IGNORED

Time Running Out...

SimplyRed

It has been plainly obvious to me for some time now, and also for a lot of other fans, that with McInnes in charge we will be relegated - I am completely convinced of that.

Lansdown may dig his heels in and state publicly that McInnes is 'in it for the long haul', but even he must admit to himself, privately, that things are continuing to go wrong in a big way. He MUST be considering what will happen if we are relegated.

For me, this club simply cannot afford to be relegated and, I fear, if the worst happens and we do fall through the trapdoor, it will be a very long time before we see second tier football again. It may even threaten the very existence of the club - that's how serious I view relegation.

For me, the only hope is to relieve McInnes of his duties and allow A.N. OTHER to try to get us to safety (I DON'T CARE WHO is appointed - ANYONE! - because they can't be any worse than what is happening right now). Even a caretaker manager, for heavens sake! (Blackburn aren't doing bad, are they?)

It also should be done as soon, and as quickly, as possible to give the new man a chance to bring in some fresh faces during the transfer window.

In the last three seasons, 48 points has been enough to stay up. We are 26 points shy of that total with 21 games to go (11 at home and 10 away). Of those games I think we need 6 home wins, 3 home draws, 1 away win, and two away draws to get 48 points. So I say, if we lose two more games at home our fate will be, more or less, sealed. 26 points is a tall order - but achievable - though NOT UNDER MCINNES.

I DON'T CARE how much it costs to get rid, because I know the cost to the club will be inifinitely more if he stays and we are relegated.

PLEASE - DO NOT ALLOW US TO BE RELEGATED. ACT NOW - or regret it at your leisure.

It has been plainly obvious to me for some time now, and also for a lot of other fans, that with McInnes in charge we will be relegated - I am completely convinced of that.

Lansdown may dig his heels in and state publicly that McInnes is 'in it for the long haul', but even he must admit to himself, privately, that things are continuing to go wrong in a big way. He MUST be considering what will happen if we are relegated.

For me, this club simply cannot afford to be relegated and, I fear, if the worst happens and we do fall through the trapdoor, it will be a very long time before we see second tier football again. It may even threaten the very existence of the club - that's how serious I view relegation.

For me, the only hope is to relieve McInnes of his duties and allow A.N. OTHER to try to get us to safety (I DON'T CARE WHO is appointed - ANYONE! - because they can't be any worse than what is happening right now). Even a caretaker manager, for heavens sake! (Blackburn aren't doing bad, are they?)

It also should be done as soon, and as quickly, as possible to give the new man a chance to bring in some fresh faces during the transfer window.

In the last three seasons, 48 points has been enough to stay up. We are 26 points shy of that total with 21 games to go (11 at home and 10 away). Of those games I think we need 6 home wins, 3 home draws, 1 away win, and two away draws to get 48 points. So I say, if we lose two more games at home our fate will be, more or less, sealed. 26 points is a tall order - but achievable - though NOT UNDER MCINNES.

I DON'T CARE how much it costs to get rid, because I know the cost to the club will be inifinitely more if he stays and we are relegated.

PLEASE - DO NOT ALLOW US TO BE RELEGATED. ACT NOW - or regret it at your leisure.

That is scary. With 3 home wins only (2 ages ago in August), we really do have our work cut out.

If we do get relegated and from the season so far, no clean sheets and 3 home wins this seems inevitable. Just how can the board expect Del to remain to oversee us in League1, each match we lose at home the chorus of disapproval will grow and the bile will increase.

I can't see the logic in retaining his services if we get relegated as by then he will be so unpopular

that any kind of relationship with the fans will be long gone and it will just be a case of wanting him out.

I sadly think this is a job too big for him and rather than prolong the agony something needs to change this week.

My biggest fear is that the same poor players will be around should we get relegated but on a lower sallary. We might just escape relegation again with a different manager like we did with the appointments of Millen and McInnes but the real problem is our abysmal recruiting. We pay a fortune for truly poor players. It's laughable sadly.

That's the issue. McInnes recruitment is problem and based on his two previous transfer windows, I'm yet to see a signing whose honestly impressed apart from Bikey who saved us.

Bikey was a hell of a player and what we needed, despite saving us last season his wages were high (for a reason) but even when he reduced his demands wasn't warrantied value for money....instead we sign McManus who Bikey replaced.....utter madness.

