IGNORED

Ball Boys

Guest bigjayharv

Guest bigjayharv

Where were all the ball boys today ??????

The club released all the reliable lads and today proved why they were valuable to the club. Well done city yet anouther bad decision!

I thought the same today. Find it really annoying having to wait for the ball to be fetched either by a player or some slow moving steward. When that was coupled with the ref today who insisted in having umpteen 'quiet words' with players, it made a great game drag at times.

On top of that, one of the few ballboys that were there (in the corner by the away fans) seemed to have a reluctance to leave the comfort of his seat at any point.

I know kids that would give parts of their body to be a ball boy. On top of that there are the flag bearers - I am sure they would be very happy to be positioned around the perimeter of the pitch for the game and help the players.

I was ball boy for a couple of games when I was a lot younger and loved it. Being down there by the team and the dugouts was great and there should be kids queuing up to do it. Didn't get paid or anything but I was seeing the game for free but they'd give me a comped ticket for my Dad too which was decent.

No idea why there weren't (m)any there yesterday though. Seems strange.

I was ball boy for a couple of games when I was a lot younger and loved it. Being down there by the team and the dugouts was great and there should be kids queuing up to do it. Didn't get paid or anything but I was seeing the game for free but they'd give me a comped ticket for my Dad too which was decent.

No idea why there weren't (m)any there yesterday though. Seems strange.

Indoors playing on their games consoles I reckon :)

Nothing to do with not being interested or anything like that. The regular ball boys of the last few seasons were all callously dumped at the end of last season without so much as a thank you.

reason given was that due to the shake up and reorg the academy lads would do it to give them "match day experience". trouble is I dont think they want to do it!

Where were all the ball boys today ??????

The club released all the reliable lads and today proved why they were valuable to the club. Well done city yet anouther bad decision!

Nothing to do with not being interested or anything like that. The regular ball boys of the last few seasons were all callously dumped at the end of last season without so much as a thank you.

reason given was that due to the shake up and reorg the academy lads would do it to give them "match day experience". trouble is I dont think they want to do it!

I think the ref went with the single ball option as opposed to the multi ball, adding on time for 'out of play' accordingly.

Got any evidence to support your accusation Frenchred? Got your 4 quid back yet?

bring back the ballboys !! another pr gaffe by the club dumping the ballboys who do it for free and will have memories that will last a lifetime and who regularly turn up at the gate as opposed to the academy lads who dont want to do it and dont turn up joe was not happy saturday. re advertise in the post , programme etc and actually promote the scheme if its full up keep names on a waiting list . the club talk about involving the community ,then when become involved just dump them !!

I think the ref went with the single ball option as opposed to the multi ball, adding on time for 'out of play' accordingly.

Got any evidence to support your accusation Frenchred? Got your 4 quid back yet?

What evidence would you like apart from the fact that my lad (and BigJayHarv's boy) were 2 of them that were discarded?

I have sent an e-mail and had a very nice reply from Kevin Smith apologising and as such asked for it to be donated to charity

What evidence would you like apart from the fact that my lad (and BigJayHarv's boy) were 2 of them that were discarded?

I have sent an e-mail and had a very nice reply from Kevin Smith apologising and as such asked for it to be donated to charity

I'll take your word for it that the boys weren't thanked for their efforts, which I think is very poor on the clubs part.

Any chance you could cut and paste the reply from Kevin Smith on the thread about your ticket problem, just to keep things on an even keel.

Well done on donating what is your money to charity by the way, perhaps the club could make a similar gesture.

I'll take your word for it that the boys weren't thanked for their efforts, which I think is very poor on the clubs part.

Any chance you could cut and paste the reply from Kevin Smith on the thread about your ticket problem, just to keep things on an even keel.

Well done on donating what is your money to charity by the way, perhaps the club could make a similar gesture.

Prefer to keep it personal if its all the same, some other stuff was also mentioned that should remain private. I did thank him for his response it was much appreciated

Combining this thread with that about bad Refs, I found this snippet from 92-93.

only 9,515 attended the next home game when Southend, now coached by former City manager Bob Houghton, broke City’s unbeaten record with Benjamin scoring the only goal in the 75th. minute. This was the third time so far that season an opponent had appeared to be offside and yet had been allowed to score. Referee Vic Callow also ordered off an 11 year old ball boy after an incident with a Southend player. The lad was led away in tears by a policeman!

Guest bigjayharv

Guest bigjayharv

Redpaul I think you will find that the multi ball was dropped almost two seasons ago! So the need for ball boys who are reliable and trustworthy would seem to be a valuable asset to the club. However the club just brushed them away like a peice of dirt on there shoe!

Archived