IGNORED

Leighton Baines

Super

Leighton 'Arctic Monkey' Baines is a class act. He's up there with Jan Vertonghen as the best in the league. He offers so much from set peices and links up with Pienaar perfectly going forward. Coles always been decent though.

It's not often you see Ashley Cole being described as "decent", is it?

I prefer my left backs to have set piece ability too - just like Mickey Bell. So, Baines over Cole everytime for me.

Oh, and Mickey Bell is actually the best english left back of all time.

Nah, that will be Martin Scott

Just before my time, sadly...

You missed a rare talent, Martin Scott was one in a long line of really decent left backs who could also attack (remember Russell Bromage, older readers????)

Strong, fast, could cross and as tough as nails, a really top player, could really have gone all the way to the top but for injury (IMHO). Good leader on the pitch as well.

You missed a rare talent, Martin Scott was one in a long line of really decent left backs who could also attack (remember Russell Bromage, older readers????)

Strong, fast, could cross and as tough as nails, a really top player, could really have gone all the way to the top but for injury (IMHO). Good leader on the pitch as well.

Yep, a proper left back, one that could defend properly, which is unusual nowadays, as well as get into dangerous areas and pick a cross. probably the best left back I have seen at city, and we have some good ones to pick from.

Blistering penalty as well

Archived