IGNORED

Milan Players Walk Off After Racist Abuse

Aizoon

I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle here but any they have the MOBO & black lawyers as they are ethnic minority.

Putting white in front of those things wouldn't be plausible as Britain is of white origin and white people are not a minority. It is a way of celebrating or protecting their cultural roots.

But surely their bringing up their roots just goes back to slavery doesn't it? Or is there a cut off point.

It's pick and choose how it's interpreted in my opinion, and the race card is played all too often too easily when there is no racism at all - maybe this is why a lot of people do not agree with certain "claims" of racism. If a white person gets a severe hiding by ethnic minorities how many times is it reported as racist? Flip that scenario around and the first line of the story is "racist thugs beat so and so of ethnic origin...........

The convicted Asian gang(s) raping and abusing young underage white girls still would not be reported as a race attack, as anybody who reports and writes it as such would be lambasted by other Asians, reporters, lib dems etc - yet it's obviously a "race" thing. Nobody can say a word against these minorities in the UK as we have become the softest nation in the world. We cannot even kick out people who hold up placards saying "kill all whites" or even have them charged severely when they burn a poppy in a street, go and hold a protest slating muslims and you will be locked up.

In 20 years time when the whites are minorities, I would like to see the MOWOS and White Lawyers Association set up - more chance of us winning the Champions League in 2014.

Yes it is worse. Racially abusing someone is entrenched in years of suffering and extreme repression. People who suffer from having a big nose or ginger hair are not haunted by hundreds of years of slavery and being thought of as second class citizens,.

People forget that the racial equality movement was not that long ago. Martin Luther King and Malcom X didn't fight for the freedom of their people so someone could compare their plight to having different coloured hair or being fat.

Very well said.

this.

it's disgusting that racism still happens in football but it's no different to being ripped for hair colour, cock size or sexual preference. as for the comment that people experiencing racism are haunted by hundreds of years worth of abuse/ingrained suppression, behave, the majority of people in this country couldn't tell you what their great grandfathers did for a living, whether black or white or pink etc etc. it's an easy sob story that makes the left wing media and liberal soft core of this country react.

No? Many will be able to tell you that there great grandparent was a slave though. Of the many black people I know from either African or Carribean backgrounds I'd say they actually place far more importance on heritage and family than many white British people such as myself and I'm guessing from your post you.

The racial card is the easiest thing to play in many countries imo. I do not tolerate racism but it just seems any player/manager can claim it and that's that. Away from football though:

Why is ok to have the MOBO awards?

Why is it ok to have the Black Lawyers Association?

Change those names from black to white and there is no way that they would be allowed due to racism - seems a bit one way to me doesn't it?

It's completely different. Music Of Black Origin doesn't mean only black people, it means that particular culture/style of music such as rnb or hip-hop for example. When the MOBO's were introduced there were only really awards for Rock music and other traditionally British cultures so this was to represent what at that time was a lesser genre. It is perhaps less relevant now as the top 40 is filled with music of black origin but originally those awards were brought in to represent a minority. Music of white origin was represented by all other music award shows at that time!

Very well said.

No? Many will be able to tell you that there great grandparent was a slave though. Of the many black people I know from either African or Carribean backgrounds I'd say they actually place far more importance on heritage and family than many white British people such as myself and I'm guessing from your post you.

It's completely different. Music Of Black Origin doesn't mean only black people, it means that particular culture/style of music such as rnb or hip-hop for example. When the MOBO's were introduced there were only really awards for Rock music and other traditionally British cultures so this was to represent what at that time was a lesser genre. It is perhaps less relevant now as the top 40 is filled with music of black origin but originally those awards were brought in to represent a minority. Music of white origin was represented by all other music award shows at that time!

I pass you the baton Phil. Good Luck.

Very well said.

you guess wrong, i have done my family history with the help of older elatives but didn't have a clue until i started researching it. why would you say, from your knowledge that they place far more importance on family heritage?

so music of black origin doesn't mean only black people but music of white origin means all other music? i forgot when music was invented....

I meant I guess you're a White Brit not that you didn't know your family history. I should've made that clearer in my post and that's my mistake.

My point was that for my age group at least, (I'm 20), in terms of traditional music/food/family traditions and history my black friends seem more aware and even more interested in their history/culture than my white peers. Now this is of course a small sample and could purely be coincidence but I believe your comment that many wouldn't know what their grandparents did is perhaps hasty.

