IGNORED

John Atyeo Print Stolen From The Supporters Club Bar

Dollymarie

Such a huge shame!! Sounds like this was planned rather than a spur of the moment thing, don't want to point fingers as there are many great people who work at the gate but possibly an inside job from a bad apple? Have the police been informed? Would be good if a reward could be put up.

Hard to quantify really.

if you consider the number of goals he scored, the fact he was a full England International and inflation, I don't think you'd get much change from thirty million. And that's before wages which I'd imagine will be at least a hundred grand a week.

That hasn't helped has it?

No, but it made Horace laugh ;)

The print has been returned!

A dog walker came across it this morning, and brought it in to the football club.

It's a bit muddy, as he was found outside, but is thankfully back safe and sounded, any damage will be sorted out.

Brilliant news, welcome back King John hopefully a sign of good things to come...................................

A dog walker came across it this morning, and brought it in to the football club.

It's a bit muddy, as he was found outside, but is thankfully back safe and sounded, any damage will be sorted out.

Good to hear. Maybe whoever took it has a consience after all.

Might be worth letting the OB finger print it though.

Great News, thanks for sharing.

Sounds like Big John has been taking a look at the village green in AV! :laugh:!

Mongrel ??!! How can you say such a thing of a national hero !!!

He / she was a Collie.

Indeed.

Am sad enough to look at Pickles' wiki page. It says that "Pickles died in 1967 when he choked on his lead while chasing a cat".

Tragic for him, obviously, but you can't help but smile....

Indeed.

Am sad enough to look at Pickles' wiki page. It says that "Pickles died in 1967 when he choked on his lead while chasing a cat".

Tragic for him, obviously, but you can't help but smile....

Poor old Bonetti was never the same, bloody pickles cost us the 1970 world cup!!

I used to have a pre match drink in the old "Legends" bar (which is where the Supporters Club is now). It was always easy to keep my fatherly eye on my son and daughter who were about Eight and Six.

When the Legends bar became an Over Eighteens only establishment, I was reluctant to take my children to the local pubs, so I joined the Supporters Club, where juveniles were accepted.

I must admit that at the time of joining, I too had reservations and concerns regarding the Supporters Club, and how we may or may not be accepted.

I have to say that the people were Top Class, Friendly, and most welcoming. The Children found friends and quite often, I wouldn't see them from 1pm to 2.45pm, But you knew they would be safe.

My children are now 22 and 20 and alas aren't regulars any longer, and, I gave up my membership some while ago.

However, having viewed the Supporters Club from both inside and out, I think I am in a good position to judge, and anyone who thinks it's an elitist drinks dungeon

couldn't be further from the truth.

I would recommend anyone to the supporters club, and am even contemplating renewing for next season.

Go on, give it a go.....

Please feel free to pop in any game - i am not there for the Leceister game but i am around for any other game - just ask for me. Trina BCSC&T x

Is it just me or are dog walkers like the Indiana Jones of modern society - they seem to always run across paintings, pictures, dead bodies, stole loot.... in fact I imagine most dog owners must pay a fortune in insurance as it's almost a certainty that they will trip over some lost/stolen treasure and hurt themselves.

Archived