IGNORED

Who's This

Craven arms

People don't realise that our then manager Peter Doherty was considered a genius by many pro's as a player and as coach, he was one of the very first to start changing training methods from endless laps of the pitch to ball skills and exercises and believe me I saw Johnny Crossan play and he was a brilliant player, a legend at Sunderland and Manc and for his international team Northern Ireland, he would have been a legend at BCFC.

EMB this is a massive story, can't believe I havn't come across this before. Just before my time, but even so. Docherty I was aware of but the significance of these events probably reshaped transfers in the coming years.

Thanks for the info.

People don't realise that our then manager Peter Doherty was considered a genius by many pro's as a player and as coach, he was one of the very first to start changing training methods from endless laps of the pitch to ball skills and exercises and believe me I saw Johnny Crossan play and he was a brilliant player, a legend at Sunderland and Manc and for his international team Northern Ireland, he would have been a legend at BCFC.

City always been resistant to any new coaching methods. We de-coach players instead.

how about this:

Q. Mid-fielder fond of putting layers of cornflakes box cardboard in his boots?

Archived