IGNORED

Relegation..a Done Deal?

marmite

What's the point in scoring goals if you concede more? That's my problem with the "we're scoring goals" argument, we're conceding more and more consistently, more goals or not our GD still reads -12!

Until we stop leaking so badly we'll continue to sink, a good team can score goals, a great team will stop the other team from scoring any.

Someone should tell Barca that. They've won at least one game 5-4 this season. And haven't Arsenal done the same?

There are people out there who would rather we drew 0-0 than won 4-3. Down to too much Football Manager, prolly...

What's the point in scoring goals if you concede more? That's my problem with the "we're scoring goals" argument, we're conceding more and more consistently, more goals or not our GD still reads -12!

Until we stop leaking so badly we'll continue to sink, a good team can score goals, a great team will stop the other team from scoring any.

True but without those goals we would be deeper in the mire, -12 would probably be at least doubled.. so if i came down to GD at the end we may just stay up but I hope this wont be the case.

Can someone define what a 'happy clapper' is. I genuinely dont what this is as never heard this before this season... Sorry im not down with the kids but to me it just seems a buzzword.

It's a reference to born-again God-botherers as in "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands", a metaphor for blind faith.

Can someone define what a 'happy clapper' is. I genuinely dont what this is as never heard this before this season... Sorry im not down with the kids but to me it just seems a buzzword.

I was known as a happy clapper when backing GJ in his last season, not a new term.

The club is being run by financial men, not football men. Take off your rose tinted specs. You say anything is possible, that must include relegeation!!

Of course it may, but not in early Jan. f.f.s plenty of time to moan if it does and I for one believe we are a long way from that.

Now can we move on and get on with the season which is hardly halfway through :city::city::city:

Mate to be fair, have you seen us playing recently?

It's the biggest heap of sh*t I have witnessed in years.

Charlton, Wolves and, to a lesser extent, Derby were dire, three matches out of twelve. Compare that to the no. of appalling performances under KM.

That's the thing though isn't it, the second someone says they're worried about relegation they are branded as a coward and automatically assumed that they've thrown in the towel when they haven't.

Just because I'm a realist and worried about our situation it doesn't mean I have given up, however it really doesn't help my enthusiasm when every bit of news we get is bad.... just one positive bit of news would be nice, like the news we're loaning in a solid centre back and McInnes actually plans on playing him in place of Fontaine... that news alone would perk me right up. Instead I'm reading how we're looking at a player who is essentially a striker whilst Baldock and Davies sit on the bench!

We are probably certainly looking at many players............... anyway did we not W2, L2 and draw one game in Dec ?

I just cannot see the need for the manic depression :badmood: sweeping this board atm.

Get out of here :badmood: w2, l2, draw1 in Dec :dunno:

Yes but in my opinion he's just got the woodchip out again, we win then put in a shambolic performance, his managerial skills are massively questionable, why did he sign Davies and baldock if he can't play them with our current shite players, why did he loan Wilson from Liverpool, why has Anderson hardly played all season, why did he sign Morris... I could go on, the bloke is clueless and has added to are problems.

Why did he not sign players who would improve our CURRENT side??

Of course it may, but not in early Jan. f.f.s plenty of time to moan if it does and I for one believe we are a long way from that.

Now can we move on and get on with the season which is hardly halfway through :city::city::city:

Admire your positive attitude Glos but can I ask just what you think will happen from now on to secure our place in the Championship? New players, new manager, new style of play. I know its only Jan but remember our Dec record was against many teams arround us, and we are still in the bottom 3. I havent given up but I think we will go down. My OP was more about whether the board have given up!

Admire your positive attitude Glos but can I ask just what you think will happen from now on to secure our place in the Championship? New players, new manager, new style of play. I know its only Jan but remember our Dec record was against many teams arround us, and we are still in the bottom 3. I havent given up but I think we will go down. My OP was more about whether the board have given up!

Reports of many players on radar already, which ones we will get no-one knows yet; Dec results of 2 wins,2 losses and a draw is hardly the worst form ever. We have hard games coming up confidence is a big thing in making a show in them. (see orbitals post in cut to the chase thread says it all and more)

Someone should tell Barca that. They've won at least one game 5-4 this season. And haven't Arsenal done the same?

There are people out there who would rather we drew 0-0 than won 4-3. Down to too much Football Manager, prolly...

Ah yes, I forget we have Barca quality players, I mean it's not like they are the best team in the world.

Oh and of course I said every game should be a clean sheet too, how silly of me.

Cardiff Citys last 10 league results: 1-0, 1-0, 2-1, 1-0, 1-2, 4-1, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 1-0

Our last 10 league results: 1-2, 4-2, 1-1, 0-2, 3-2, 1-4, 0-2, 3-1, 1-1, 0-2

Cardiff scored in all of their games and kept 5 clean sheets, we scored in all of ours except two and kept no clean sheets... look who is where. The bottom line is if we could actually keep the goals out we wouldn't be in such a bad position. Cardiff haven't won all of their games by scoring an abundance of goals, they've won most of their games by a single goal and a solid defence. That's the difference between a team at the top and a team at the bottom.

No, we don't have Barca quality players - and our opponents don't have Real quality defenders.

OK I'll be more specific. There were people here whingeing that we'd won an away game and lost the next. They would doubtless have preferred two 0-0 draws, although that would have given us two points instead of three.

The old Osman days when we could finish in the top half with fewer goals than games are long gone, ever since we had three points for a win.

I'm happy for us to concede two goals a game if we score three and, in my opinion, we have the quality forwards to do that. We have been most successful when we've played attacking football and taken the hits.

Now, if we had quality defenders and rubbish forwards, I might argue the other way but, quite clearly, we don't.

