IGNORED

A Cdm

BCFC96

am i the only one who thinks that in January we should buy a CDM as we have never replaced Cisse who in my opinion was one of our better players last season, not saying it would solve all of our problems but it would give our defence some cover.

Considering 4 of the 5 loanee's that we have, have deals that run out shortly we could have bigger problems !

yeah we need need to try and get Danns and Mcmanus on longer deals, funnily enough apparently we have been looking at a new striker, lewis grabban. don't think scoring goals has really been the problem.

McManus, are you insane? NO, with added extra no. Danns, perhaps. but no McManus. god no

seriously? i think he's a championship level defender, let me guess your going to say Bates is good like the rest of our fans when infact he has played the worst out of all of them.

Yeah seriously McManus was pants first time around and not better this, complete waste. Bates, is one of those footballers who needs to figure out if his body can take it any more, he is practically a bionic man, and as per the Davis loan last season, doing it here is wrong. He is young enough to rebuild lower down and complete a season there (remember he has already been injured here) with set back see if someone else will take him or go non league/abroad and pro long his career if he wants to and can without compromising his ability to walk later on. Afaik his deal runs out at the end of next month, we would be mad to extend it in all honesty

i think Mcmanus has been shadowed by other defensive mistakes which he can't do anyhting about, still in a sense i agree because we need to completely change our defence as some of them are good induviually but collectivily are awful, the only expections would be Cunningham and Mcmanus. In January i think we should try and sign one or defenders permenatly and play Carey a bit more for the rest of the season because on the occasions he's played like Middlesbrough he has been one of our better players.

I'd like to see James Wilson back.

Above all we need our CB's to attack the ball and be touch tight when marking and not try and defend 4 feet away from an attacker.

From what I have seen McManus & Bates are really no better than Fonts/Carey and Nyatanga so why waste our time and money.

Now that his favourite, Skuse is back he won't feel the need for a proper defensive midfield player and will probably blow the kitty on another forward

I'd like to see James Wilson back.

Above all we need our CB's to attack the ball and be touch tight when marking and not try and defend 4 feet away from an attacker.

From what I have seen McManus & Bates are really no better than Fonts/Carey and Nyatanga so why waste our time and money.

Now that his favourite, Skuse is back he won't feel the need for a proper defensive midfield player and will probably blow the kitty on another forward

Wilson had played a few and not really looked up to it, I agree with Bates but Mcmanus has played well last season and has been consistent this season. I would like to see Danny Wilson start as we are paying him for him to watch and it really doesn't make sense for a loan player to sit on the bench, we even played Briggs who in my opinion wasn't very good. Think we need to get some permenant signings in such as CB, LM,CM-CDM and RB by the start of next season and make sure that they are proven players like Baldock and Davies.

I agree on the CDM and (obviously) getting Danns on a longer deal.

As for McManus I'm a bit split and think it depends on his wages. On the one hand, I don't think he's a long-term solution but, on the other, I do think he's the best central defender we have at the moment, even if that says more about the weaknesses/form of other options.

Bates hasn't been great but was out injured for a long time before coming into the team. The jury's still out for sure but I'd be happy if we extended his deal to the end of the season to see what happens.

I'm telling you, Craig Dawson is the answer. He has not featured for west brim all season and I'm sure he would love a run out with a team like us. He is the missing piece in our central defence. Solid, great in the air and a leader

I might be being naive or overly-kind on DMC but I can't help but think there must be a reason why we've not managed to get him, rather than us not being interested. He'd be a cut above what we have for sure.

I'm telling you, Craig Dawson is the answer. He has not featured for west brim all season and I'm sure he would love a run out with a team like us. He is the missing piece in our central defence. Solid, great in the air and a leader

don't really know much about him but if we could try and get a few more players on permenant deals it would be good, bit annoying loaning players in and them just getting injured or not playing.

I agree on the CDM and (obviously) getting Danns on a longer deal.

As for McManus I'm a bit split and think it depends on his wages. On the one hand, I don't think he's a long-term solution but, on the other, I do think he's the best central defender we have at the moment, even if that says more about the weaknesses/form of other options.

Bates hasn't been great but was out injured for a long time before coming into the team. The jury's still out for sure but I'd be happy if we extended his deal to the end of the season to see what happens.

Solid and great in the air is surely a contradiction, or is it just me :ill:

seriously? i think he's a championship level defender, let me guess your going to say Bates is good like the rest of our fans when infact he has played the worst out of all of them.

Absolutely, McManus was by a mile our best defender today and if he can maintain that form appears to be part of the solution to our defensive woes.

I agree by the way- Bates was awful, I know McInnes seems to rate him (or at least think he's better than what we have otherwise) but I'm not at all sure he's worth a deal

I didnt, flu has a lot to answer for. One game vs 10 men doesnt suddenly make him brilliant and a defence conceding 2 vs 10 men is hardly testament to a strong defence, irrespective. So no hasnt changed my opinion im afraid. would require consistently being good rather than just the one game to help change my mind

Archived