IGNORED

What A Goal!

Welcome To The Jungle

be fuming if that was my keeper turning then playing a lose ball out wide with 2 players around him

Well that is why Bristish coaching is crap. If there is ever a chance to get a keeper happy with the ball at his feet, then this is it, at youth level

Portland Bill is correct.

Academy and Development Centre teams are playing football the right way now. Incidents that Herman refers to above tend to occur in club football in teams where Dad wants the reflected glory of coaching his son's "winning" team.

Monkeh - I wouldn't watch Academy football if I were you where Goalkeepers are now actively encouraged to "play the ball out" rather than picking it up and just hoofing the thing down the other end.

My Grandson is an Academy Under 11 Keeper and I reckon he touches the ball in an average 40 minute game about 20-30 times with his feet. In the U8-10 age groups his club demands that Goalkeepers play the ball short, the thinking being that outfield players also have to learn to play with the ball at their feet under a bit of pressure. With decent coaching it doesn't take long before these lads are knocking the ball around like you saw above.

All the Acadamy/Centre of excellence young teams are encouraged to play like that in this country. It doesn't always come off like that, but it's the only way forward for English football.

It's not about winning games at that age it's about development for the future.

Dads definitely, coaches not so much depending on the level. You still obviously have your 'stuck in the 80's' coaches...

Pah - tippy, tappy bollocks

I'd have nailed the keeper and stopped that in it's tracks. Free kick, yellow card - take one for the team as it were

HOOF IT

How true is that !!

A couple of home games ago that was all I could hear from behind me. Shouts of "Get it ******* forward" and the like. If City could string more than 3 passes together , the crowd wouldn't have it anyway.

Dads definitely, coaches not so much depending on the level. You still obviously have your 'stuck in the 80's' coaches...

Eh? My lad just spent 4 years at Yeovil's COE ( until GJ came in and shut it down) they were encouraged to play from the back and most importantly " keep the ball". Results didn't matter, they could lose 5-0 but as long as the football was good and things learnt then the coaches were fine.

There's some fantastic football being played by the likes of Exeter,Bournemouth etc in the youth set ups at the moment. Long may it continue.

Eh? My lad just spent 4 years at Yeovil's COE ( until GJ came in and shut it down) they were encouraged to play from the back and most importantly " keep the ball". Results didn't matter, they could lose 5-0 but as long as the football was good and things learnt then the coaches were fine.

There's some fantastic football being played by the likes of Exeter,Bournemouth etc in the youth set ups at the moment. Long may it continue.

Was meant to quote Herman, Bill. Apologies.

Interesting that you blame GJ for the closure of the CoE? Has your lad found somewhere else?

It was pretty obvious, he came in midway through last season and it seems that the money used for the COE is now being used to fund loaners for there first team. I've no hard evidence but..........

As for my boy, playing local football at the mo and enjoying it. But got something in the next couple of weeks coming up with a "club"! Don't want to say any more than that at the mo if you know what I mean ;)

It was pretty obvious, he came in midway through last season and it seems that the money used for the COE is now being used to fund loaners for there first team. I've no hard evidence but..........

As for my boy, playing local football at the mo and enjoying it. But got something in the next couple of weeks coming up with a "club"! Don't want to say any more than that at the mo if you know what I mean ;)

Ha, yeah of course!

Well, I suppose with the new Academy restructuring it was inevitable that small clubs like Yeovil would pull out of it, it's become mighty expensive to run a worthwhile academy. Although with Johnsons track record of youth development here I can understand your suspicions.

at the begining of this thread i saw some young greek kids playing a twenty pass goal scoring move, and somehow the

***** move in, back to the op guys, kids doing footy, pure and simple....discuss

Who's the ****? We're discussing why this doesn't happen here, it's a discussion forum and discussions generally evolve, unlike you.

Archived