IGNORED

2012 Highlight For You

Super

Coventry and Barnsley (Skuse stepped up a level that day in my book) at home, being on the pitch again, Sat just gone, really enjoyed SLs speach as I share his passion.

The Queen, The Olympics (Wiggo, Ennis especially), Bond, Sags propping up the league, Beating India away, Andy Murray - hard to top all that but next year we will.

Happy New Year to you all. Have a great night.

Anyone remember Nobles goal in the play off away to palace? thats got to be the best ive ever felt watching city ever, i wish i could bottle that feeling up and use it as a drug! amazing day.

There's a few moments that still evoke the hair raising emotions in me.

* Citys League Cup semi final against Tottenham.

* Whiteheads goal against Portsmouth on that balmy Spring Tuesday evening.

* Garlands brace against Champions, and soon to be crowned Kings of Europe, Liverpool.

* That Thursday evening trip to Coventry; 0-1, 0-2, 1-2 and then 2-2 UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE.

* The slide down the leagues and almost into oblivion.

* Our Sunday afternoon trip to Northampton Towns County Ground, and witnessing a 1-7 horror show, and how Terry Cooper shielded his charges from the fall out.

* Our trip to Hereford over Christmas; when we were the leagues 92nd club. Winning there, which was the launch pad for the phoenix to rise again.

* The short trip to Eastville to witness Ritchie and Hirst put the blue few back in their place (1-0 down, 2-1 up, we knocked Rovers out the cup)

* The Mayday trip to Chester, when Trevor Morgans late winner secured promotion and sent the majority of the crowd delirious.

* Derby day at Ashton Gate in our first season back in Division 3...... Kenny Stroud set us on our way to a 3-0 thumping of our poor relations.

* Joe Jordan...and his inspired appointment as Manager.

* Colin Gordons play off clinching goal against Doncaster.

* The two legged Semi Final against Sheffield United, and being applauded out of Sheffield by Wednesdayites.

* Bradford City away in the Littlewoods Cup. Scoring in the first minute, and defending for what felt like a decade.

* Two games against Nottingham Forest, coming within the width of a post from knocking them out.

* Promotion under Jordan. Probably the best footballing side I have watched.

* Louis Donowas last minute header to beat Rovers in the first derby back in the second tier.

The list just goes on......................

* Beating Liverpool at Anfield.

* The Hartlepool play-off saga and THOSE TWO GOALS................

* Brighton, and defeat at the Millenium Stadium.

* Nobles brace in our promotion clinching game against Rotherham.

* Carey and Noble, and then Trundle and McIndoes goals against Palace in the Play-Offs

Added to this the three trips to Wembley in the Leyland Daf, Auto Windscreens whatever guise it may have been.

Great memories, and no doubt I've left out other moments, but I have to admit that at 51, old age doesn't come alone.

Happy New Year to all.

Archived