IGNORED

Lansdowns Half Time Speech

KeepUpLino

Mr L basically said that we have had a tough year - but he remains passionate about the Club and he is as deterined as ever to bring success to the Club

To me it signalled that he's not going to sack the Manager AND he's going to open his wallet for more players

Fair play to him - he didnt need to come out and do it

Shows the guy has class

He said something roughly along the lines of:

I wanted to come out and speak on boxing day but couldn't because of the postponing of the match. It's been a hard year for everyone at the club, and we're trying our best to put things right. I appreciate everyone's support and I hope that those of you have come today will be back for the next game. As you can see we've shown real signs of improvement in the second half, I'm confident, the board is confident that we can make this club a success. I've heard people talking about the fact I don't live here any more, let me tell you my heart is still in this club and I do get to as many games as possible, although not as much as I perhaps used to. I can promise you that this club will be a success, not because of me, but because of YOU, the supporters. Thank you and happy new year everyone.

Mr L basically said that we have had a tough year - but he remains passionate about the Club and he is as deterined as ever to bring success to the Club

To me it signalled that he's not going to sack the Manager AND he's going to open his wallet for more players

Fair play to him - he didnt need to come out and do it

Shows the guy has class

Indeed.

Shame he stood down as Chairman. It was an understandable decision though and no-one can blame a man for wanting more time for other things.

and under his breath did he say "and thank god Derek has finally dropped Fontaine"!

That is funny! :worship2:

This was seriously needed. I dont see why he could not return as Chairman with Webex etc being what they are!

I certainly reccomend it as the actual Chairman has really said NOTHING and this was HIS job!

He said something roughly along the lines of:

I wanted to come out and speak on boxing day but couldn't because of the postponing of the match. It's been a hard year for everyone at the club, and we're trying our best to put things right. I appreciate everyone's support and I hope that those of you have come today will be back for the next game. As you can see we've shown real signs of improvement in the second half, I'm confident, the board is confident that we can make this club a success. I've heard people talking about the fact I don't live here any more, let me tell you my heart is still in this club and I do get to as many games as possible, although not as much as I perhaps used to. I can promise you that this club will be a success, not because of me, but because of YOU, the supporters. Thank you and happy new year everyone.

An excellent summary. He also said he was always happy to speak to people about anything and if we saw him about please stop and have a chat. He said there has been set backs with the new stadium but rest assured that it will happen. I can't remember his exact words as well as the JammyOne's post but that was the message. Basically to keep the faith.

And if that was an owner about to sack their manager then he missed out on an acting career.

A much needed vote of confidence I think.

Pretty tacky I thought personally !

Not going to comment on the "speech" as I wasn't there today, but I'm sick of this love in with the man.

Lets get something straight he has so much money BCFC and his losses are like "us normal people" popping down the shops and buying a scratch card, if we loose ahh well just a drop in the ocean if we win, bargain five more scratch cards and a chance to make more.

Ashton Vale will not make us a brilliant club, but will make SL a fortune if it works out, if it don't he can sale it on for a profit.

Come on people, if he loved Bristol and the club that much he'd pay a bit extra in tax and live here not skin out to his millionaire lifestyle and pop back once in a blue moon to con you mugs.

Happy New Year and yes I'm jealous as hell.

Not going to comment on the "speech" as I wasn't there today, but I'm sick of this love in with the man.

Lets get something straight he has so much money BCFC and his losses are like "us normal people" popping down the shops and buying a scratch card, if we loose ahh well just a drop in the ocean if we win, bargain five more scratch cards and a chance to make more.

Ashton Vale will not make us a brilliant club, but will make SL a fortune if it works out, if it don't he can sale it on for a profit.

Come on people, if he loved Bristol and the club that much he'd pay a bit extra in tax and live here not skin out to his millionaire lifestyle and pop back once in a blue moon to con you mugs.

Unbelievable post, if it wasn't for Lansdown it is very nlikely we'd be enjoying a sixth season of Championship football. Just look at the farcical situations at the likes of Pompey, Blackburn, Coventry etc etc and then be relieved we have Steve Lansdown.

Finally, Steve still attends a lot of fixtures, probably more than you!

Yawn, how boring.

Unbelievable post, if it wasn't for Lansdown it is very nlikely we'd be enjoying a sixth season of Championship football. Just look at the farcical situations at the likes of Pompey, Blackburn, Coventry etc etc and then be relieved we have Steve Lansdown.

Finally, Steve still attends a lot of fixtures, probably more than you!

Probably ..............but hes a millionaire and can afford it, I cant, so you carry on sucking up his bull and paying good money to watch utter tripe.

And the clubs you mention are all still their and so are the fans regardless of the crappy owners.

You get it yet ?

Thought Jon Lansdown , as the current chairman, should have been the person out on the pitch making the speech ! Perfect opportunity to raise his profile with the fans and to show some leadership - something we have yet to see from him...

Agree ...................or here's a thought both of them on the pitch showing unity.

Perhaps the free champers in the central heated platinum suite kept him tucked away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thought Jon Lansdown , as the current chairman, should have been the person out on the pitch making the speech ! Perfect opportunity to raise his profile with the fans and to show some leadership - something we have yet to see from him...

Jon Lansdown isn't chairman, Keith Dawe is.

Archived