IGNORED

Same Topic, Different Angle.

Jordan Tansley

Millens signings = Stead £200k, Pitman £800k, Wooly Circa £500k, Bolasie £24k Taylor £300k and then the loan signings of Rose, Caulker, Mcgivern, Spence, and I've probably missed a few too.

You can hardly say Millen had nothing to spend, especially when you consider that he didn't sell anyone like Del has.

Taylor was £150k, Pitman £550k and Woolford £350k so Millen didn't have quite as much as you think.

Certainly the outlay for Baldock, Davies and Cunningham is comparable.

You sure about Pitman? Because I seem to remember Blackpool having a bid of £800k accepted and we matched it and offered him a tad more money!

I fully supported the appt of Del.

Very highly thought of up here.

And he did eventually pull us to survival.

Then the first few weeks of the season we looked as if the now ' Del squad ' would make a real go of it this campaign.

But we're back where we were and looking at another Del escape act.

If Del keeps us up, what changes for next season..?

The fans are losing patience and I see no light. Del has probably reached the maximum of his managerial capabilities.

And it saddens me to say that..

For the moment, McInnes has to stay, but on the following proviso's:

1. During the transfer window he needs to pull out all the stops to get in the players that he needs. He reckons he can't play 4-4-2 because we don't have the players, he reckons we can't play two up front because we don't have the players - well, he obviously reckons he knows where the weaknesses are, so I'd suggest he's got one month to rectify this, or be vilified.

2. He needs to get his best team/formation together and stop farting around. Do we see other teams chop and change theirs so much? I don't think so. We need to get the team knowing each others game inside and out, so they all know their jobs and responsibilities - the more he tinkers, the more confused the thick-shit players become.

If McInnes doesn't look to address these issues, then he's only got himself to blame when everyone loses confidence in him.

As the OP said - it's either, stick with McInnes, change for a nasty Colin type or a sweet football SOD type.

Isn't there an option for the board to sit Del down and say "Oi, this isn't what you said was going to happen. Pick your best formation and stick to it. Pick your best team and stick to it. Stop sending the team out on the pitch frightened of the opposition. Play to our strengths and start to frighten them instead. Just give it all you've got and if it goes wrong at least we have given everything - then you will keep your job.

You sure about Pitman? Because I seem to remember Blackpool having a bid of £800k accepted and we matched it and offered him a tad more money!

The Bournemouth Echo has been saying this was our original fee in their reports on him going back there recently, hence the £60k rumour, which I guess is how much they are paying us plus whatever we still owe them.

Archived