what has been given to us, in games we haven't shown heart, passion or determination, it needs to change and it may only be me but I believe we will stay up this season, it's not as bad as everyone makes out, I still don't believe anyone should boo the team, but it's your choice, I can't change that, fair play for flying across europe to watch the team.

To be honest, having watched the most abject performance ever from a 'Bristol City Team' against Wolves, I think we have the BEST supporters in the country. How the East End got behind their Club in the second half was amazing (similarly, against Reading when we were getting stuffed).

Over to the obscenely paid bunch of wasters to get out there and start playing for the ******* shirt.

To be honest, having watched the most abject performance ever from a 'Bristol City Team' against Wolves, I think we have the BEST supporters in the country. How the East End got behind their Club in the second half was amazing (similarly, against Reading when we were getting stuffed).

Over to the obscenely paid bunch of wasters to get out there and start playing for the ******* shirt.

yeah, a lot goes down to passion or the perceived lack of it - maybe I'm looking through rose-hued glasses, but I'm sure during the relegation season in the late 90s (the benny interlude) the crowd were a lot more positive because there were some real battlers and some real combatative performances. whether the players are up to the mark in terms of quality is neither here nor there, as long as they give there all and show passion for the cause - as you say, start playing for the effing shirt. i get the idea too many have their eye on the life of a footballer as opposed to the actual football. i hope i'm wrong, and by all accounts there have been some backs-against-the-wall heroics :s

Archived