IGNORED

O'driscoll To Barnsley

Bowie

Well Dome to Barnsley they are getting a very good manager there and no doubt watch them climb.

We just sit back and do nothing and let the Scottish one produce more dross week after week

Would have loved SoD at City.

Lansdown's Out

Well Dome to Barnsley they are getting a very good manager there and no doubt watch them climb.

We just sit back and do nothing and let the Scottish one produce more dross week after week

Would have loved SoD at City.

Lansdown's Out

Barnsley are pretty similar in size to us and have been struggling over the last couple of seasons. But when they sell their best players (e.g. Vas Tez to West Ham), they don't replace them. I think whatever he does at Barnsley in the short term he'd probably been at least able to do that at City. Obviously if he does next to nothing it won't tell us anything.

SoD had literally zero money to work with at Donny, but got the team playing such good footy he was able to get prem managers to bring in their best young talent as they play proper footy (compared to how we treated Danny Wilson) it was always going to be tough keeping a club like Donny at this level especially if you remember they came back into league footy same time as Yeovil.

At one point he had the as the top placed club in Yorkshire which is no mean feat, he also did similar good work at Bournemouth.

Bloke could have been a gem for us. barnsleys gain our loss, sadly.

The thick plottens! If, as we are led to believe, Dean Saunders is to be the next manager of WWFC, then what price an emotional return to Donny for SOD? After all a team at the business end of League One that has a history of relative stability has to be more attractive than AG or Oakwell, where the manager's doors have seen more plaques than most dentists see in a lifetime......

As I seem to remember, the vast majority on here were very anti Mark Robins getting the job here and very pro McInnes. Robins is doing a pretty decent job so far at Coventry, in difficult circumstances. We are struggling. Hindsight is a wonderful thing for all of you anonymous keyboard wannabe chairmen!

As I seem to remember, the vast majority on here were very anti Mark Robins getting the job here and very pro McInnes. Robins is doing a pretty decent job so far at Coventry, in difficult circumstances. We are struggling. Hindsight is a wonderful thing for all of you anonymous keyboard wannabe chairmen!

And Del could have done even better at Coventry than Robins is doing and Robins could have done worse here. Different team, different set of circumstances; it is simply so difficult to find the right man for the right job in this game. Don't we all know it.

It would be out of the frying pan and into the fire if O'Driscoll came in for McInnes - he'd struggle just as much with this bunch of players. He's soft.

We need a Billy Davies type, someone who would almost literally give them all a kick up the arse instead of an arm around the shoulder. A bloke who couldn't give a toss what they think of him and demands they do exactly as he says or they're out. Neil Warnock is another and if he gets the elbow from Leeds, we should be in for him if McInnes is on his way.

Trouble is Davies always moans at the board for money, something we don't seem to have a lot of sadly.

Not at all, I don't remember it like that.

I remember it being split, not many knew about Mciness as a manager but accepted he had done a good job at St Johnstone, and Mark Robins was liked because he had a good loan spell here and knew a bit about the club, and he successfully kept Barnsley away from relegation. Not sure where you get that the majority wanted Mciness from, it certainly isn't true

Not at all, I don't remember it like that. I remember it being split, not many knew about Mciness as a manager but accepted he had done a good job at St Johnstone, and Mark Robins was liked because he had a good loan spell here and knew a bit about the club, and he successfully kept Barnsley away from relegation. Not sure where you get that the majority wanted Mciness from, it certainly isn't true
I think they did. I was one of them! My point is that it's easy to be wise in hindsight. Getting SOD or anyone else in would got ensure an improvement. I went to Blackburn yesterday, I have season ticket and I'm as upset and frustrated as anyone else about the current situation, but I'm still not sure that changing manager is the answer. Of course, patience is starting to wear very thin though!

No your wrong . I think Dave Jones was the most popular choice. I never heard of DM until he took the City job . Then all the fans got behind him and put faith in him and put faith in the board decision to give him the job .

Hindsight is a wonderful of course but I was never convinced by him however I got behind DM but my fears that he was not up to the job seemed to have come to pass.

DM has been given time and a healthy budget and a decent squad yet we are bottom of the leauge and he should be judged accordingly .

WHY THE ***** ARE WE NOT GOING AFTER ODRISCAL FFS BOARD ACT NOW !!!! I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE DEREK HAS BEEN SAKED WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORRNING WOLVES HAVE JUST DONE IT WHY ARE WE ANY DIFFERENT AND WE HAVE BEEN ALOT POORER THEN THEM

How do you propose we afford to pay Mr McInnes off?

Am i the only 1 who thinks Coterill would be a excellent choice? has a history of getting teams promoted and managed to keep both Portsmouth and Notts Forest up under difficult circumstances! done well at Burnley in the Championship aswell a few years ago, again having to sale his best players in the process! know the english game inside out and has plenty of expeirence at this level!

Steve Coterill for me.

Apparently, it would cost more if we were relegated and its a nailed on cert that a new manager will keep us up.

No thought to the amount it would cost paying off McInnes AND his staff AND the cost of a possible relegation.

Money will also be spent on players during January to add to the risk.

IF he goes, it is a big financial risk for the club - not to say they won't take that risk, just that it isn't a cert that getting rid would solve any problems and could create a lot more.

Exactly. I'm sick of hearing, "But it will cost us more if we go down." Do you know what would cost even MORE?!?! If we sack Del and still go down, which with this current crop of players is a big possibility.

Exactly. I'm sick of hearing, "But it will cost us more if we go down." Do you know what would cost even MORE?!?! If we sack Del and still go down, which with this current crop of players is a big possibility.

Ifs and buts all round of course.

How much would it cost us if we went down with Del and then struggled in league one because I have seen nothing to suggest that he has the ability to change his ways.

Can you imagine? Baldock (If he stayed) being dropped in league 1 after scoring 2 because we are going 5 at the back against Leyton Orient?

Oh I can't bloody wait.

Am i the only 1 who thinks Coterill would be a excellent choice? has a history of getting teams promoted and managed to keep both Portsmouth and Notts Forest up under difficult circumstances! done well at Burnley in the Championship aswell a few years ago, again having to sale his best players in the process! know the english game inside out and has plenty of expeirence at this level!

Steve Coterill for me.

Even more reason not to renew season ticket. Cotterill=sh1te.

That could be sorted out up front.

But we don't need another soft manager, we need someone who'll get the players in a professional frame of mind. All this "players aren't picking up the opposition" tripe after every single game is scandalous - thats what training is for, the management and staff should be drilling the basics into the players. Either they aren't doing it, or the players are comfortable enough to ignore it - and still get selected next game.

That simply wouldn't happen under the likes of Davies or Warnock, they just wouldn't put up with it.

Surely to God, the players should know the basics by now, otherwise, what on earth are they doing playing in a professional team. They should be playing on the Downs if they still need to be drilled like this.

Archived