IGNORED

Back Or Sack Poll Post-Blackburn

herman

Back or Sack  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we sack Del, then who are we going to get that is any better? I admit, our form is pretty bad, and I think we should all go to the bookies and bet on us not keeping a clean sheet the whole season! Anyway, joking aside, I'm not sure sacking Del is what the board want to do as it will cost them more money to pay for the rest of his contract ......... we are always terrible in the FA Cup! Even if we bring someone else in, I don't think they will be able to save us ..... we are in a bit of trouble ...... the players need to take responsibility now and step up to the plate!

Yet another poll so we can all the vote the same way we did last week....

McClueless needs to go promptly and you would hope that the board have already sounded out a replacement so he can start shortlisting players he'd like to approach in January to bring in.

Time is not on our side and a replacement is needed now!

There is no question anymore, he must be sacked. We were absolutely dreadful today. Abysmal. Pathetic. Embarrassing. The only meaningful effort we had was a Ryan Taylor header. We played against a Blackburn team that for much of the game didn't seem bothered, yet still managed to beat us with ease. Derek has no plan. He has no idea what he is doing and I can honestly see no way forward, we do not have a prayer of staying up with him in charge in my opinion. I cannot see one reason for keeping him anymore, not one. He simply has to go.

I struggle to understand what McInnes has done that Millen hasn't with the exception of two marque signings, and the fact that his signing weren't generally even this bad such as Caulker, Rose, Taylor and Bolasie (who I'm sure a few on here regret selling), in comparison to Morris, McManus, and Bates. And even despite signing a much needed left back in Cuningham, and having the strike force Millen didn't in Baldock and Davies, Del doesn't play them anyway!

Sigh.. Abuse those that don't want to sack the manager..

Anyone considered that, assuming it takes 1-2 weeks to get a new boss in we'll be stuck with all our players that are rubbish as the window will be basically shut?

He's made 2-3 bids, if that means Danns and two decent centre backs come in then he can stay a little longer.

Sigh.. Abuse those that don't want to sack the manager..

Anyone considered that, assuming it takes 1-2 weeks to get a new boss in we'll be stuck with all our players that are rubbish as the window will be basically shut?

He's made 2-3 bids, if that means Danns and two decent centre backs come in then he can stay a little longer.

his fantastic eye for a player (pearson, morris, wilson, foster) i can wait what deadwood he'll bring in..

his fantastic eye for a player (pearson, morris, wilson, foster) i can wait what deadwood he'll bring in..

Cunningham, Baldock, Davies..?

Pearson has had some very good games, hasn't been consistent though. Foster is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be either.

Give you the other two though.

If he was going to be sacked he would have been before now, sadly he is here til we are relegated.

I only hope the board request he gets rid of a few before he is allowed to spend anymore money, FFP is set at 60% of players wages in League 1. He has been backed all the way, he chose to waste it on strikers he doesn't play, now he needs to recoup some money to fund his midfield and defence.

I don't see how pulling together and backing the manager will change his tactics, team choice etc. I'm there every home game, cheering for the team, that isn't going to alter anything. Clearing out the dead wood, new ideas on formation and sticking with it is the only way forward (if we can't sign some amazing defenders/midfielders).

Me

Who we gonna get to replace him and will it help

How many times are we going to keep replying to these stupid questions. If you read this forum there have been many realistic suggestion of who we should get in . Would it help ? Well were are bottom out of all the cups and are in free fall so it may be worth a go.

If that the only reason for keeping him then I put it to you that they are not good enough to keep him at the helm of the club I love.

How many times are we going to keep replying to these stupid questions. If you read this forum there have been many realistic suggestion of who we should get in . Would it help ? Well were are bottom out of all the cups and are in free fall so it may be worth a go.

If that the only reason for keeping him then I put it to you that they are not good enough to keep him at the helm of the club I love.

No there haven't. SoD looks likely to go to Barnsley, Di Canio is a fantasy, Billy Davies would piss SL off and be out the door fast. They're the main three i've seen.

Although Uwe Rosler wasn't a bad shout whoever suggested him.

No there haven't. SoD looks likely to go to Barnsley, Di Canio is a fantasy, Billy Davies would piss SL off and be out the door fast. They're the main three i've seen.

Although Uwe Rosler wasn't a bad shout whoever suggested him.

We are going to miss out on SoD due to the board not getting rid of Mcinnes . SL could get on the phone now to SoD and get him now if he wanted to now.

How do you know Billy Davies would pisd off SL ??

Whoever comes in, Steve Lansdown needs to look at his previous failings in this area (assuming he's going to have the final say). Don't appoint someone you have to persuade to take the role and who won't turn up for a couple of months (Coppell). If you go for no or little experience of this level of management insist they have proper experience of this division and of management alongside them (Tinnion, Millen, McInnes). I wonder if those 3 would have done better with a DoF? Someone like Pleat or Bassett.

For my money I'd like some like George Graham next - unlikely I know! If not Billy Davies or Cotterrill or maybe Johnson again to add a bit of steal to things and get the players to take responsibility.

Decision needs to be taken this week, if it is to happen, otherwise the transfer window will be wasted.

Cunningham, Baldock, Davies..?

Pearson has had some very good games, hasn't been consistent though. Foster is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be either.

Give you the other two though.

Cunningham - Yes

Baldock - really? How many games he started? Suggests not fit enough to play? Dropped after peterboro due to fitness

Davies - barely featured, but when he does gets goals - rumours of personal issues that have followed him from derby - lack of homework

He's signed some crap

Seems to be 2 options here:

1) Get new players in, & fund it by selling players. Problem: who'd buy what we have at the moment? Who would want to come to a club that seems doomed?

2) Change the manager. Problem: who is there to come in that is any better than what we have now? There might be, say, one or two, but they might not want us, & the board's track record on managers in the last few years has been questionable. Also the transfer window would close pretty soon, so they'd have to work with what we have at the moment.

Until early December I was in the "1" camp, as I was sure it couldn't have got worse. Unfortunately it has. I think the board are going through a similar thought process.......

Archived