IGNORED

Just An Idea For The Board

Danny P

How about dropping the pay on the day prices for the rest of the season? I'm a season ticket holder but I for one wouldn't care if the prices were dropped to fill the ground and get atmosphere in there. Empty seats everywhere must delight the opposition players!

I think you may be in the minority with that one.

Although I am all for lower ticket prices to make it more affordable for fans, but I'm against letting the freeloaders (who don't actually support the club) in for free, whilst the loyal season ticket holders have already paid for their seat.

I have a season ticket, I think it's a great idea. I think tehre are a lot of people who actually support the club and increase the atmosphere but simply can't afford to go at the moment.

But I also think that if we did it, existing season ticket holders should get an equivalent amount off next season's ticket - between £50 and £100 each.

I have a season ticket, I think it's a great idea. I think tehre are a lot of people who actually support the club and increase the atmosphere but simply can't afford to go at the moment.

But I also think that if we did it, existing season ticket holders should get an equivalent amount off next season's ticket - between £50 and £100 each.

That's why I'm all for affordable ticket prices. How can we expect to improve our club, if there is no revenue?

Its not the prices thats keeping people away at the moment.

I think it part of the reason. Casual fans are far more likely not pay higher prices, £28 for example with the crap we've been exposed to over the last 3 seasons. I wouldn't pay it if I wasn't a ST holder.

If on the other hand City were at the other end of the table and winning most home games then parting with £28 isn't such a wrench. At least you know you'll be entertained.

I've never understood that with 5k and 9k vacant seats most home games why the club don't simply make every match £20 for potd across the board quid a kid for the under 11's and a fiver for under 16's. Its simple and straightforward and would probably tempt more casual fans through the turnstiles.

I think it part of the reason. Casual fans are far more likely not pay higher prices, £28 for example with the crap we've been exposed to over the last 3 seasons. I wouldn't pay it if I wasn't a ST holder.

If on the other hand City were at the other end of the table and winning most home games then parting with £28 isn't such a wrench. At least you know you'll be entertained.

I've never understood that with 5k and 9k vacant seats most home games why the club don't simply make every match £20 for potd across the board quid a kid for the under 11's and a fiver for under 16's. Its simple and straightforward and would probably tempt more casual fans through the turnstiles.

Problem with this is that the season ticket price becomes less attractive. I have an Atyeo s/t but its only good value against potd if I attend most matches. Very few of the S/T holders I know actually get to every home game.

I think it's a good idea to drop prices to fill the stadium but some season ticket holders might get upset, we're the ones who are supposed to get a discount so it'd be a bit tough if we didn't get that discount for the rest of the season. 50-50 with this one.

Personally I'm a season ticket holder for 1) conveneince, 2) I get the same seat with people I've known for years, 3) priority for cup and play off tickets (I know!). A bit of discount to recognise the fact that I'm paying up front is welcome, but to be honest the difference betwen POTD and ST prices is now ridiculous.

BTW: if we managed to attract more POTD then maybe ST prices won't have to go up quite so much - mind you, if we did get loads more POTD then the ticket offfice couldn't cope anyway!

Its not the prices thats keeping people away at the moment.

It is.

I'd love to come to every game (despite the performances) but the cost per game is a lot and it isn't feasible when there are other areas of life to take priority. Myself and my Dad were ST holders a few years ago when adult tickets were a little cheaper and I was still on U-16 and then student prices but those situations have changed.

A half season ticket in the Atyeo (my usual area) is £209 for 11 games. It's a lot when I'm looking to save money for a house and things. Sports and events are the only "entertainment" that costs so much for less than two hours. But the thing with events like concerts are they're a one off, people will make that outlay because a £25 ticket to see one concert is fine. They wouldn't go to one 23 times a year so it's not a problem. I'm going to a comic book convention next month and it's £25 for the whole two days. 15 hours for £25 or 90 minutes of Bristol City vs. Leicester for the same cost. Only one choice. Value for money always helps with the overall experience and enjoyment. I enjoy something that little bit more when I know I got it on the cheap, that doesn't happen at this club.

The club is failing as a business so empty seats should be sold off at a cut price to make more money, supermarkets do it every day with stock nearing sell by dates. Yes season ticket holders have paid up front for a better deal and if we were doing better the ground would be fuller but the fact remains were not and it isn't so something has to be done. Any season ticket holder that is against this is biting off their nose to spite their face IMO as its the best thing for the club at the present time and the future. An extra 6.000 paying a tenner is better than empty seats earning nothing, even giving them to kids is a better option than having a half empty ground!

It's all about value for money some of the games iv'e seen this season i would have felt robbed even if i had only paid £5 to get in.On the other hand if we were playing entertaining flowing football we would pack the ground irrespective of price.

Im sorry but at £28 a ticket I don't think we would in the current financial climate, it's far too expensive to potd.

part of the issue is that "casual" fans (or whatever you wish to call those who don't go to every home game as a generic whole) don't all live in Bristol or even close. If you live 100 plus miles away it is a very expensive business all round. Many who lack proximity to Ashton Gate also tend to go to more away games for geographical/work/other reasons and season tickets are not value (when rarely used). It is a dilema and some more thought on pricing would be welcomed by many.

It is.