OK I'll be more specific. There were people here whingeing that we'd won an away game and lost the next. They would doubtless have preferred two 0-0 draws, although that would have given us two points instead of three.

The old Osman days when we could finish in the top half with fewer goals than games are long gone, ever since we had three points for a win.

I'm happy for us to concede two goals a game if we score three and, in my opinion, we have the quality forwards to do that. We have been most successful when we've played attacking football and taken the hits.

Now, if we had quality defenders and rubbish forwards, I might argue the other way but, quite clearly, we don't.

The point is we can rectify the poor defensive situation, we had all preseason to do so too but Del is yet again looking at attacking options when we already have more than enough of them, hell, he leaves our top two goalscorers on the bench! You may be happy with a win and a loss over two draws but I'd much rather get a win and a draw or even two wins because we're not giving up the goals that cost us the games instead.

The point is we can rectify the poor defensive situation, we had all preseason to do so too but Del is yet again looking at attacking options when we already have more than enough of them, hell, he leaves our top two goalscorers on the bench! You may be happy with a win and a loss over two draws but I'd much rather get a win and a draw or even two wins because we're not giving up the goals that cost us the games instead.

If I had the option, we'd win every game 6-0. Unfortunately, this is the real world, and we have to play to our strengths. We aren't going hat by keeping our top striker on the bench in the vain hope of strengthening our defence.

If I had the option, we'd win every game 6-0. Unfortunately, this is the real world, and we have to play to our strengths. We aren't going hat by keeping our top striker on the bench in the vain hope of strengthening our defence.

Why is it so unrealistic to think we can't play our best striker AND improve our defence, you seem to think I'm talking formation? I'm not saying play 4-5-1, 3-5-2 etc, I'm talking about bringing in defensive players who aren't s***.

Personally I'd rather see us play with Baldock upfront any day but it's not happening and so realistically we need to be able to rely on the defence too. I get you want to play to our strengths but I don't see why we can't address our weaknesses too!

Haven't we beaten Boro, Sheffield Wednesday and Peterborough in the last month or so, I am certainly not throwing the towel in yet. If we sign a couple of quality players in January and get a couple of decent results things will soon look very different.
We did but we needed more than 2 goals to win each game. We won't score 3 or 4 every game in order to win

There is goals in the side. The defence is a big worry at mo

Bids are in for three players, Danns Is one, the others need to be defenders and need to make a similar impact to Caulker. I think confidence is a huge thing in football and a couple of signings, a surprise victory over Leicester and suddenly things look so very different.

Why is it so unrealistic to think we can't play our best striker AND improve our defence, you seem to think I'm talking formation? I'm not saying play 4-5-1, 3-5-2 etc, I'm talking about bringing in defensive players who aren't s***.

Personally I'd rather see us play with Baldock upfront any day but it's not happening and so realistically we need to be able to rely on the defence too. I get you want to play to our strengths but I don't see why we can't address our weaknesses too!

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. I was talking about what we do with what we've got. Hopefully, we'll see some improvement in the squad very soon.

Hi Otib, I have been away and still in a veterans hospital, thank you tax payers....with my laptop, hoo bloody ray.

Spoke to my old mate, the retired bookmaker, was in the trade for 52 years. His comments for those who listen.

The bottom 4 teams have been cut adrift with Birmingham on 29 and P/bro on 25, we are on 22.

We are currently averaging 0.88 points per game and need to improve by 50% to around 1.4 points per game. That would get us into the low 50's in points and possible survival.

Lets look at the real questions. Can we increase our average points total by 50% per game, no, not based on our first half of the season.

Is Del the answer ? I think he was thrown into the Championship league from the little league and he was a big fish , but now in a much bigger pond.

Del could be a top manager and I think relegation and a year in League 1 would be to his and our advantage. I think a quick return to the Championship in 1 or 2 seasons would work in with a new stadium........ if ever that happens.At my age its not really an issue . BCFC will not have any ownership in the possible new ground, its strictly a corporate investment for SL.

League 1 has better and bigger teams than us, pulling bigger crowds, we will not be out of place. Then we have games against GJ's Yeovil and Swindon.

I hope to see us through this season and stay up, if not I would like to enjoy another promotion. At my end of life that's what I can hope for.

I wish you all a happy new year and be Rednready

Hi Otib, I have been away and still in a veterans hospital, thank you tax payers....with my laptop, hoo bloody ray.

Spoke to my old mate, the retired bookmaker, was in the trade for 52 years. His comments for those who listen.

The bottom 4 teams have been cut adrift with Birmingham on 29 and P/bro on 25, we are on 22.

We are currently averaging 0.88 points per game and need to improve by 50% to around 1.4 points per game. That would get us into the low 50's in points and possible survival.

Lets look at the real questions. Can we increase our average points total by 50% per game, no, not based on our first half of the season.

Is Del the answer ? I think he was thrown into the Championship league from the little league and he was a big fish , but now in a much bigger pond.

Del could be a top manager and I think relegation and a year in League 1 would be to his and our advantage. I think a quick return to the Championship in 1 or 2 seasons would work in with a new stadium........ if ever that happens.At my age its not really an issue . BCFC will not have any ownership in the possible new ground, its strictly a corporate investment for SL.

League 1 has better and bigger teams than us, pulling bigger crowds, we will not be out of place. Then we have games against GJ's Yeovil and Swindon.

I hope to see us through this season and stay up, if not I would like to enjoy another promotion. At my end of life that's what I can hope for.

I wish you all a happy new year and be Rednready

Happy New Year R&R.

I agree that perhaps relegation and rebuilding thoroughly - with a quickish return - would benefit the club all round.

We can't keep struggling like this every season and continue contemplating management change annually.

All the best to you and keep posting when you can - I've no doubt your input on here is valued by many.

Archived