IGNORED

Team Vs Blackburn

And Its Smith

I'm amazed some people think this game doesn't matter. That attitude by fans, management and players in the past is why we never take the cup competitions seriously. Beat Blackburn and next week half of Bristol could be queueing round the block to get tickets for a game against Chelsea or Man Utd. OK a lot of part-timers but I started watching VCity regularly after the fantastic FA Cup game against Leeds in 1974...little did I know that I would see few better performances in nearly 40 years!

The cup also matters because it is one of the few ways we can get some money into the club. Money means we can buy decent players, finance a stadium, all that good stuff. Another two cup games could bring in a few million. OK Blackburn away is a deadly game but let's see the players, management and fans foing for it....I'd hate to be tuning in to the TV and watching Blackburn run out at The Emirates or hosting Man City in the next round 2while we have a dull weekend playing our game in hand against Watford!

I take your point and while it would be great to have a decent cup run for a change , we have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

We are already without Albert for a potential 6 weeks , I would hate to lose another key player through an injury sustained in the cup.

The side I picked a bit further up is the side I'd go with. A couple of young lads who can pick up some valuable experience and the rest of the first team squad getting some minutes under their belts , and hopefully with a point to prove.

It also gives Del a massive tinkering opportunity :whistle2:

Heaton

Wilson

Bates

McManus

Cunningham

Anderson

Skuse

Kilkenny

Woolford

Stead

Baldock

This appears a capable line-up - as long as Kilkenny is pushed forward where he can be his most productive rather than his negative performances when required to play more defensive.

Davies a good sub option - taking into account he may still may be carrying an injury that doesn't allow for 90 minutes.

I don't like the look of this side all too much but am thinking this is what he'll end up with (as long as I've not missed something out):

----------------------------Heaton---------------------------

Foster ----------- Bates ---- Fontaine -- Cunningham

---------------------- Skuse --- Pearson ------------------

---Adomah ---------- Anderson -------------------Bryan

------------------------- Baldock ----------------------------

I don't like the look of this side all too much but am thinking this is what he'll end up with (as long as I've not missed something out):

----------------------------Heaton---------------------------

Foster ----------- Bates ---- Fontaine -- Cunningham

---------------------- Skuse --- Pearson ------------------

---Adomah ---------- Anderson -------------------Bryan

------------------------- Baldock ----------------------------

For a start Albert is away on international duty. I think both Foster & Bryan are injured. (I also believe Carey is doubtful)

I wouldn't have Fontaine anywhere near the team, but like you I expect he'll start.

I think Anderson will start on the right as this is his preferred position.

Heaton -gk

Rb - Edwards

RCD - Bates

LCD - Tangs or J Wilson (Im expectin Fontaine to start)

Lb - Cunningham

Lm - Woolford

Dcm - Skuse

Cm - Elliott

Am - Reid

Rm - Anderson

Cf - Stead

I think he'll go 4-5-1, but I'd like to see Baldock start so that would mean no starting place for Bobby Reid which would be a shame and the central midfield pairing of Skuse & Elliott has proven time and again that it doesnt work!

Archived