IGNORED

So Are We Any Good

leadman

7 points out of 12 on the road.

good results against 2 inform teams,posh and ips.

millwall could be a pivital game.

If we go with the same team bar Foster due to injury and keep the same shape we will win! we must be brimming with confidence at the minute after our first home win in four months! Millwall will not know whats hit them.

It has if McTinkerman doesnt p1ss about with the only workable formation we can possibly use effectively. Extra numbers in defence, extra in middle of midfield and two up front!!!

Works perfectly for the current squad. Q the 442 with powderpuff kilkenny in the middle and the same old mistakes made all over again!!!

It has if McTinkerman doesnt p1ss about with the only workable formation we can possibly use effectively. Extra numbers in defence, extra in middle of midfield and two up front!!!

Works perfectly for the current squad. Q the 442 with powderpuff kilkenny in the middle and the same old mistakes made all over again!!!

McInnes can't resist tinkering with the formation. He says he likes to set up to counter the opposition strengths but that has the disadvantage of weakening our own strengths.

I'd like to see Bryan in for the injured Foster as the only change in personnel and to start with the same formation as against Posh. One thing is for sure if he did that is that he'd take Millwall completely by surprise.

Millwall aint 10 man Peterborough.

I'd expect him to be a bit more cautious for this game, not too defensive but just a bit more cautious. Thats entirely understandable.

Why? Surely attack is the best form of defense. Why sit back and invite the opposition on to us? City should be quick out the blocks as they were on Saturday. After all City are far stronger in attack than in defense.

Pretty simular for ipswich away i would of thought. Cant just keep the same team and formation every game cos it was effective against one poor all be it inform outfit. Different games does require slightly different thinking some times. Cant believe how one dimensional some on here are. I am as fed up as the last man with wholesale changes game to game but you also do have to adjust slightly here and there. Consider henderson and keogh against an out of position GC who made the mistake for goal no one and lack of pace and the fragileness of mcmanas and bates, mistake for goal number two agaibst posh. Thats two examples just with the defence off the top of my head.

Dont want whole sale changes but lets not kid ourselves about being able to go into every different game with the same team and formation. As far as im concerned,only the very best can be arrogant enough to let the opposition worry about them regardless and guess what my red freinds, we aint the very best by a long way.

Can we afford to start with two lightweights, Anderson & Baldock, v the physical challenge of Millwall ?

Yes, if you want to get the ball down and play! it worked for Swansea when they were told playing midgets would never work in a physically demanding Championship, and of course the likes of Barcelona and Arsenal on a larger scale! If Millwall want to play with oafs then we can play with midgets and technical ability.

Anderson and Baldock have to play. Both worked so hard against Pboro they deserve to start. Baldock's finishing was dire but with a run of games to find his form he'll be fine. Anderson was all of the place when we attacked, offering options on both wings.

Yes, if you want to get the ball down and play! it worked for Swansea when they were told playing midgets would never work in a physically demanding Championship, and of course the likes of Barcelona and Arsenal on a larger scale! If Millwall want to play with oafs then we can play with midgets and technical ability.

More years ago than I care to think about, I remember Clive Whitehead taking the fearsome Harry Cripps apart with skill and pace.

McInnes can't resist tinkering with the formation. He says he likes to set up to counter the opposition strengths but that has the disadvantage of weakening our own strengths.

I'd like to see Bryan in for the injured Foster as the only change in personnel and to start with the same formation as against Posh. One thing is for sure if he did that is that he'd take Millwall completely by surprise.

You do a disservice to our friends from London.

Since I can remember, clubs have always sent "Scouts" to watch their upcoming opponents, and no doubt Millwall had representatives at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

I will be pretty certain that Millwall will be ready and prepared for whatever City do...... I just hope we start as well as we did against Peterborough and impose ourselves on the game from the very first whistle.

Every time I read "we've turned a corner" I honestly worry, the reason being almost every time I read that we get thumped for the next 4-5 games. I honestly don't feel we've turned a corner until we strengthen and look like a confident team, or at least a determined one.

You do a disservice to our friends from London.

Since I can remember, clubs have always sent "Scouts" to watch their upcoming opponents, and no doubt Millwall had representatives at Ashton Gate on Saturday.

I will be pretty certain that Millwall will be ready and prepared for whatever City do...... I just hope we start as well as we did against Peterborough and impose ourselves on the game from the very first whistle.

Of course Millwall would have scouts at AG against Posh. It would have been unprofessional not to have done so.

Point being - Millwall wouldn't expect City to adopt the same attacking formation at the Den as they did at AG on Saturday.....especially as they'll be aware of McInnes's tendency to change things every game.

In response to the OP, my answer is NO - most definitely!

I would view Saturday's result in the same vein as the Middlesborough result or the Owls result - a flash in the pan...

Let's face it - regardless of Posh's "current form", they were bottom of the league for a reason - same as us. Yet, even playing with 10 men they still managed to put two goals past us!

As usual, on this forum, you get the optimisitic and hopeful comments about a revival.

Sadly, in my opinion, we've solved none of our problems and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were brought back to earth with a mauling at Millwall.

McInnes is past his sell-by date and needs to go and while he stays we'll be wasting an opportunity to strengthen in the transfer window because, believe me, McInnes will fail in bringing in anybody who can make a difference.

With McInnes in charge, I still can't see us staying up.

I would view Saturday's result in the same vein as the Middlesborough result or the Owls result - a flash in the pan...

Let's face it - regardless of Posh's "current form", they were bottom of the league for a reason - same as us. Yet, even playing with 10 men they still managed to put two goals past us!

As usual, on this forum, you get the optimisitic and hopeful comments about a revival.

Sadly, in my opinion, we've solved none of our problems and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we were brought back to earth with a mauling at Millwall.

McInnes is past his sell-by date and needs to go and while he stays we'll be wasting an opportunity to strengthen in the transfer window because, believe me, McInnes will fail in bringing in anybody who can make a difference.

I'll bring you back to this post after the game!

This.

Of course Millwall would have scouts at AG against Posh. It would have been unprofessional not to have done so.

Point being - Millwall wouldn't expect City to adopt the same attacking formation at the Den as they did at AG on Saturday.....especially as they'll be aware of McInnes's tendency to change things every game.

Why not?

We went to Middlesbrough and put three past them, and also put three past Sheffield Wednesday. According to reports, we also took the game to Ipswich for long periods, earning praise from Mick McCarthy in the process.

I agree that Mr McInnes tends to make changes, but lets hope we're taken by complete surprise when he names the same side (bar Foster of course)

I'll bring you back to this post after the game!

Please do - and will you also 'highlight' my post if I'm right?

Regardless of the Millwall result, the problem is with the team, not form, and while we may get the odd result here and there, the team remains poor and in need of strengthening.

Archived