IGNORED

Rugby Rent

bs3

There is a strong possibility that Bristol Rugby will be at Ashton Gate this year. But do anyone know the rent they pay to the Gas every season . A well informed gas head told me that they only pay around £4000 a season.

It don't seem a lot to me but if SL can save money to relocate the Rugby club to Ashton Gate surley it's the right move.

There is a strong possibility that Bristol Rugby will be at Ashton Gate this year. But do anyone know the rent they pay to the Gas every season . A well informed gas head told me that they only pay around £4000 a season.

It don't seem a lot to me but if SL can save money to relocate the Rugby club to Ashton Gate surley it's the right move.

Well, I'll tell you one thing free, gratis and for nothing. Rugby fans will not put up with the current disgusting catering :yawn:

It was the main criticism of the Gate by rugger buggers when they went there for an international, and they won't accept it on a fortnightly basis.

There would be increased costs associated with rugby moving to Ashton Gate. The pitch would have to be re-laid with a modern grass combination that could cope with rugby and football and routine maintenance would increase. If the increase in revenue City get from all sources associated with Bristol Rugby playing at Ashton Gate is greater than the increase in costs it makes sense.

Other grounds share rugby and football and it seems to work without the pitch problem the Gas have so I expect it to happen with City.

If the gas go down this season, perhaps the landlord & tennant situation at the Mem could be reversed.

Rugby get their ground back.

City's pitch would not be churned up by being home to two clubs.

Having sold and then rented back Eastville in the 50s, then 30 years on renting Twerton, the gas will resume their usual position.

can,t see the rugby moving to the gate as there is a rule about new clubs joining the prem league can,t share a ground

But the rule isn't there to stop the likes of Bristol.

The memorial ground meets all the criteria,so a move to Ashton Gate isn't trying to "bend" the rules if you get my drift.

Didn't London Welsh effectively challenge this and thus render it irrelevent?
Yes they did but their argument was they are building their own ground and won the appeal on that basis. Cornish pirates who lost the play off would not be allowed if they had won as the ground is not to standard

Archived