IGNORED

Worst Ref You've Seen Down At The Gate?

BUTOR

That really was a shocking refereeing performance yesterday at The Gate, many noticable decisions that I considered to be very poor, probably the worst performance from a ref I've seen in quite some time at Ashton Gate... So what is the worst refereeing performance you have ever seen at The Gate? I remember last year against Blackpool, the ref just would not stop breaking the game up, time after time. The guy in front of me just got so angry with him he stood up and left, and we were 1-0 up!

Referee was terrible kept giving peterborough everything, suprised he gave the red card and a penalty to us, an improvement on last season, but scared to show another card to a peterborough player after sending tomlin off, happened when we played them away aswell, tackle on cunningham should have been a red, another dirty tackle got away with a yellow and gave a soft penalty in the last few minutes.

Gotta be honest I completely disagree that he was a terrible ref. He tried to keep the game flowing, got all of the big calls spot on (red card, pens, yellow for Heaton) and I felt was generally unnoticed, which is ideal for a ref. Thought he was one of the better ones we've had down there this year. Obviously got the odd decision wrong, but you're never going to get 100% right.

Worst performance would be from someone like "Uncle Les" Shapter, Vic Callow or Gurnam Singh. Three of the worst refs ever to grace the football field.

Referee was terrible kept giving peterborough everything, suprised he gave the red card and a penalty to us, an improvement on last season, but scared to show another card to a peterborough player after sending tomlin off, happened when we played them away aswell, tackle on cunningham should have been a red, another dirty tackle got away with a yellow and gave a soft penalty in the last few minutes.

I don't think he was biased. Maybe a few tackles could have been clamped down on a bit nearer the end but I'm sure our players ham it up a bit for effect.

There have been much dirtier sides here this season getting away with much more cynical play. Leeds for example. Who was ref for that game?

I don't think he was biased. Maybe a few tackles could have been clamped down on a bit nearer the end but I'm sure our players ham it up a bit for effect.

There have been much dirtier sides here this season getting away with much more cynical play. Leeds for example. Who was ref for that game?

I didn't mean he was biased or terrible just that a couple of tackles deserved a yellow and weren't given, and he gave a couple their way which could have been ours, he certainly wasn't the worst we've had.

Must admit I came away thinking he was probably the best and probably the most UNKNOWN ref we have had at the Gate this season. Referee'd sensibly and took time to consider decisions. Excellent performance in my book.

As for worst one name sends shivers down mine every time I see his name crop up on one of our games - James Linnington. TRULY AWFUL.

I really do laugh at some of you lot on here and at comments from fans during the game, I'm afraid most of you listen too much to Sir Alex and the rest of the premiership cretins.

My boy referees so I tend to take a closer view of refereeing performances and decisions and I have to say that they are right 99.9% of time.

Next time you berate the ref just give yourself an extra second before you open your gob and you will probably realise he is right.

Mark Halsey who refereed cardiff v millwall yesterday was a breath of fresh air. allowed play to proceed when he could and wasn't whistle happy.

That's Premier League refs for you, much, much better than the usual Championship refs, and you can tell that just from their performance usually. Oddly enough the 3 times that City had a Premier League ref this season, we've won all 3 of those games.

As to yesterday's ref, I thought apart from a few dodgy decisions he was decent, and as someone said above, he got the big calls right.

Toseland from Kettering (now retired I'm happy to say).

If you saw his name in the programme you knew we'd lose. Oddly enough gas heads said the same, so presumably he was biassed against both Bristol teams. He always favoured away teams with any 50-50 decision. AFAIK he only reffed one City away game and we won that.

He was definitely inconsistent with his cards. Booked Skuse and Baldock for honest and softer challenges than their players. They could have had a second red yesterday aswel.

baldock was a clear yellow, but there was an equally blatant attempt to stop a player from breaking by one of them which went without a card. then a near identical tackle to the one skuse got booked for and no foul given and the ref pointed at the ball, yet their player actually went through the back whereas skuse went more from the side.

at the end when peterborough got nasty he did nothing when it was clear that they were just being dirty.

also why no booking for our penalty, no different to heatons in that it was a heavy touch away from goal and brought down with no intention of actually fouling.

I thought it was a refereeing performance riddled with inconsistencies

Good first half. Poor second. Skuse decision was just wrong. Superb tackle - gets a yellow. That just after a wreckless late challenge by a posh player had gone completely unpunished.

The decision to call it a foul wrong, book him correct the position he was in and what could of come from it deserved a yellow, because he blew up he had to card him.

I thought he was good yesterday but he kept stopping us taking quick free kicks as he wanted to speek to the players. Overall he got the crucial decisions correct

Must admit I came away thinking he was probably the best and probably the most UNKNOWN ref we have had at the Gate this season. Referee'd sensibly and took time to consider decisions. Excellent performance in my book.

As for worst one name sends shivers down mine every time I see his name crop up on one of our games - James Linnington. TRULY AWFUL.

Completely agree with these 2 paragraphs. Linnington did us for Middlesbrough home last year and was absolute tripe

Archived