Music Of Black Origin is exactly that, the MOBO's represents these genres. A black rock band would not be represented at the MOBO's as rock music is music of white origin, likewise white artists such as Plan B and Professor Green could be represented at the MOBO's because their music is of black origin. These awards are to highlight these origins, as when these awards began (I believe it was the early to mid nineties) some felt that music of black origin was not represented particularly well at awards shows. Does that make sense to you?

i believe you either have decently educated friends or you're making this up for arguements sake.

What reason would I possibly have to make it up? Of the 5 lads I live with the two most clued in to their family history are a British born lad of Caribbean background and a British born lad from a predominantly Jewish background. This of course could well be because being in the country my heritage is based I am immersed in my culture, whereas those from other backgrounds may still seek those elements from theirs (such as specific foods for example) as a way of feeling more in touch with their past. It makes sense when you think about it.

Music Of Black Origin is exactly that, the MOBO's represents these genres. A black rock band would not be represented at the MOBO's as rock music is music of white origin, likewise white artists such as Plan B and Professor Green could be represented at the MOBO's because their music is of black origin. These awards are to highlight these origins, as when these awards began (I believe it was the early to mid nineties) some felt that music of black origin was not represented particularly well at awards shows. Does that make sense to you?

it certainly does, lets rename it then. say, music founded by the slave trade? music found by a repressed people? why name it black? it's pathetic.

(awaiting the replies.... "so's your arguement etc)

What reason would I possibly have to make it up? Of the 5 lads I live with the two most clued in to their family history are a British born lad of Caribbean background and a British born lad from a predominantly Jewish background. This of course could well be because being in the country my heritage is based I am immersed in my culture, whereas those from other backgrounds may still seek those elements from theirs (such as specific foods for example) as a way of feeling more in touch with their past. It makes sense when you think about it.

it certainly does make sense and i'm not knocking it. i'm failing to see your argument tho. if people feel abused when in a certain country yet they "hang on", "don't think of it or embrace it as their counrty" then how can they complain/why should they complain? the world is big enough (well, getting to breaching point) for everyone, i wouldn't go to... for instance china and moan if they called me white shite, i'd accept it because i would be there to try and beter myself/family and i'd only be there because i couldn't do that in my own country. it's not a difficult concept.

it certainly does, lets rename it then. say, music founded by the slave trade? music found by a repressed people? why name it black? it's pathetic.

(awaiting the replies.... "so's your arguement etc)

What do you mean music founded in the slave trade? That's historically inaccurate. Hip-Hop music was founded in the post-soul movement following the decline in good spirits within many African-American communities after the initial good feeling of the civil rights movement. That is not a music born in the slave trade, but it is music of black origin. It's not pathetic at all and it really isn't hard to contemplate.

What do you mean music founded in the slave trade? That's historically inaccurate. Hip-Hop music was founded in the post-soul movement following the decline in good spirits within many African-American communities after the initial good feeling of the civil rights movement. That is not a music born in the slave trade, but it is music of black origin. It's not pathetic at all and it really isn't hard to contemplate.

i believe if you look closer into the subject that you will find it became popular during those times but "soul" "motown" etc all originated from blues which itself came about decades before in what we now commonly know as the slave trade (or, when shit got done).

it certainly does make sense and i'm not knocking it. i'm failing to see your argument tho. if people feel abused when in a certain country yet they "hang on", "don't think of it or embrace it as their counrty" then how can they complain/why should they complain? the world is big enough (well, getting to breaching point) for everyone, i wouldn't go to... for instance china and moan if they called me white shite, i'd accept it because i would be there to try and beter myself/family and i'd only be there because i couldn't do that in my own country. it's not a difficult concept.

The only statement I disagreed with was yours that many wouldn't know what their great grandfather did. I haven't said anything about them complaining or not complaining. What do you mean in your own country? This is the country of birth of many black people? Besides, we pride ourselves as a country of equal opportunity and should pride ourselves on that. Comparisons to other more racist countries are irrelevant. We are not racist by definition and should aspire to remove racism whenever actively possible. Comments suggesting people should just get on with it are absurd.

I agree that sometimes the race card can be pulled too easily (often by those not directly affected I might add) and there is nothing worse than the false allegations of racism when it is not present, the Mark Clattenberg fiasco being a prime example. However equally that does not mean that real sources of racism can be passed off as "political correctness gone mad" or "lefty bullshit" or what other nonsense others want to come out with.

i believe if you look closer into the subject that you will find it became popular during those times but "soul" "motown" etc all originated from blues which itself came about decades before in what we now commonly know as the slave trade (or, when shit got done).

