IGNORED

Sorry To Be Negative

WiltshireRed

Firstly i want to say how glad i am we got the 3 points today! Much needed. I think we would have won even 11v11 and i must say i think it was Anderson who would have been the difference which begs the question, why this long? The fans have all collectively wanted to see him brought in for such a long time so i just wander what dmc was thinking to not even try him out? Another question for dmc, so many of us again have been saying when win games with 442 and attacking (attack best form of defence etc) so how come again it took so long to change his tactics? Lastly why oh why did he keep picking fontaine when today clearly showed we looked a lot more confident and organised bar one error, (i know we conceded 2 however i think the latter was switching off knowing we'd won (which i know is unacceptable as well))

I would like to say we looked alot better today, anderson was the highlight too me which i think shows again how much freedom players can have playing on the left wing when cunningham is behind. Roll on Millwall now and lets drive onwards!

It wasnt 442

Started 4-4-2 like this:

---------------------------------Heaton

-------------------------Bates--------McManus

Foster--------------------------------------------------Cunningham

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------Skuse----------------Danns

Adomah--------------------------------------------------Anderson

-------------------Baldock-----------Stead

THEN:

....................................................................Heaton

.........................Bates.......................McManus

.....................................................................Cunningham

....................Skuse

............................................Danns

Adomah.........................Anderson........................Foster

.......Baldock...................................Stead

I've not messed up the formatting here, hard to put a shape on it! 3-5-2 I guess.

The Christmas Tree formation.

Everyone on the radio was calling it this after the game. The crimbo tree formation used by venables for england back in the day was 4321, thus looking like a christmas tree. Any other formation does not look like a christmas tree. Unless you buy your tree from the back of barrys van on christmas eve.

There certainly wasn't a back 4, more of a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2

It doesn't really matter what the formation was. The bottom line is that it worked.

I agree that at times City had three at the back, particularly when attacking but there were other times when there was five at the back.

Up top there were times when Anderson, Baldock, Stead and Albert were all ahead of the ball but City weren't playing 4 up front.

It doesn't really matter what the formation was. The bottom line is that it worked.

I agree that at times City had three at the back, particularly when attacking but there were other times when there was five at the back.

Up top there were times when Anderson, Baldock, Stead and Albert were all ahead of the ball but City weren't playing 4 up front.

Absolutely. We won end of. Skuse made a big difference as well today. But thats another thread which will surely end in a fight.

Absolutely. We won end of. Skuse made a big difference as well today. But thats another thread which will surely end in a fight.

I don't believe it will lead to a fight, perhaps after a 4 year search the injury that put Skuse out and directly led to us signing Danns has unwittingly given him the partner that might actually bring the best out of him and lead to him being far more consistent and push on to the next level and unlock the undoubted potential that has stagnated.

Firstly i want to say how glad i am we got the 3 points today! Much needed. I think we would have won even 11v11 and i must say i think it was Anderson who would have been the difference which begs the question, why this long? The fans have all collectively wanted to see him brought in for such a long time so i just wander what dmc was thinking to not even try him out? Another question for dmc, so many of us again have been saying when win games with 442 and attacking (attack best form of defence etc) so how come again it took so long to change his tactics? Lastly why oh why did he keep picking fontaine when today clearly showed we looked a lot more confident and organised bar one error, (i know we conceded 2 however i think the latter was switching off knowing we'd won (which i know is unacceptable as well))

I would like to say we looked alot better today, anderson was the highlight too me which i think shows again how much freedom players can have playing on the left wing when cunningham is behind. Roll on Millwall now and lets drive onwards!

It was 3-5-2 not 4-4-2 Foster was left wingback and Anderson seemed to have a free roll. It worked well though, Anderson kept finding space and they couldn't mark him.

I don't believe it will lead to a fight, perhaps after a 4 year search the injury that put Skuse out and directly led to us signing Danns has unwittingly given him the partner that might actually bring the best out of him and lead to him being far more consistent and push on to the next level and unlock the undoubted potential that has stagnated.

I'd agree that Skuse needs the right sort of player(s) alongside him to get the best out of him, and I thought the same about Danns being the right type. Today, though, I thought Danns was pretty ordinary. He was sometimes the outlet for Skuse, but there were lots of players making themselves available, which has often not been the case this season. Stead, Baldock, Foster and Anderson in particular moved around and came looking for the ball, so that Skuse could concentrate on what he's always done well - winning the ball and making a simple pass to one of his team mates - although the through ball to Baldock for the first goal was a bit better than that.

I'd agree that Skuse needs the right sort of player(s) alongside him to get the best out of him, and I thought the same about Danns being the right type. Today, though, I thought Danns was pretty ordinary. He was sometimes the outlet for Skuse, but there were lots of players making themselves available, which has often not been the case this season. Stead, Baldock, Foster and Anderson in particular moved around and came looking for the ball, so that Skuse could concentrate on what he's always done well - winning the ball and making a simple pass to one of his team mates - although the through ball to Baldock for the first goal was a bit better than that.

Danns was pretty dreadful in the first half. He was slow and uncoordinated. I don't know if he'd been on the old ganja, but at any rate by the second half a more dynamic, hustling and bustling and opportunistic Danns re-emerged.

Archived