I'd love to come to every game (despite the performances) but the cost per game is a lot and it isn't feasible when there are other areas of life to take priority. Myself and my Dad were ST holders a few years ago when adult tickets were a little cheaper and I was still on U-16 and then student prices but those situations have changed.

A half season ticket in the Atyeo (my usual area) is £209 for 11 games. It's a lot when I'm looking to save money for a house and things. Sports and events are the only "entertainment" that costs so much for less than two hours. But the thing with events like concerts are they're a one off, people will make that outlay because a £25 ticket to see one concert is fine. They wouldn't go to one 23 times a year so it's not a problem. I'm going to a comic book convention next month and it's £25 for the whole two days. 15 hours for £25 or 90 minutes of Bristol City vs. Leicester for the same cost. Only one choice. Value for money always helps with the overall experience and enjoyment. I enjoy something that little bit more when I know I got it on the cheap, that doesn't happen at this club.

Another problem is not many people can come to every game as many work Saturdays just as i used to working in a Supermarket. luckily for footballing reasons i managed to get a Monday-Friday office job.

I think you may be in the minority with that one. Although I am all for lower ticket prices to make it more affordable for fans, but I'm against letting the freeloaders (who don't actually support the club) in for free, whilst the loyal season ticket holders have already paid for their seat.
So your only a real supporter if you have a season ticket right? Bollocks! What about those of us that live 180 miles away so a ST isn't cost effective yet still make as many games as we can, probably more away games than most, and probably create more atmosphere and vocal support than 75% of ST holders?

part of the issue is that "casual" fans (or whatever you wish to call those who don't go to every home game as a generic whole) don't all live in Bristol or even close. If you live 100 plus miles away it is a very expensive business all round. Many who lack proximity to Ashton Gate also tend to go to more away games for geographical/work/other reasons and season tickets are not value (when rarely used). It is a dilema and some more thought on pricing would be welcomed by many.
Spot on. I rarely know in advance if I can make a home game, so with POTD prices as they are it's an expensive day out!

Uliijjkig

Personally I'm a season ticket holder for 1) conveneince, 2) I get the same seat with people I've known for years, 3) priority for cup and play off tickets (I know!). A bit of discount to recognise the fact that I'm paying up front is welcome, but to be honest the difference betwen POTD and ST prices is now ridiculous.

BTW: if we managed to attract more POTD then maybe ST prices won't have to go up quite so much - mind you, if we did get loads more POTD then the ticket offfice couldn't cope anyway!

I thought the point being made was about the current financial climate.

It was but it's all relative, there is no value for money here whereas at stoke they win games and get to watch world class players. If prices were say a tenner potd and then somehow something given back to us season ticket holders then people might be more willing to go to footy for something to do on a Saturday afternoon and not just sit at home or get dragged around the shops by their women. I've already said that this wouldn't be a problem if we were doing well but at the moment all we hear about is the debt we're in and there is something we can do about it. Am I the only one who feels a little bit depressed when that first whistle goes and look around at all the empty seats?!

I agree in part with the OP that dropping the POTD prices for a few crucial games and getting the Gate packed would be beneficial for the club - both in terms of a morale booster for the players on the pitch and it would actually bring in revenue from all those empty seats.

It worked last season, and we are in nearly as dire peril now as we were then.

I'm a ST holder as well, and I'm relaxed about it.

I want us to attract 'casual fans'. I'm not interested in boasting about how I'm a 'real fan' because I've supported us all my life and been to many hundreds of games.

Eventually I'd like to see a system where everyone has a "Bristol City Account".

You buy your ticket / season ticket for a maximum price, and if over a certain amount of people buy tickets for that match your account gets credited a relative amount. So you start out paying £25; for each 1,000 attendance over 14,000, you get credited e.g. an extra £2.50 (so if we have 17,432 attendance, POTD with a City account get £10 credit that can be spent on future tickets). Same then for season tickets - both in terms of price of season ticket, and then smaller crediting over the course of the season, that can go to the next year's season ticket.

Wouldn't be too complex to administer and would improve the club database. Would mean people encourage more to go to matches, and recognise the value that more people gain. Would show the club giving something back to the fans. Would make people more likely to buy other things from the club shop as well; it wouldn't be losing money as with cheaper tickets, but deferring the money.

Knowing the club, even if they did do it they'd put some artificial time limit on when you could put the money back in, and hack a load of fans off in the meantime.

So your only a real supporter if you have a season ticket right? Bollocks! What about those of us that live 180 miles away so a ST isn't cost effective yet still make as many games as we can, probably more away games than most, and probably create more atmosphere and vocal support than 75% of ST holders?

I just read my own post a dozen times, and nowhere in there did I say only season ticket holders are real fans!

Stop reading between the lines, and focus on what people are saying.

I may have generalized a little by suggesting all of the people who will fill the the stadium if the tickets were FREE are not real fans. I know of quite a few "real" fans who only ever travel to the Gate when they can blag themselves a free ticket.

Make the tickets affordable, and you will fill empty seats with people who want to support the club, not looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon.

we had a bring a friend for free offer against derby and hull (pick one or the other) it did nothing to the attendances,

We could charge a tenner at the moment and the crowds will still be 14k because of whats on show on the pitch,

If we string a few performances like peterborough at home the crowd will trickle back in but we can't string two results together,

if we were where cardiff are we'd be sold out every week regardless of price

Archived