IGNORED

Pitman Permanent Deal

BCFC Taunton

Actually 3 in 7, 1 pen, 1 free kick so only one from open play.

As for baldock and stead, both need to score more regularly particularly stead but that is a different issue. I have no doubts that Pitman would have fared little better.

DMC is well on the way to making Baldock the new Pitman who in turn was the new Trundle.

Little Nicky had a lucky escape.

BCFC the grave yard of strikers.

DMC is well on the way to making Baldock the new Pitman who in turn was the new Trundle.

Little Nicky had a lucky escape.

BCFC the grave yard of strikers.

Agreed that we seem to turn good strikers into mediocre ones but that isn't a criticism that can only be attributed to del. We've been doing it for years!

Baldocks movement is of a different level to Pitman.

Agreed, but Pitman went on a run of scoring 4 or 5 goals last season which were all 1st touch smashes into the net! Baldock doesnt have that ability.

Also, to the point above, I dont think you can say a free kick is a lesser goal than open play!!

Agreed, but Pitman went on a run of scoring 4 or 5 goals last season which were all 1st touch smashes into the net! Baldock doesnt have that ability.

Also, to the point above, I dont think you can say a free kick is a lesser goal than open play!!

Why can't Baldock do that? He did for Mk DOns and he did it against Blackburn. I think Baldock is a different gravy to pitman tbh......maybe that's why he was at West Ham and Pitman is back to L1

Ain't that the truth, we haven't scored too many in the past 4/5 years have we.

Why can't Baldock do that? He did for Mk DOns and he did it against Blackburn. I think Baldock is a different gravy to pitman tbh......maybe that's why he was at West Ham and Pitman is back to L1

Tell DMC he obviously can't see this, he drops the guy after scoring 2 goals, that's a great way to boost a strikers confidence.

WAS at West Ham, and SOON to be League 1, whilst Pitman could be be CCC!

Shame it aint worked for him here, hes certainly as good as Stead, played in his right position, but he kept going AWOL in games we needed him to stand up and be counted in, so hes got what he wanted back to his old club. Boredmuff fans I know did say he'd come back to them in January window.. got rid of him, now for Fontaine, Elliott, Gerkin, Kilkenny, Stead, Carey & Nyatanga. Plus the dead wood loan signings.

We will be playing against him next season though, and hes bound to score...

I think the difference is Baldock had 3 ChMpionship clubs after him.....where as Pitman clearly didn't.

When we signed him or when West Ham signed him? I don't remember us fighting off hoards of clubs! Pitman had a PL Club after him when we signed him, all of these points are in the past and not hugely relevant to who is better, or more importantly whether or not we misused him in his time here.

When we signed him or when West Ham signed him? I don't remember us fighting off hoards of clubs! Pitman had a PL Club after him when we signed him, all of these points are in the past and not hugely relevant to who is better, or more importantly whether or not we misused him in his time here.

Charlton and Sheff wed we're interested but not able to meet the 1.5 million fee.....something we could due to Nicky Maynard right off.

pitman is over rated lazy player who will rarely feature at this level he will always be around league 1 at the top,

Bladock is 3 times the player he is and doesn't sulk, he works hard for the team and can set other players up for a start Pitman only ever played for himself

Thats why he's gone I'm suprised we actually got money for him

If hes so great, why is he moving to Borenmuff?

I recall reading some time ago that his G/F was missing life on the south coast, perhaps he was as well.

Sometimes players are satisfied to be at a club which suits them and not necessarily chasing the big wages. He's from Jersey so maybe he's happier at Bournemouth?

Le Tissier, another Chanel Islander, spent his career at Southampton. Not that BP is anywhere near the player Le Tissier was.

I rated BP, but he's gone. Plus he hasn't messed the club around at all (probably the contrary), so good luck to him.

pitman is over rated lazy player who will rarely feature at this level he will always be around league 1 at the top,

Bladock is 3 times the player he is and doesn't sulk, he works hard for the team and can set other players up for a start Pitman only ever played for himself

Thats why he's gone I'm suprised we actually got money for him

Can we just put to bed this sulky, bad attitude Pitman myth.

There is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever that he 'sulks' or is any way disruptive in the changing room. In fact, the manager has stated on more than one occasion that when Brett wasn't being selected, he had a professional attitude and worked hard to try to win his place back.

More to the point, he has proved that he can score 13 goals in one Championship season. That's more than Baldock, Davies or Taylor can say. Steady netted 13 for Ipswich once, but that was back in 2008/9.

Can we just put to bed this sulky, bad attitude Pitman myth.

There is absolutely zero evidence whatsoever that he 'sulks' or is any way disruptive in the changing room. In fact, the manager has stated on more than one occasion that when Brett wasn't being selected, he had a professional attitude and worked hard to try to win his place back.

More to the point, he has proved that he can score 13 goals in one Championship season. That's more than Baldock, Davies or Taylor can say. Steady netted 13 for Ipswich once, but that was back in 2008/9.

With respect there is plenty of evidence for it, I've seen it on the pitch at AG with my own eyes. Flapping his arms and stomping his feet if anyone else dare try take a set piece, lying on the floor for close to 2 minutes after taking a dive that the ref wasn't conned by despite us chasing the game and needing all hands on deck.

Baldock already has 9 and it's the start of January, He's on target to net just shy of 20.

With respect there is plenty of evidence for it, I've seen it on the pitch at AG with my own eyes. Flapping his arms and stomping his feet if anyone else dare try take a set piece, lying on the floor for close to 2 minutes after taking a dive that the ref wasn't conned by despite us chasing the game and needing all hands on deck.

Baldock already has 9 and it's the start of January, He's on target to net just shy of 20.

So you think he's disruptive on the basis of perceived body language? He just has a sort of frowny miserable-looking face. He has that look in official team portraits. And I'd say wanting to take set pieces - which he's pretty bloody good at - is a sign of keeness to contribute to the team cause, rather than of petulance.

No, it's a myth, Jordan. Negated, indeed, by both Millen and McInnes's praise for his professional attitude.

In terms of him as a player, I'm not trying to argue he is 'better' than Baldock. Merely pointing out that he was our only striker to have scored 13 Championship goals recently. That was a response to the dunderheads who were calling him "a league one player at best".

In terms of him as a player, I'm not trying to argue he is 'better' than Baldock. Merely pointing out that he was our only striker to have scored 13 Championship goals recently. That was a response to the dunderheads who were calling him "a league one player at best".

I suspect I was one of those dunderheads, and I stand by my comments. Someone on a Bournemouth fans site commented: 'Pitman rarely plays a good game. He just scores goals.' and I think that sums him up. Its a difficult call, but I do think that even for a striker there is more than just scoring goals. Scoring 13 in a season is good, but does it compensate for the fact that he did very little else? He strikes me as the sort of player that you have to build the entire team around, with the other players making up for his shortcomings, but if he isn't doing much else then he needs to be capable of scoring far more than 13 goals in a season. I'm struggling to think of a player like him who has been successful in the top two divisions, but I'm happy to concede if someone can think of one.

Archived