IGNORED

City V Watford Match Thread

Super

3 points behind Barnsley and pBoro 5 points behind wed 7 points behind Ipswich

No point worrying about how far behind we are teams when we now have this game in hand which is against a very decent Watford side trying to be postive but think they'll beat us.

All attention must be focused on the Peterborough game now doesn't matter if they win again today we now need to start playing each game as a relegation battle or it'll be too late.

But i am

and its pissing down in Bath as well

I think the main reason was off today could be down to the fact the drainage system not working ? Though usually we can just take the covers off if before the game,though it was raining from about 1 ish and then very heavy rain where you couldn't hear yourself talk in the ateyo for 20 minutes or so.

Watford came sprinting out to clap their fans, sliding over the pitch and having a bit if banter.

City came strolling out, scared of the rain, made it just about to the half way line and ran back in. Real men.

Yes fair play the Watford players showed fantastic appreciation for their fans and gave them a show. We however had just one player brave enough to venture past the halfway line to clap us despite the whole of the Wedlocks singing "Bristol City". No wonder we boo our players so often, no love for for the fans.

#BristolCity v Watford - Heaton, Foster, Bates, McManus, Fontaine, Cunningham, Adomah, Danns, Skuse, Baldock, Stead.

I went to the Gate with hope and then I saw Fontaine, Foster and Skuse strutting their stuff in the warm-up. How are we going to survive with these players constantly in the team.

Fonts can play in this league all day long, according to DMac, I tend to agree, hopefully the captaincy being taken away will give him back confidence. Foster is OK, doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on here, Skuse similarly OK.

Watford came sprinting out to clap their fans, sliding over the pitch and having a bit if banter.

City came strolling out, scared of the rain, made it just about to the half way line and ran back in. Real men.

I know what you are saying, after seeing impressive 'Klinsmanns' from the Watford players I was willing ours to do the same, or better. But I think they would have got injured or drowned knowing our luck!

Seriously, if they had come out and had a laugh they would have been slaughtered on here wouldn't they? They were very subdued, under orders perhaps?

Fonts can play in this league all day long, according to DMac, I tend to agree, hopefully the captaincy being taken away will give him back confidence. Foster is OK, doesn't deserve the abuse he gets on here, Skuse similarly OK.

Views like that is the reason we are in big trouble. I look forward to the time when either Del or preferably a new manager will replace these jokers with better players.

The standing water had nowhere to go, the pitch was saturated and the water was lying on the surface. The groundsmen were working their socks off with rollers and brushes, but couldn't cover the whole pitch. Infact they were fighting a losing battle, credit to them for the effort.

McInnes and the groundsman(?) had a long discussion, the ref looked several times. The ball wouldn't bounce or roll.

Yes perhaps if we waited another 30 mins it could have been playable, but it would have been a farce.

It seems the drains or guttering were coping either, the walkway behind the Eastend was ankle deep in parts. Just one of those things.

Edit: for those asking why Bath etc still on, I live only a couple of miles away from AG and have arrived hom eto be told it wasn't half as bad here.

Couldn't agree more the amount of water those blue things were turning out was impressive. The groundsmen desreve a round of applause they never stopped but were always fighting a loosing battle.

I know what you are saying, after seeing impressive 'Klinsmanns' from the Watford players I was willing ours to do the same, or better. But I think they would have got injured or drowned knowing our luck!

Seriously, if they had come out and had a laugh they would have been slaughtered on here wouldn't they? They were very subdued, under orders perhaps?

I understand that. But City looked almost scared to be out there.... Scared if the weather. Scared if the fans. That could have been a chance to see a bit if togetherness...

I understand that. But City looked almost scared to be out there. Scared of the weather. Scared of the fans. That could have been a chance to see a bit of togetherness...

The standing water had nowhere to go, the pitch was saturated and the water was lying on the surface. The groundsmen were working their socks off with rollers and brushes, but couldn't cover the whole pitch. Infact they were fighting a losing battle, credit to them for the effort.

McInnes and the groundsman(?) had a long discussion, the ref looked several times. The ball wouldn't bounce or roll.

Yes perhaps if we waited another 30 mins it could have been playable, but it would have been a farce.

It seems the drains or guttering were coping either, the walkway behind the Eastend was ankle deep in parts. Just one of those things.

Edit: for those asking why Bath etc still on, I live only a couple of miles away from AG and have arrived hom eto be told it wasn't half as bad here.

Well said. There are many things to be annoyed with the Club for atm but today is not one of them. It is one of those things and cannot be helped. Those criticising the pitch have surely never visited the Gate before, it is immaculate and easily one of the best maintained in the division.

Couldn't agree more the amount of water those blue things were turning out was impressive. The groundsmen desreve a round of applause they never stopped but were always fighting a loosing battle.

Credit to those guys, they worked their buts off and I also applaud them. I hope our pampered players show the same workrate against the in-form posh on Saturday.

So glad this view isn't shared by the manager. Oh wait, it is .....

These wasters are EXACTLY why we are bottom of the league.

I wish people would stop defending mediocrity.

Archived