IGNORED

Relegation..a Done Deal?

marmite

I just wonder if the club have decided to bite the bullet, take relegation, lose the high earners, and try to live within the realms of gates of 8-12000 and the income it generates. Are we able to compete at Championship level any more?. We obviously cant attract good enough players within our wage set up and our financial losses will cripple the club if we let it continue. I dont believe SL can or will continue the way its going. The proposed new stadium looks further away than ever and if that is what we are waiting for to increase revenue,well..enough said, it aint going to happen soon enough. Too much is wrong at the club at the moment from boardroom down through the players and management and even us fans. I've never felt such negativity at AG in all the (50+) years I've been watching. Who actually enters the ground with a spring in their step anymore?. I hope I'm wrong but I feel as though the club have accepted defeat (no pun intended), this season. Can someone give me reason to be positive.....please.

Oh paleeeeze, another doom thread :death: we are not even in the relegation 3 if we win our game in hand, and why would we be looking to spend in this window we could wait till summer.

Some fans have thrown in the towel :facepalm: (if they have accepted it, why do they keep on about it though?)

Oh paleeeeze, another doom thread :death: we are not even in the relegation 3 if we win our game in hand, and why would we be looking to spend in this window we could wait till summer.

Some fans have thrown in the towel :facepalm: (if they have accepted it, why do they keep on about it though?)

seems like the board have thrown in the towel iswell

seems like the board have thrown in the towel iswell

or maybe just maybe, they will do everything they can to see us through.

Or then again they may start having a real good moan and groan and do everything they can to hinder belief in the fact that We are CITY and anything is possible?

which do you really believe is happening?

Love how people assume we will win out game in hand against High flying Watford!

Comical

Why shouldnt we, we`ve beaten better teams.....this season. Non believing fans...more comical :facepalm:

Or then again they may start having a real good moan and groan and do everything they can to hinder belief in the fact that We are CITY and anything is possible?

The club is being run by financial men, not football men. Take off your rose tinted specs. You say anything is possible, that must include relegeation!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, some of our fans are deluded... of course people are moaning, they have a right to when we're in this situation! I honestly worry that some of our fans would cheer us right out of league football all the way saying "some fans just don't believe!".

I'm all for a bit of positive mental attitude but I also know when to be realistic and now is not the time to be so blasé about our situation.

They said the Titanic was unsinkable Glos, and they believed it.. huh.. did you hear that, sort of a bang and a scraping noise.

Yes, but there's good evidence that she wouldn't have sunk if she'd stayed on course and rammed the berg rather than turning and exposing her flank. Just the sort of tactical decision Del's famous for :noexp:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, some of our fans are deluded... of course people are moaning, they have a right to when we're in this situation! I honestly worry that some of our fans would cheer us right out of league football all the way saying "some fans just don't believe!".

I'm all for a bit of positive mental attitude but I also know when to be realistic and now is not the time to be so blasé about our situation.

Who are deluded? The fans who think we'll stay up? The situation isnt good but we are not cut adrift so there is reason to believe we can.

or maybe they're doing absoloutly nothing??

Mate to be fair, have you seen us playing recently?

It's the biggest heap of sh*t I have witnessed in years.

Who are deluded? The fans who think we'll stay up? The situation isnt good but we are not cut adrift so there is reason to believe we can.

No, the ones who are saying "it's not even that bad if we win our game in hand" or thinking we'll stay up as things are going.

I don't think we're 100% down but we certainly will be if something doesn't change soon and we start getting some clean sheets and tightening our defence up. How anyone can expect a team to stay up when they are averaging almost 2 goals a game I'll never know.

My confidence has taken yet another slam as well seeing us chasing some "playmaker midfielder" who plays like an out and out striker whilst our defence has more holes than Swiss cheese.

This happy clapper thing is bollox but then I'd rather be a 'happy clapper' than some miserable doom merchant constantly on about relegation! Football is not the be all and end all to life...

so your okay watching awful football and being in a relegation battle every season then? good on you.

Heard too often in the last few years that we need the new stadium to increase revenue and compete. We dont have the stadium, we dont have the revenue, we don't compete. Its not rocket science. And just as a matter of interest, I dont want us to be relegated, I just don't think we are good enough to stay up..

Love how people assume we will win out game in hand against High flying Watford!

Comical

Also fairly comical how people presume we are already relegated. For f**ks sake people, lighten up, yeah it's awful at the moment and yeah, I think I want Del out, but some of the white-flag waving on here is really doing my nut in. Did we really need another thread on how shit we are?

The only "real" thing we know is that at the moment we are in a relegation battle.

Other clubs are as well, have they all thrown in the towel as well.

Shall we get a giant white flag and let those who have given up already to stand under it on Saturday ?

There's a lot of cowards on here, thank fck there are also people who have bottle and fight in them.

Simple. We don't know either way

Look where we were with 11 games to go last season - how many would have put money on us staying up?

What is more worrying is the long term prospect of season after season bouncing between divisions 2 & 3 because we don't have the resources to do better.

so your okay watching awful football and being in a relegation battle every season then? good on you.

I just support the club win lose and draw... seen us get relegated at Sheffield United, seen many many defeats over the years I have watched while spending obscene amounts of cash following City up and down the country like the mug I am, we've been far worse than we are now like the 5-0 defeat by Bradford followed up the 6-1 home defeat by Wolves and not one of those players tried (probably countless other games they didnt bother with) just like now so I dont quite understand the amount of discontent from fans. Course I understand the frustration of supporters but this goes beyond a joke IMO, thank heavens for social media ay.

The only "real" thing we know is that at the moment we are in a relegation battle.

Shall we get a giant white flag and let those who have given up already to stand under it on Saturday ?

There's a lot of cowards on here, thank fck there are also people who have bottle and fight in them.

That's the thing though isn't it, the second someone says they're worried about relegation they are branded as a coward and automatically assumed that they've thrown in the towel when they haven't.

Just because I'm a realist and worried about our situation it doesn't mean I have given up, however it really doesn't help my enthusiasm when every bit of news we get is bad.... just one positive bit of news would be nice, like the news we're loaning in a solid centre back and McInnes actually plans on playing him in place of Fontaine... that news alone would perk me right up. Instead I'm reading how we're looking at a player who is essentially a striker whilst Baldock and Davies sit on the bench!

No, the ones who are saying "it's not even that bad if we win our game in hand" or thinking we'll stay up as things are going.

I don't think we're 100% down but we certainly will be if something doesn't change soon and we start getting some clean sheets and tightening our defence up. How anyone can expect a team to stay up when they are averaging almost 2 goals a game I'll never know.

My confidence has taken yet another slam as well seeing us chasing some "playmaker midfielder" who plays like an out and out striker whilst our defence has more holes than Swiss cheese.

But we are scoring goals, conceding 2 a game isnt great but we do seem to have a knack for scoring them 38 in all, compared to last season on that front that is a saving grace. We're also gone back after Danns as well dont you know as Pearson has said he wont standing in his way returning back to the club.. Possible hole plugged there.

Pity thats not the players

But we are scoring goals, conceding 2 a game isnt great but we do seem to have a knack for scoring them 38 in all, compared to last season on that front that is a saving grace. We're also gone back after Danns as well dont you know as Pearson has said he wont standing in his way returning back to the club.. Possible hole plugged there.

What's the point in scoring goals if you concede more? That's my problem with the "we're scoring goals" argument, we're conceding more and more consistently, more goals or not our GD still reads -12!

Until we stop leaking so badly we'll continue to sink, a good team can score goals, a great team will stop the other team from scoring any.

Archived