IGNORED

Prey For Van Persie...

Philly The Kid

Its not a laughing matter I think AF is right could have been very serious.a ball being blasted in the back of your head traveling a 90 mph from 3 yards..........yeah funny
Imo, the only reason Ferguson came out with such rubbish is to deflect the fact Van Persil should have been sent off.

Williams,didn't do it on purpose( when you watch it at real speed rather than the super slow mo they kept showing) but Persi lost the plot and went to attack him.

Sending off for the Persi I say.

Imo, the only reason Ferguson came out with such rubbish is to deflect the fact Van Persil should have been sent off.

Williams,didn't do it on purpose( when you watch it at real speed rather than the super slow mo they kept showing) but Persi lost the plot and went to attack him.

Sending off for the Persi I say.

have you had ur inlaws round today?? if so u need to lay of the gusset sniffing for a while ,williams didnt do it on purpose surely thats banter

have you had ur inlaws round today?? if so u need to lay of the gusset sniffing for a while ,williams didnt do it on purpose surely thats banter

Gusset sniffing?

That certainly beats housey housey, musical chairs or pin the tail on the donkey....

No wonder our family Christmases are so boring, I'll wake gran up I think....

No, we were round there's ;).

Seriously though, we may as well get players to wear crash helmets, players get hit all the time by the ball,no bones broken,keepers get the ball in the head,face,arm and everywhere else and no broken bones.

Van Persi was well enough to jump straight up and try and attack someone,proof if it was indeed needed, that it didn't even hurt him.

Ferguson is a master at over reacting and spin, if that incident was the other way round and Williams had jumped up and attacked Van Persie, he would be saying Williams should have seen red. Imo of course ;)

No, we were round there's ;).

Seriously though, we may as well get players to wear crash helmets, players get hit all the time by the ball,no bones broken,keepers get the ball in the head,face,arm and everywhere else and no broken bones.

Van Persi was well enough to jump straight up and try and attack someone,proof if it was indeed needed, that it didn't even hurt him.

Ferguson is a master at over reacting and spin, if that incident was the other way round and Williams had jumped up and attacked Van Persie, he would be saying Williams should have seen red. Imo of course ;)

with u on most of that billbo but i aint havin the williams didnt do it on purpose bit he new exactly what he was doing as for the fergie thing if williams hadnt of done it we wouldnt even be talking about it merry snifmass :icecream::icecream:

As Portland Bill I believe said on sunday, SAF over reacted but nobody is talking about the fact they dropped 2 points and that he openly criticised Rooney in the press conference, eveybody is talking about this and that is managerial genius, only he Mourhinho have that brilliant ability, to take the focus away from a stuttering performance.

Please tell me that this is a joke?

There is a distinct lack of smiley to know for sure, but the incident is not funny in itself, if he didn't get up and had to goto hospital would it be funny then?

People just have it in for Fergie and Manu, especially the media, saying 'oh its fergie, playing his mind games again' No, it was a serious assault and its a bit annoying everyone is joking about it, a ball can be a weapon in the right hands and Williams knew this.

There is a distinct lack of smiley to know for sure, but the incident is not funny in itself, if he didn't get up and had to goto hospital would it be funny then?

People just have it in for Fergie and Manu, especially the media, saying 'oh its fergie, playing his mind games again' No, it was a serious assault and its a bit annoying everyone is joking about it, a ball can be a weapon in the right hands and Williams knew this.

The comedy value of that is endless. :facepalm:

My only comment is, a football could cause brain damage if not headed correctly (i.e. by bracing the neck muscles, thus anticipating the impact). Van Persie could not possibly have anticipated the impact of the ball to his head and therefore had not braced himself. Ergo, while death may be a slight exageration, there is a very real possibility of brain damage caused by severe concussion.

My only comment is, a football could cause brain damage if not headed correctly (i.e. by bracing the neck muscles, thus anticipating the impact). Van Persie could not possibly have anticipated the impact of the ball to his head and therefore had not braced himself. Ergo, while death may be a slight exageration, there is a very real possibility of brain damage caused by severe concussion.

+1

Death was a bit over the top until you consider that essentially the speed the ball did ravel could have caused his neck to whip, he could have been paralysed, left with brain damage or maybe had a small concussion. No matter the outcome or the fact that Williams never intended to actually strike the ball into Van Persie it was still extremely dangerous and could have done serious harm. Had Williams lost his temper/ became frustrated and lunged into a tackle with two feet he would have been sent off and yet that could have been less dangerous. People seem to miss the fact what he did was dangerous and could have done serious damage and all he got was a booking, had it been a two footed challenge or had he even just pushed a player over he may have been sent off, very bad consistency in the logic in my opinion, I think he should have been sent off and disciplined.

have you actually watched it? from 3 yards away a ball would not get to 90mph for a start. im not saying it wasn't dangerous but people are really exaggerating.

I think you should re-address your facts,the fastest point of a object is just after its been struck,then losese momentum the further travels............if your confused try looking at Newtons three laws of motion

Archived