Other than Bikey, His recruitment overall hasn't impress. Cunningham has potential and we will recoup our cash back if needed

Baldock and Davies no doubting their ability. However both were signed and then deemed not suitbale to play as lone forwards,

Baldock is in and out for unknown reasons despite getting goals

Davies impresses when playing however there is clearly an issue somewhere which is not public knowledge however suggests homework wasn't done on Davies the person (so say we learned this mistake with Hunt....obviously not)

Foster - yet to impress on a consistant basis despite CL experience

Pearson - see Tony Dinning

Morris/Mark Wilson - jobs for mates

Anderson - barely gets a look in

Overall, he's got rid of alot of cramp and signed a whole bunch players possibly even worse.

Bates/McManus - not long term options and no Bikey's

Sinking with a fight, which is the biggest pill to swallow.

Lansdown might not be sacking McInnes because it'll cost more to sack him (and possibly his staff) than it'll cost the club if we go down.

I really think he will be here for the rest of the season and will be given 10 games or so in league 1 next season.

Well if that's the case then it proves what I've thought for ages, the current board don't care about us paying supporters and they have their own agenda

That's the issue. McInnes recruitment is problem and based on his two previous transfer windows, I'm yet to see a signing whose honestly impressed apart from Bikey who saved us.

Bikey was a hell of a player and what we needed, despite saving us last season his wages were high (for a reason) but even when he reduced his demands wasn't warrantied value for money....instead we sign McManus who Bikey replaced.....utter madness.

Other than Bikey, His recruitment overall hasn't impress. Cunningham has potential and we will recoup our cash back if needed

Baldock and Davies no doubting their ability. However both were signed and then deemed not suitbale to play as lone forwards,

Davies impresses when playing however there is clearly an issue somewhere which is not public knowledge however suggests homework wasn't done on Davies the person (so say we learned this mistake with Hunt....obviously not)

Overall, he's got rid of alot of cramp and signed a whole bunch players possibly even worse.

You raise some interesting points. T

Del has made around 15 loan signings on top of all his other signings yet yesterday only four of HIS signings (Heaton, Wilson, Cunningham and Anderson) started - quite worrying that seven of the starting line up were previous manager's signings.

I doubt very much that signing or not signing Bikey was solely Mcinnes' call, the board will have told him whether or not wages at a certain level were realistic for the club or not. With hindsight it's very easy to say that we should have pushed the boat out for Bikey but at the time I thought we'd be better off looking at younger players. C'est la vie

As for his overall recruitment, I think it's been pretty good. The problem has been the positions they've played in and whether they've played at all. Heaton, Cunningham, Baldock, Davies & Anderson are all improvements to the squad and in positions we needed to improve. What I can't understand is why they don't always get played. I had faith in McInnes until Millwall where he dropped Baldock who'd scored twice and set up a third in the previous match. Setting your team up to counter opposition strengths is all well and good but there comes a time when you have to get your best 11 on the pitch and play them. He did that against Peterborough then inexplicably didn't do it against Millwall. IF McInnes pulls his head out of his arse and starts learning from his mistakes then I still feel we'll survive bit time is running out and I'm starting to feel that he ain't a quick learner...

That's the second time I've heard that. Once more and it must be true ;)

None of the recent going's on, including a slight upturn in points tally compared to the previous period, would suggest anything of the sort. Of course City are pretty good at keeping things quiet and some opportunity may have opened up that changes that. One thing is fairly certain and that is that he will get sacked at some point.

I really don't want to change managers again, I detest the idea of a club that has no stability.

I'm concerned that there is some deeper problem at the club and sacking the manager will not solve it. It's very easy to arrive at "manager is clueless" but is it really the manager or (purely suspicion) have the board totally ****** up the contract situation amongst the players with new signings and created a lot of disharmony? Something isn't right at the club and hasn't been since before McInnes IMO.

I think his signings have been generally good (particularly the expensive ones like Baldock, Davies and Cunningham) and though there are definitely gaps in the squad we don't know what has happened in deals we haven't completed.

I also like McInnes, he speaks like a charismatic, intelligent bloke and I want him to succeed so I'm sure I have some bias.

