IGNORED

Neil Danns

NATCHER

Not according to his profile.

7 games for us and 3 goals, he'll be missed. Hopefully, we can replace him..

But he wants to go up north to his family and thats fair enough.

2 wasn't it? Wolves and Ipswich?

Oh well, he's a 30 year old with the best of his career behind him and on very high wages.

All in all probably no future for him here and though he's played well for us, and can strike the ball superbly, a younger hungrier player within our wage budget who sees a future at BCFC may turn out to be at least as good an option.

A bit disappointing but it sounds like Del has other irons in the fire.

am i the only one who thinks he wasn't as good as he made out to be?

Maybe...... Although, when you think about it, he didn't have much of an impact on the final results (who would be able to with our bunch of ploddy players?). That being said, I still rated him over every other central midfielder we had and wish he'd have come back here - makes me sad :(

I think Skuse and Danns played just once together because Skuse was out injured and City scored 4 goals that day. They looked very useful in the middle.

You overlook the fact that they were playing a woefully awful 10-man Peterborough.

Danns really wasn't that great for us. He looked unfit and short of pace. Unfortunately, due to the midfield excellence that we are used to, Danns looked like Bobby Charlton to many on here.

The fact that he's joined a mid table team only 10pts ahead of us about sums it up.

Maybe, just maybe we didn't re-bid for him ?

We were in talks to re-sign him on loan but a lot of other clubs also showed interest given his form, one in particular being in the north, closer to his family.
“Unfortunately he’s opted to join them. We thank him for his time with us and wish him luck for the future.”
Unless bullsh**ing I guess we probably were.

Maybe...... Although, when you think about it, he didn't have much of an impact on the final results (who would be able to with our bunch of ploddy players?). That being said, I still rated him over every other central midfielder we had and wish he'd have come back here - makes me sad :(

yeah so did i.. i mean it's not hard to be better than our midfielders

yeah so did i.. i mean it's not hard to be better than our midfielders

I was undecided as to if he was a good player or if the others around were so poor that he was made to look better by them (admittedly I only made it to two games he played in and we won both of them..... I had a point a minute ago........)

Either way though it still means we have lost a player better than the current lot. Just hope we can pull a signing out the bag that can transform our current fortunes.

For those doubting Danns contribution:

With Danns = P9 W3 D2 L4 Average of 1.22 pts per game

Without Danns = P16 W3 D2 L11 Average of 0.68pts per game

Doesn't include the 2 cup games without him - that we also lost.

I'd say he had a pretty good impact.

Archived