IGNORED

Fans Already Believe We Are Going Down?

shaunbcfc94

After 24 games we are apparently resigned to getting relegated, we still have 22 games to play and the beauty of the Championship is that anything can happen, we are not down yet and we are starting to pick up points, today we played well but the result did'nt mirror our performance, we should have had atleast 6 against a sub-par Peterborough team, if we can continue playing like we did today, with the fans behind the team, there is no reason why we can't stay up. In reality it is not as bad as people make out, we are 22nd with a game in hand, Sheffield Wednesday are only 3 points ahead and there are 10 points between us and 14th, as long as we pick up points others will drop points. Always believe. COYR!!

After 24 games we are apparently resigned to getting relegated, we still have 22 games to play and the beauty of the Championship is that anything can happen, we are not down yet and we are starting to pick up points, today we played well but the result did'nt mirror our performance, we should have had atleast 6 against a sub-par Peterborough team, if we can continue playing like we did today, with the fans behind the team, there is no reason why we can't stay up. In reality it is not as bad as people make out, we are 22nd with a game in hand, Sheffield Wednesday are only 3 points ahead and there are 10 points between us and 14th, as long as we pick up points others will drop points. Always believe. COYR!!

+1 coyr

People seem to forget to easily and just look negativly, the last few seasons we have escaped relagation and if anything our all round team has got better year after year(maybe not so much defensivily). We can turn this around. COYR

Very well put, look at Ipswich they've gone a small good run and it has seen them go above Wednesday and Birmingham and level with Charlton 8 points clear. If we can go on a small run like that it should make things easier for us, but by no means safe. Think Birmingham could easily get pulled into the relegation dog fight as well.

Very well put, look at Ipswich they've gone a small good run and it has seen them go above Wednesday and Birmingham and level with Charlton 8 points clear. If we can go on a small run like that it should make things easier for us, but by no means safe. Think Birmingham could easily get pulled into the relegation dog fight as well.

Precisely, a few wins and a couple of draws could be all thats needed, but we need to focus on whats happening at our club, rather than worry about what's going on around us, if we go on a run it will put pressure on the others and they will drop points.

I certainly don't think we're doomed but I do believe it's essential our players remember we're in a relegation fight. I can't help feeling the Wolves debacle at least partially came from players relaxing a bit because of our improved performances in the previous two games and we struggled to build on the Wednesday result too.

If the players keep fighting and don't erroneously assume we're safe then I reckon we've got a chance to end January 7 to 10 points better off and maybe in the fifth round of the FA cup. But if we let the slightest bit of complacency set in we could equally find ourselves adrift...

Our position is not good but it's far from definitely doomed. Firstly the bottom half of the table is tight, we're far from adrift. Secondly, starting today we had a LOT of home six pointers in the 2nd half of the season with sides either in or on the fringes of the relegation scrap for whom one or two bad results could send them back into it again. In no particular order:

Peterborough (H) W

To come:

Barnsley (H)

Sheff Wed (H)

Birmingham (H)

Ipswich (H)

Bolton (H)

Huddersfield (H)

Bolton are hit and miss, Brum too, Ipswich seem to be turning it round but still down there and Huddersfield winless in 9 are falling steadily. We could well accumulate fair few pts from that if we play well.

Although I'm not a McInnes true believer,my festive season posts have been consistently upbeat about our prospects.

Other than Louis, we have no significant injuries and McInnes appears to at last realised that a wing back system papers over the fact that we don't have a commanding midfield.

We aren't going to set the world alight this season, but we do have a reasonable chance of avoiding the drop because - as I've always believed - give or take a centre back and maybe a central midfielder - we have the players to do so.

All this, "they don't have the passion" and "they don't care for the club" stuff is cobblers. They have as much pasion and commitment as players at any other Championship club. Footballers are, generally speaking, birds of very little brain. They need to be told exactly what to do.

If they are played out of position, if they are dropped after playing well, if they are put in a baffling formation, if they aren't inspired in any way by the manager, if they aren't constantly reminded by coaches how to defend set pieces - then on-field performances suffer and they look poorer than they are.

While it is a reasonable possibility we will be relegated, particularly as McInnes is gonna stay in his job, I do think we aren't one of the worst 3 sides in the division and we may - and we deserve - to survive.

Although I'm not a McInnes true believer,my festive season posts have been consistently upbeat about our prospects.

Other than Louis, we have no significant injuries and McInnes appears to at last realised that a wing back system papers over the fact that we don't have a commanding midfield.