However:

- It's now pretty much impossible to understand let alone defend his team selections and constant chopping and changing

- There's little sign of improvement in performances since the start of the season

- Two goals a game and not a single clean sheet yet a different back 3/4/5 every week

- January is the last chance to change the squad

So I guess the question is, who could we hire that has a better chance of turning this around?

I hear names like O'Driscoll, Cotterill, Davies... I'm not really that confident. If there were a stellar candidate I guess it's time to act but is there?

I really don't want to change managers again, I detest the idea of a club that has no stability.

I'm concerned that there is some deeper problem at the club and sacking the manager will not solve it. It's very easy to arrive at "manager is clueless" but is it really the manager or (purely suspicion) have the board totally ****** up the contract situation amongst the players with new signings and created a lot of disharmony? Something isn't right at the club and hasn't been since before McInnes IMO.

I think his signings have been generally good (particularly the expensive ones like Baldock, Davies and Cunningham) and though there are definitely gaps in the squad we don't know what has happened in deals we haven't completed.

I also like McInnes, he speaks like a charismatic, intelligent bloke and I want him to succeed so I'm sure I have some bias.

However:

- It's now pretty much impossible to understand let alone defend his team selections and constant chopping and changing

- There's little sign of improvement in performances since the start of the season

- Two goals a game and not a single clean sheet yet a different back 3/4/5 every week

So I guess the question is, who could we hire that has a better chance of turning this around?

I hear names like O'Driscoll, Cotterill, Davies... I'm not really that confident. If there were a stellar candidate I guess it's time to act but is there?

He's not going to take us up next season, in fact with him I'd say with the run were on heading to that league we'll be lucky to get a top half finish. So if the board aren't happy with us struggling next year and they decide to sack him next Christmas as we are 15th in League One still lacking any consistency they'll forever regret this moment now when they have one last chance of survival.

DM will never be a success here. He's out of his depth, which means eventually we WILL have to sack him. Why wait until League One to do it? There are options out there who if they can't save us this year, they'll give us a great chance of going back up next.

He's not going to take us up next season, in fact with him I'd say with the run were on heading to that league we'll be lucky to get a top half finish. So if the board aren't happy with us struggling next year and they decide to sack him next Christmas as we are 15th in League One still lacking any consistency they'll forever regret this moment now when they have one last chance of survival.

DM will never be a success here. He's out of his depth, which means eventually we WILL have to sack him. Why wait until League One to do it? There are options out there who if they can't save us this year, they'll give us a great chance of going back up next.

Well, that's the question. Who are they? Because I'm not that convinced by any I've heard so far.

If there's a deeper problem than just the current manager, what difference will it make?

However:

I remember when Steve Coppell arrived at the club, he said something along the lines that the club has some bad habits/quirks that he would have to get used too. This was on an interview with beanhead, makes you think if there really is an underlying problem at the club.

Well, that's the question. Who are they? Because I'm not that convinced by any I've heard so far.

If there's a deeper problem than just the current manager, what difference will it make?

SO'D is very decent league below. That's who I'd get in personally if the board accept relegation is the most likely end to this season.

I remember when Steve Coppell arrived at the club, he said something along the lines that the club has some bad habits/quirks that he would have to get used too. This was on an interview with beanhead, makes you think if there really is an underlying problem at the club.

I don't doubt it for a moment. We all (myself included) bad-mouthed Coppell when he walked out, but maybe he had good reason to.

Lansdown might not be sacking McInnes because it'll cost more to sack him (and possibly his staff) than it'll cost the club if we go down.

If we do get relegated it could take years to come back up, we'd lose our best players etc, attendance will fall, so I think it would cost more to go down. We have to avoid it at all costs

I don't doubt it for a moment. We all (myself included) bad-mouthed Coppell when he walked out, but maybe he had good reason to.

I hope and think Nibor is over-stating it. Some clubs simply do not fit certain managers; Coppell made an error of judgement when he thought City was the right fit for him and the way he works. Clearly every club is unique and while there may be 'issues' at City that do not work for some it is what it is and we have far more positives in the owner that negatives. The big question is this current board; it simply has not worked since SL left the scene and, in my opinion, Sexstone was a disaster.

As far as a decent candidate being available is concerned I tend to agree to a point; there is no doubt a man out there who is absolutely the right man for the job, he may very well be the man we currently have but he has all but run out of time to prove it. Who else? The discussion is already underway and not only among us mere fans.

Archived