IGNORED

A Cdm

BCFC96

But at least he's better than Fontaine!

Big Mcmanus had a decent game today, like to see him on a longer deal, Bates not sure but a pay as you play until end of season could suit both parties.

Yeah hopefully he will gradually get better with game time, In my opinion Mcmanus has been a good defender this season and i think the people who doubt Mcmanus mmight not have seen him play enough.

I didnt, flu has a lot to answer for. One game vs 10 men doesnt suddenly make him brilliant and a defence conceding 2 vs 10 men is hardly testament to a strong defence, irrespective. So no hasnt changed my opinion im afraid. would require consistently being good rather than just the one game to help change my mind

If you did not attend, how can you have an opinion, one of there goals was a penalty, on the whole we played well, mcmanus was solid and managed to get on the scoresheet, you seem to be blindsided by what others have posted as you don't seem to know much about how we have played recently, you must be an armchair supporter, going by what bbc sport says, it might not change your mind because you might only turn up to 5 games a season.

If you did not attend, how can you have an opinion, one of there goals was a penalty, on the whole we played well, mcmanus was solid and managed to get on the scoresheet, you seem to be blindsided by what others have posted as you don't seem to know much about how we have played recently, you must be an armchair supporter, going by what bbc sport says, it might not change your mind because you might only turn up to 5 games a season.

Agree depends on how often you see a player play if you have only seen him play twice you can't really judge him. That is the only way i can imagine how you think Mcmanus is bad.

To answer you both, Ive seen him enough to form an opinion of him, based on what Ive seen at a variety of places. As originally said 1 game against a 10 man team does not suddenly make him fantastic, nor does it solve all the problems. If he were to put in performances like the great one today (though some have still said it wasnt great and part of a defence that conceded 2 goals vs 10 men isnt going to be the best in the world) all the time then, for sure I may change my opinion. He hasnt, ergo I wont be changing my opinion unless he does. It's not rocket science.

Cheers

I think him and Carey in defence is our best chance of a clean sheet, i'm pretty sure that was the partnership at Middlesbrough and we only conceded one which was from a corner.

To answer you both, Ive seen him enough to form an opinion of him, based on what Ive seen at a variety of places. As originally said 1 game against a 10 man team does not suddenly make him fantastic, nor does it solve all the problems. If he were to put in performances like the great one today (though some have still said it wasnt great and part of a defence that conceded 2 goals vs 10 men isnt going to be the best in the world) all the time then, for sure I may change my opinion. He hasnt, ergo I wont be changing my opinion unless he does. It's not rocket science.

Cheers

Nobody said anything about mcmanus solving our defensive problems, we are saying that he's better than you make out.

Thought Bates and McManus were fantastic today, the first boro goal was entirely Cunninghams fault for an atrocious backpass the second one was great vision by the peterboro defender to dink it over the top for a very pacey striker, and probably a shot Heaton wouldve saved tbh. Would like to see the exact same lineup on Tuesday night!

Archived