IGNORED

Who's This

Craven arms

Looks like mine is winning.

Played in the same BCFC side as John Atyeo in the early 60's, lightening quick winger who could also play centre forward and was a qualified school teacher as was JA, a profession they both took up full time after retiring from football.

Alex Tait.

Ex rangers youth captain, supposed to be next big thing, disappeared into nothingness like most young city players.

I'm assuming you don't mean him but I'm pretty sure Danny Wilson captained the youth team at Rangers while he was there, so if he's not who you meant then two fit that quota! (The reason I assume it's not him is because you stated "disappeared into nothingness" whereas Wilson barely even appeared!

Played in the same BCFC side as John Atyeo in the early 60's, lightening quick winger who could also play centre forward and was a qualified school teacher as was JA, a profession they both took up full time after retiring from football.

Does Derek Virgin also qualify. Believe he was a teacher at Ashton Park School.

Does Derek Virgin also qualify. Believe he was a teacher at Ashton Park School.

2 things come to mind, I went to Bemmy Down and cannot believe there were any virgins at Ashton Park.

and secondly never heard of him.

Quick Google informs Derek Virgin played his final game in April 1961 in the same team as Atyeo and Tait

I'm assuming you don't mean him but I'm pretty sure Danny Wilson captained the youth team at Rangers while he was there, so if he's not who you meant then two fit that quota! (The reason I assume it's not him is because you stated "disappeared into nothingness" whereas Wilson barely even appeared!

Nope not him

Player who went on to be a massive star, signed for BCFC in 1958/59 for the princely sum of 7K and the football league refused to accept his registration, at the time it was described as the biggest scandal in football for years, the player was originally banned for life (later over turned) big front page news.

John Crossan just read the story amazing.

John Crossan just read the story amazing.

People don't realise that our then manager Peter Doherty was considered a genius by many pro's as a player and as coach, he was one of the very first to start changing training methods from endless laps of the pitch to ball skills and exercises and believe me I saw Johnny Crossan play and he was a brilliant player, a legend at Sunderland and Manc and for his international team Northern Ireland, he would have been a legend at BCFC.

Archived