We aren't going to set the world alight this season, but we do have a reasonable chance of avoiding the drop because - as I've always believed - give or take a centre back and maybe a central midfielder - we have the players to do so.

All this, "they don't have the passion" and "they don't care for the club" stuff is cobblers. They have as much pasion and commitment as players at any other Championship club. Footballers are, generally speaking, birds of very little brain. They need to be told exactly what to do.

If they are played out of position, if they are dropped after playing well, if they are put in a baffling formation, if they aren't inspired in any way by the manager, if they aren't constantly reminded by coaches how to defend set pieces - then on-field performances suffer and they look poorer than they are.

While it is a reasonable possibility we will be relegated, particularly as McInnes is gonna stay in his job, I do think we aren't one of the worst 3 sides in the division and we may - and we deserve - to survive.

Never say that, no club deserves anything, other wise 90% of the fl would be in the prem cos they 'deserve' it. We need to find 3 clubs worse than us, posh are 1, barnsley probably another. Got to find 1 more, so lets go looking for them higher up the table. coyr

I love how reactionary our fans are. Yesterday we got a result, so now everything is good again and if we beat Millwall some clown will start talking about the play offs.

The fact is we played against one of the worst teams in the division yesterday and while we could and should have scored 5 or 6, we also conceded two against a team that pretty much played the whole game with ten men. Now while i am happy with the points, we cant just think that everything is good when we have not had a clean sheet all season and could not again yesterday.

I think we need to stop all the bloody points scoring and petty arguing on here, when we get a result one way or another.

The bottom line is, we are as it stands in deep shit and only three wins at home this season shows this. Now if we can turn it around then great but lets not get carried away by one result.

I love how reactionary our fans are. Yesterday we got a result, so now everything is good again and if we beat Millwall some clown will start talking about the play offs.

The fact is we played against one of the worst teams in the division yesterday and while we could and should have scored 5 or 6, we also conceded two against a team that pretty much played the whole game with ten men. Now while i am happy with the points, we cant just think that everything is good when we have not had a clean sheet all season and could not again yesterday.

I think we need to stop all the bloody points scoring and petty arguing on here, when we get a result one way or another.

The bottom line is we are as it stands in deep shit and only three wins at home a season shows this. Now if we can turn it around then great but lets not get carried away by one result.

Very well put BS3_Red.

Whilst its nice to leave AG having won a game and scored 4 goals the reality is that one decent win is not enough. City do need to go a run and average two points a game over the next 10 games to have a chance of staying up. Any less and we are facing the Johnson Paint Trophy next season.

The bottom line is, we are as it stands in deep shit and only three wins at home this season shows this. Now if we can turn it around then great but lets not get carried away by one result.

Not everyones getting carried away, yes we got a result yesterday against a 10 man team, but there is still alot of work to be done and we have a long way to go, we need to give the team a bit more credit than we beat the worst team in the division and conceded 2, bare in mind peterbourough beat cardiff 2-1, then bolton 5-4 and wolves 3-0.

Never say that, no club deserves anything, other wise 90% of the fl would be in the prem cos they 'deserve' it. We need to find 3 clubs worse than us, posh are 1, barnsley probably another. Got to find 1 more, so lets go looking for them higher up the table. coyr

Fair enough. Poor choice of words by me. I hope we'll see Peterborough, Barnsley and one of the teams that are plummeting down the table now, below us at the end. I don't think it'll be Wednesday and I think Ipswich are heading for an above halfway finish IMO.

As others have said, we can't get too carried away by a two-goal victory against 10-men. The last 10 minutes- when we just sat back in our half and invited that little diving **** Gale to find the all too obvious gaps through our Subbuteo-style static players - shows that the old weaknesses are still there.

But the whole point of the thread is the 'reactionary' nature of those fans who have been posting on here (for a few weeks now) that we are 'bound' to be relegated, that League 1 next year is 'inevitable'. Every year we get posters who surrender before Christmas. I think all the OP is saying is that we are not down yet, that nothing is inevitable so let's stop saying so.

We're Bristol City, we USED to believe

Fair enough. Poor choice of words by me. I hope we'll see Peterborough, Barnsley and one of the teams that are plummeting down the table now, below us at the end. I don't think it'll be Wednesday and I think Ipswich are heading for an above halfway finish IMO.

As others have said, we can't get too carried away by a two-goal victory against 10-men. The last 10 minutes- when we just sat back in our half and invited that little diving **** Gale to find the all too obvious gaps through our Subbuteo-style static players - shows that the old weaknesses are still there.

We always seem to sit back after scoring 4, never seem to try and press and keep them in their half.

