IGNORED

John Atyeo Print Stolen From The Supporters Club Bar

Dollymarie

Because its an elitist group like the boardroom.

If it is only being used once a week, then surely the football club should use at other times for the good of the club, Christmas parties, weddings etc.

Its not 'elitist' at all. Anyone can join.

And......the club is used for events from time to time but with other premises available within AG it doesn't get as much use as it used to.

Because its an elitist group like the boardroom.

If it is only being used once a week, then surely the football club should use at other times for the good of the club, Christmas parties, weddings etc.

As mentioned by others, it is not elitist at all. If you would like a membership form sent to you, please let me know.

Quick question?

Where is the supporters club now? I used to be a member many years ago, that was when the entrance was in the side of the Williams.

I had a quick look last time I was over, I don't usually get round that side of the ground, usualy I walk from Bemmie and go in the Dolman when I'm back, and things had changed.

I did think at the time, perhaps it's been like it for ages, even when I was working a few hundred yards away 10 years ago and just hadn't noticed.

As mentioned by others, it is not elitist at all. If you would like a membership form sent to you, please let me know.

Don't worry about him Dolly he's been trying to pick a fight all day.

Just a thought though the next time that little scamp Jody Morris puts up an instagram photo of himself in his living room on twitter just keep an eye on the background.

O

Its just as you start walking down the back of the Dolman, the door is anyway, you have some steps to get up once in the door. The print was taken from the bottom of the steps, just inside the door.

Oh right ta, I used to go in there when it first opened as a bar after the bowling club left.

I don't suppose it's like the old days when, if you weren't a member, you could give the chap on the door a couple quid and he'd sign you in for the day?

O

Oh right ta, I used to go in there when it first opened as a bar after the bowling club left.

I don't suppose it's like the old days when, if you weren't a member, you could give the chap on the door a couple quid and he'd sign you in for the day?

I'm sure something could be arranged if you were say, over for a match maybe.

Just a thought though the next time that little scamp Jody Morris puts up an instagram photo of himself in his living room on twitter just keep an eye on the background.

Haha, more likely to be a picture of himself playing for Chels' I think.

Its not 'elitist' at all. Anyone can join.

And......the club is used for events from time to time but with other premises available within AG it doesn't get as much use as it used to.

I was under the impression that membership was limited to a given number, if I'm wrong please correct me.

If the room isn't used as much as it used to be then the club is at fault, it should be maximising all possible revenue streams in these difficult times.

I agree that little bugger Morris puts Lee Johnson to shame.

I don't think everyone can join.

I used to have a pre match drink in the old "Legends" bar (which is where the Supporters Club is now). It was always easy to keep my fatherly eye on my son and daughter who were about Eight and Six.

When the Legends bar became an Over Eighteens only establishment, I was reluctant to take my children to the local pubs, so I joined the Supporters Club, where juveniles were accepted.

I must admit that at the time of joining, I too had reservations and concerns regarding the Supporters Club, and how we may or may not be accepted.

I have to say that the people were Top Class, Friendly, and most welcoming. The Children found friends and quite often, I wouldn't see them from 1pm to 2.45pm, But you knew they would be safe.

My children are now 22 and 20 and alas aren't regulars any longer, and, I gave up my membership some while ago.

However, having viewed the Supporters Club from both inside and out, I think I am in a good position to judge, and anyone who thinks it's an elitist drinks dungeon

couldn't be further from the truth.

I would recommend anyone to the supporters club, and am even contemplating renewing for next season.

Go on, give it a go.....

I used to have a pre match drink in the old "Legends" bar (which is where the Supporters Club is now). It was always easy to keep my fatherly eye on my son and daughter who were about Eight and Six.

When the Legends bar became an Over Eighteens only establishment, I was reluctant to take my children to the local pubs, so I joined the Supporters Club, where juveniles were accepted.

I must admit that at the time of joining, I too had reservations and concerns regarding the Supporters Club, and how we may or may not be accepted.

I have to say that the people were Top Class, Friendly, and most welcoming. The Children found friends and quite often, I wouldn't see them from 1pm to 2.45pm, But you knew they would be safe.

My children are now 22 and 20 and alas aren't regulars any longer, and, I gave up my membership some while ago.

However, having viewed the Supporters Club from both inside and out, I think I am in a good position to judge, and anyone who thinks it's an elitist drinks dungeon

couldn't be further from the truth.

I would recommend anyone to the supporters club, and am even contemplating renewing for next season.

Go on, give it a go.....

Now that's what I call a reasoned and sensible response, no shouting ala Dolly, no poor attempt at ridicule ala bcc south.

I'm going to try and (re)join.

I've still got my membership card from the 1960's, slightly damaged by my pet mongrel Toby, who I always suspected of having gas leanings judging by his after dinner habits.

I'll pop in before the next game.

Does anyone know how much a replacement would be yet?

Hard to quantify really.

if you consider the number of goals he scored, the fact he was a full England International and inflation, I don't think you'd get much change from thirty million. And that's before wages which I'd imagine will be at least a hundred grand a week.

That hasn't helped has it?

• Admin
Hard to quantify really.

if you consider the number of goals he scored, the fact he was a full England International and inflation, I don't think you'd get much change from thirty million. And that's before wages which I'd imagine will be at least a hundred grand a week.

That hasn't helped has it?

Errm maybe not.

Does anyone know if it was a "one off" print or something that can re done?

Errm maybe not.

Does anyone know if it was a "one off" print or something that can re done?

The print was originally in the old Supporters Club bar in Williams. When the bar was moved the print found its way to the club offices and was hanging just opposite the admin desk.

When the Supporters Club opened where it is now I asked Colin Sexstone if we could have the print back and suggested that a copy be made for the club offices. He reckoned that wasn't possible as the original print and negatives were lost.

Now the print has been stolen. Why anyone would go to the trouble of unscrewing the fixtures and carrying it off is a mystery. Its value lies in its historical value and is worth virtually nothing in money terms.

Archived