Believe me I know a lot about this subject. I quoted Hip-Hop which was born in the 1970's during the era which I described. Therefore not all musics of black origin came directly from the slave trade, did they? That was my point. Yes Blues came from long, long ago but Blues is not the only category recognised at the Mobo's...hence why it's Music Of Black Origin not Music Of Slave Origin.

(Ignoring the obvious in that you wouldn't name an awards show the latter anyway for reasons of common sense.)

Believe me I know a lot about this subject. I quoted Hip-Hop which was born in the 1970's during the era which I described. Therefore not all musics of black origin came directly from the slave trade, did they? That was my point. Yes Blues came from long, long ago but Blues is not the only category recognised at the Mobo's...hence why it's Music Of Black Origin not Music Of Slave Origin.

(Ignoring the obvious in that you wouldn't name an awards show the latter anyway for reasons of common sense.)

which decade did hip hop come in?

you've been reading too much wikipedia young man. or listening to your housemates and their great family knowledge........

Music Of Black Origin is exactly that, the MOBO's represents these genres. A black rock band would not be represented at the MOBO's as rock music is music of white origin,

Rock music is as much of black origin as white. See Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley for example.

Blues is called blues for a reason - indigo plants on plantations I think.

White people have won MOBOs though - Amy Winehouse IIRC.

I thought hip hop was more a way of life that included djing rapping graffiti etc, rap was the actual music of the hip hop movement

it's our britain. we'll both carry on fighting for different things, one day we'll see a result, either way, i win, i stay, you win, i go and will fight again.

(i betther win, because scotland's cold)

I literally have no idea what that means.

which decade did hip hop come in?

you've been reading too much wikipedia young man. or listening to your housemates and their great family knowledge........

1970's, although it's origins come from toasting which is an African tradition that involves speaking over music into a microphone. When exactly did you think it came in?

No, believe me I haven't. Not only is it the music that I have listened to for the last 10 years of my life it is also something which I have studied in great detail and is even relevant to the degree I'm studying. So my background on the topic goes slightly further than wikipedia and the opinions of friends.

Rock music is as much of black origin as white. See Chuck Berry or Bo Diddley for example.

Blues is called blues for a reason - indigo plants on plantations I think.

White people have won MOBOs though - Amy Winehouse IIRC.

Yes I did make the point that white people can, and have, won MOBO's. People such as Chuck Berry certainly were defining Rock n Roll artists but I was referring more to Heavy Metal and other genres attributed with Britain as a nation. I think it's safe to say Heavy Metal is a music of white origin! Rock n Roll certainly has roots in Blues and people like Elvis Presley certainly have a heavy black influence on their music.

I thought hip hop was more a way of life that included djing rapping graffiti etc, rap was the actual music of the hip hop movement

Yes Hip-Hop is the four elements of MCing, Graffiti, B-Boying (break dancing) and DJing. I was referring to Hip-Hop music.

quote name="mrknight13" post="1693882" timestamp="1357251150"]I think my final point on the subject will be that you must remember that only 2% of the entire population in Britain is Black so not getting swallowed up in white culture is an important thing to them and standing up to racial abuse is important if we are going to kick it out of society. There definitely is xenophobia about the changing face of Britain but we can't let that manifest itself in racial hate. Politicians should be the focus of hate.

quote name="mrknight13" post="1693882" timestamp="1357251150"]I think my final point on the subject will be that you must remember that only 2% of the entire population in Britain is Black so not getting swallowed up in white culture is an important thing to them and standing up to racial abuse is important if we are going to kick it out of society.

There definitely is xenophobia about the changing face of Britain but we can't let that manifest itself in racial hate.

Politicians should be the focus of hate.

We should also remember less than 50% of Englands capital City, London, is whites, hence in the capital, whites are the minority. Is England REALLY racist?

I also agree that there is no chance we could have a society of white lawyers. Herbert is also an attention seeker, and has little interest in racial equality, in my opinion.

I live in London and have done for many years and the multiculturalism is very evident and I love it. However, whites are only the minority if you lump every other ethnicity together.

I don't think that England is inherently racist and the majority of people are decent.

Once again I completely agree.

Yes it is worse. Racially abusing someone is entrenched in years of suffering and extreme repression. People who suffer from having a big nose or ginger hair are not haunted by hundreds of years of slavery and being thought of as second class citizens,.

People forget that the racial equality movement was not that long ago. Martin Luther King and Malcom X didn't fight for the freedom of their people so someone could compare their plight to having different coloured hair or being fat.

Exactly, well said sir

Archived