IGNORED

Team Vs Blackburn

And Its Smith

I normally find the 'what team would you pick?' threads a tad boring but I think that this Saturday's line-up will be very interesting.

Will Del put out a team to try to win and earn the club more money or focus on resting players and trying to survive relegation.

I'd go for something like this (4-3-1-2)

1. Heaton

2. Edwards

3. Cunningham

4. Wilson (J)

5. McManus

6. Skuse

7. Morris

8. Reid

9. Baldock

10. Davies

11. Anderson (behind front two)

It lacks width which hopefully the full backs can provide with Morris sitting deep. It also partners Wilson with McManus, gives Edwards & Reid a game and also may find an answer to the Adomah ACON problem and the fact we don't have another good winger at the club.

I normally find the 'what team would you pick?' threads a tad boring but I think that this Saturday's line-up will be very interesting.

Will Del put out a team to try to win and earn the club more money or focus on resting players and trying to survive relegation.

I'd go for something like this (4-3-1-2)

1. Heaton

2. Edwards

3. Cunningham

4. Wilson (J)

5. McManus

6. Skuse

7. Morris

8. Reid

9. Baldock

10. Davies

11. Anderson (behind front two)

It lacks width which hopefully the full backs can provide with Morris sitting deep. It also partners Wilson with McManus, gives Edwards & Reid a game and also may find an answer to the Adomah ACON problem and the fact we don't have another good winger at the club.

U had better find another CB as im sure Boro wont let us cup tie McManus!!

.............................................GERKEN.............................................

........................................................................................................

.........................BATES...................,........MCMANUS

EDWARDS..................................................................CUNNINGHAM

........................................................................................................

..................................SKUSE................ELLIOT

ANDERSON.................................................................WOOLFORD

.........................................................................................................

...................................BALDOCK....DAVIES

Heaton needs to be dropped, largely at fault for a lot of the goals we have shipped. Give Gerken a go, can't be any worse.

Give Edwards a go at right back, can't be any worse than Foster or Wilson.

Now that Skuse has found a bit of form, hopefully Elliot can follow and make a decent partnership.

Davies and Baldock.... top scorers. Need an explanation?

Can't see any youngsters getting a go, McInnes will play whatever he thinks his strongest team is to combat the threat of Blackburn.

They scored 4 against us earlier in the season and have scored 6 in their last 2 games.

We have so far lost to 2 teams this season without a manager (Bolton and Burnley) and embarrasingly for us and Del boy it'll be 3 come Saturday night...

Can't afford injuries in what is now a meaningless game given our league position but certain starting XI players also need games so:-

Gerken

J Wilson

Bates

Nyatanga

Edwards

Reid

Skuse

Pearson

Cunningham

Baldock

Davies

Give a few who haven't been getting a game a go. If we get dicked it's no worse than usual (we were dicked yesterday first half and Millwall should have been out of sight ) and at least we haven't got the distraction of the cup. If they pull off an unlikely win then give them a go next round too.

I'd like to see:

Heats

Edwards

Bates

Carey

Cunningham

Anderson

Reid

Skuse

Woolford

Baldock

Davies (or Stead)

I fear, however, he will probably play something along the lines of:

Heats

Wilson (if he's still here)

Bates

Fontaine

Cunningham

Anderson

Skuse

Marv

Woolford

Stead

Baldock

Almost certain he has no choice but to go for 442

I'm amazed some people think this game doesn't matter. That attitude by fans, management and players in the past is why we never take the cup competitions seriously. Beat Blackburn and next week half of Bristol could be queueing round the block to get tickets for a game against Chelsea or Man Utd. OK a lot of part-timers but I started watching VCity regularly after the fantastic FA Cup game against Leeds in 1974...little did I know that I would see few better performances in nearly 40 years!

The cup also matters because it is one of the few ways we can get some money into the club. Money means we can buy decent players, finance a stadium, all that good stuff. Another two cup games could bring in a few million. OK Blackburn away is a deadly game but let's see the players, management and fans foing for it....I'd hate to be tuning in to the TV and watching Blackburn run out at The Emirates or hosting Man City in the next round 2while we have a dull weekend playing our game in hand against Watford!

Archived