IGNORED

Lansdowns Half Time Speech

KeepUpLino

What he ment to say was " Its been a hard year for ME and my ever open wallet, and when i shut that wallet and leave you bloody losers, your going to crash and burn."

"I cant wait to move into the new north Bristol stadium with my rugby team. People booing me today just confirms i've wasted too much time and money here, and its time i moved on. I wont call the loans in for a few seasons and wish you all the best without me."

"I wont be pursuing the Ashton Vale stadium bid now as i can see no point in pouring more of MY money down a bottom less pit".

What he ment to say was " Its been a hard year for ME and my ever open wallet, and when i shut that wallet and leave you bloody losers, your going to crash and burn."

"I cant wait to move into the new north Bristol stadium with my rugby team. People booing me today just confirms i've wasted too much time and money here, and its time i moved on. I wont call the loans in for a few seasons and wish you all the best without me."

"I wont be pursuing the Ashton Vale stadium bid now as i can see no point in pouring more of MY money down a bottom less pit".

God bless the learned for they shall lead :dancer2:

Or ......................"Im sick of these million pound scratch cards (BCFC(see earlier post) now lets move on to something more exciting (Bristol Rugby)" but "lets keep the local newsagent (fans/SHEEP) happy with a a rousing speech at half time(when I pop down to get my paper before I shop at Tesco at get everything in one place)". :icecream:

Bristol City was here long before Steve Lansdown and will be here long after he's gone, who knows where we would be without him, but it's impossible to tell, what we do know is that.

He's chairmanship, created repeated record breaking losses for the club and has created over £40m of debt, he's got us into the financial mess the club is in, so it's only right he gets us out of it.

Bristol City Football Club is OUR football club, not Steve Lansdown FC, not (and hopefully never Jon Lansdown FC) no one man is bigger than the club.

Bristol City was here long before Steve Lansdown and will be here long after he's gone, who knows where we would be without him, but it's impossible to tell, what we do know is that.

He's chairmanship, created repeated record breaking losses for the club and has created over £40m of debt, he's got us into the financial mess the club is in, so it's only right he gets us out of it.

Bristol City Football Club is OUR football club, not Steve Lansdown FC, not (and hopefully never Jon Lansdown FC) no one man is bigger than the club.

Read yer post and do an edit, not a dig, just a reality check !

There will always be some moaning no matter what he does or doesn't do. Can't please everyone.

Personally I think it was sound and pleasing to hear though nothing I didn't already believe. Right thing to do in our current position.

Most of the fans around me at the game seemed to think the same.

Well Mr TrueBrit without SL pumping almost 50 million into the club I support I think at best we would be a league 1 club (just look at the gas, plotless). Perhaps you would like to repay him and take over and see where you take us, (administration probably) or have you not got the money? Perhaps like the rest of your co workers at the council who sit around doing sod all instead of accumulating wealth like SL you should think yourself lucky in having him as a chairman instead of Mandaric or Bates. In other words PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

TRUEBRITT66 - We've only ran up debts that he has underwritten, I bet your the first person moaning when we dont sign better players than we already have! what would you rather he did, run the club on a budget that an 13k average gate would sustain, ie league one standard players?? We have a local man, that backs his managers, isn't afraid to put himself out to be shot down, and trys to keep stability rather than knee jerk decisions, and some people critisize him!! haha quite unbelievable. Stick with it Steve, everyone I speak to down the ground is in full support of you, not like some of the muppets on this gash forum.

Not going to comment on the "speech" as I wasn't there today, but I'm sick of this love in with the man.

Lets get something straight he has so much money BCFC and his losses are like "us normal people" popping down the shops and buying a scratch card, if we loose ahh well just a drop in the ocean if we win, bargain five more scratch cards and a chance to make more.

Ashton Vale will not make us a brilliant club, but will make SL a fortune if it works out, if it don't he can sale it on for a profit.

Come on people, if he loved Bristol and the club that much he'd pay a bit extra in tax and live here not skin out to his millionaire lifestyle and pop back once in a blue moon to con you mugs.

Happy New Year and yes I'm jealous as hell.

Clueless.

This club is crying out for leadership from top to bottom. And when something like it comes, from Steve L at half time at Ashton Gate, I don't think anyone needs third hand comments from TRUEBRIT66. And third hand is probably giving them credit.

That is funny! :worship2:

This was seriously needed. I dont see why he could not return as Chairman with Webex etc being what they are!

I certainly reccomend it as the actual Chairman has really said NOTHING and this was HIS job!

Why should he return as chairman?

The guy has made a lifestyle choice, but remains committed to trying to take the club forward.

There may be many business men who have no life apart from their business, ( you perhaps), or no one they trust to take over the reins.

SL has his son who is clearly on a steep learning curve, if it works out there may well be a Lansdown dynasty at Bristol City for many years to come.

We need the guys money because the money that comes through the turnstiles and from sponsorship isn't enough to support the club financially, it's as simple as that.

SL's speech cheered me up at half time, he certainly re-affirmed his commitment to the club - I thought he might be tiring of it what with the team's perfomances and problems with the new stadium etc.. It's a pity there's nobody on the Board with his communications skills, we could do with more regular updates of how things are going from that level.

Eighteen months on from his departure to tax-free pastures the Faithful continued to mourn his passing and were feeling neglected - and the Doubters began to find voice!

But it came to pass that He took to the park with microphone in hand and again preached his sermon of Hope and rekindled the Dream of the Promised Land - and the People were once again pacified and content with their lot.

Praise be to the Minted One!

Many asked for Him (or someone else) to speak to us in reassurance - He did just that and hence it is only fitting that Many welcomed Him and were duly reassured - all is good with the World.

Did anyone else notice that he said:

"I have had some setbacks .... no sorry We have had some setbacks .. with the new stadium ..."

A Freudian Slip or simply a slip of the tongue? - I wonder

Good old Steve, takes a microphone, speels some hyperbole into it, and takes people in again, hook line and sinker. Never mind what has gone on beforehand, you're great Steve, now we can tow the party line for the next 4 years while the club falls apart.

Way to go Steve, your calling really should have been a Shepard, not a football club owner

Jon Lansdown isn't chairman, Keith Dawe is.

This highlights perfectly the issue raised in the other thread about the communication gap between the club and the fans. Half of us don't even know who the chairman is... that's not a dig at any fan in particular btw - it's a sad fact that sevres to illustrate the disconnect.

And I whole heartedly agree that jon or keith should have spoken at half time. I mean, it's great to see and hear from steve again, but it kind of fuels the growing concerns that our board are inept, incompetent and invisible.

Archived