I have believed all year and still believe that we will stay up just like I did last year! With the strike force we have we should be higher up the league but I think thats what will keep us away from relegation and we will hopefully sort out defence in summer because in January I can't see us getting many players because not many players want to come to a club in the relegation zone. Despite this I think our present squad is good enough to stay up!

But the whole point of the thread is the 'reactionary' nature of those fans who have been posting on here (for a few weeks now) that we are 'bound' to be relegated, that League 1 next year is 'inevitable'. Every year we get posters who surrender before Christmas. I think all the OP is saying is that we are not down yet, that nothing is inevitable so let's stop saying so.

We're Bristol City, we USED to believe

Exactly what i am saying, we need fans to believe in the team instead of giving up when thinks look bad, nothing is set in stone yet.

Exactly what i am saying, we need fans to believe in the team instead of giving up when thinks look bad, nothing is set in stone yet.

If we continue our form our the last 7 games (3W-1D-3L) over the next 22 games to give 9W 3D 10D say = 30 points to give a 52 point total, and we pick up all points v Barnsley, Sheff W and Ipswich (all at home?), and lose only to teams we won't realistically catch (sorry, will have to include Cardiff here!), then we may have a chance.

That's a bit ananlytic! so lets just say a 12 match winning streak (excluding Posh game) should also see us safe.

Well I'm not sure which way I think the hammer will fall in may, yet.

Admittedly, I had been coming to the conclusion of late that we were doomed(more an acceptance rather than a firm belief - a defence mechanism, if you will), but right now I can see a glimmer of light at the end of tunnel. It is natural as a fan to have your confidence swelled and deflated with each passing victory or defeat. But we do seem to over do it at city. There have been more false dawns and corners turned than I care to remember...

Yesterday, we soundly beat the worst team in the division, who had ten men for the majority of the game. Not alot to shout about, but 3 pints we absolutely couldn't have done without. It alarmed me that they managed to equalise, and also that they were able to outplay us at the end and score again.

It tells me a better team would've beaten us.

My biggest concern is that the relegation battle is cut adrift and mid table is too distant to seem obtainable. It would take a huge effort to get clear and/or bring other teams into it. If course ultimately it is in our own hands but the fewer teams involved, the more likely it is that our fate may be decided by bad luck, a dodgy decision, or goal difference. In short it might become a bit of a lottery.

Well I'm not sure which way I think the hammer will fall in may, yet.

Admittedly, I had been coming to the conclusion of late that we were doomed(more an acceptance rather than a firm belief - a defence mechanism, if you will), but right now I can see a glimmer of light at the end of tunnel. It is natural as a fan to have your confidence swelled and deflated with each passing victory or defeat. But we do seem to over do it at city. There have been more false dawns and corners turned than I care to remember...

Yesterday, we soundly beat the worst team in the division, who had ten men for the majority of the game. Not alot to shout about, but 3 pints we absolutely couldn't have done without. It alarmed me that they managed to equalise, and also that they were able to outplay us at the end and score again.

It tells me a better team would've beaten us.

My biggest concern is that the relegation battle is cut adrift and mid table is too distant to seem obtainable. It would take a huge effort to get clear and/or bring other teams into it. If course ultimately it is in our own hands but the fewer teams involved, the more likely it is that our fate may be decided by bad luck, a dodgy decision, or goal difference. In short it might become a bit of a lottery.

You only had three pints?! I was in such a good mood afterwards I had eight (and a whisky chaser)! :drunk2:

Agree with your post BTW.

yeah we played one of the worst teams that outplayed and beat the runaway leaders of the division at their manor,scored five against a team that were in the premier last term and totally destroyed another oufit away that were top flight last season too and recently totally outclassed us at ag

give us some credit for fs

I don't think you understand this post, it's not saying were fine it's saying fans are looking negativly to early. I think despite the result of the match this post would of still been made and by no means says were safe but also were not down yet.

Ipswich away 1 point and yesterdays win shows that we are back in buisness. Ok Posh were 10 man but we scored 4. If we can go on like this we will make it. Millwall away think we have a good chance to take 1 or 3 points. Think it was good for City not to play vs Watford on wednesday, they are in a really good form. Lot of work has still to be done But I think that the 2 latest results give us some hope. If we are starting winning at the gate we will avoid relegation. COYR!

I don't think you understand this post, it's not saying were fine it's saying fans are looking negativly to early. I think despite the result of the match this post would of still been made and by no means says were safe but also were not

down yet.

Absolutely. Some on this forum appear petrified of positivity. And yet those same people believe their negativity translates into support...

Archived