IGNORED

What A Goal!

Welcome To The Jungle

Can't tell if this is a serious post or irony? Either way, hoofing does not win much these days.

And back to op, was a great goal.

To be honest, a bit of both!

I would've at least tried to nail the keeper, who wouldn't - in all seriousness!?

Lovely goal to watch, I've got 3 daughters, so I don't tend to see any kids football but I doubt very much I'd see anything of that quality strolling through my local park on a Sunday morning on the way to Morrison's. Does anyone?

To be honest, a bit of both!

I would've at least tried to nail the keeper, who wouldn't - in all seriousness!?

Lovely goal to watch, I've got 3 daughters, so I don't tend to see any kids football but I doubt very much I'd see anything of that quality strolling through my local park on a Sunday morning on the way to Morrison's. Does anyone?

Rarely, more likely to see it at training sessions when Dad is pressuring son to play it his way....

Rarely, more likely to see it at training sessions when Dad is pressuring son to play it his way....

I used to play left wing - my old man was a centre half......you can imagine the conversations we used to have!

I was taught how to knobble the keeper at a corner long before I was to worry about cutting in a hitting them with my right foot!

I'm really sorry to burst everyone's bubble about just how great Greek youth football is and how bad ours is, but i cannot believe some replies on here. Firstly, that goal isn't great. The opposition is just woeful and half hearted in their running, tackling etc. and to be fair any kids could scrtach 20 passes together against them. Even the team in posseion has at times awful ball control and wayward passes, it's just the other lot are dire. I was lucky enough to play for some excellent youth teams and when we spanked sides, we would score goals like this. When i was 12 Bristol Rovers under 13's were national champions and then went on to be European champions in Paris. They were excellecent. I myself played in what was technially only a Saturday team but we played in a European youth tournament in Valkenburg and spanked the likes of Charlton, Werder Bremen and lost on pens to Villa. My point is that we always wax lyrical about other countries, but our 'kids' are easily just has good technically. Where i think it goes wrong is the 15/16 age up.

I used to play left wing - my old man was a centre half......you can imagine the conversations we used to have!

I was taught how to knobble the keeper at a corner long before I was to worry about cutting in a hitting them with my right foot!

Ha! I can, thankfully me and my dad were both strikers... Any advice I did get was usually helpful!

My coach however... Ha. He ended up moving me from playing on the shoulder to attacking mid?! Didn't have a clue what I was meant to do...

From an early age kids should be taught the basics of numerous positions, it wasn't until I started coming to AG regularly that I understood more than one position.

Ha! I can, thankfully me and my dad were both strikers... Any advice I did get was usually helpful!

My coach however... Ha. He ended up moving me from playing on the shoulder to attacking mid?! Didn't have a clue what I was meant to do...

From an early age kids should be taught the basics of numerous positions, it wasn't until I started coming to AG regularly that I understood more than one position.

I agree with the end of this. One thing that did always irk me about junior football (7,8,9) was positions were almost dictated by size and once there you were rarely moved or given the chance to do something else.

I agree with the end of this. One thing that did always irk me about junior football (7,8,9) was positions were almost dictated by size and once there you were rarely moved or given the chance to do something else.

Bang on, when my pace started to go at around 14 due to me hitting a growth spurt I suddenly turned into the centre half my Dad always wanted me to be. And not a very good one, I might add! Just because I'd grown a couple of inches didn't mean I could suddenly head a ball!

at the begining of this thread i saw some young greek kids playing a twenty pass goal scoring move, and somehow the

***** move in, back to the op guys, kids doing footy, pure and simple....discuss

Not saying it's right, however this was posted on the City forum, so it's obvious some people will compare these kids to City. It really should have been posted on the non-City forum tbh.

Yep, It sounds like i'm blowing wind up my own arse but it's something me and my friend have looked to do as much as possible since we started coaching an under 8's side.

We have three very gifted players but when we arrived they were all playing in the positions there dad had told them they should play. One was playing up front but he has exceptional anticipation and can already tackle so we moved him to centre back and he's been excellent there. Another lad thought he was a winger because he was the best dribbler in the team, but after one session of playing centrally to mix it up we realised he was a brilliant tackler and as soon as we get rid of his greedy streak he could easily become an academy level midfielder or even full back. Likewise another lad was playing up front because he can kick the ball hardest so he scored...turns out at 8 years old he has better vision from a deep position than I do now!

Yep, It sounds like i'm blowing wind up my own arse but it's something me and my friend have looked to do as much as possible since we started coaching an under 8's side.

We have three very gifted players but when we arrived they were all playing in the positions there dad had told them they should play. One was playing up front but he has exceptional anticipation and can already tackle so we moved him to centre back and he's been excellent there. Another lad thought he was a winger because he was the best dribbler in the team, but after one session of playing centrally to mix it up we realised he was a brilliant tackler and as soon as we get rid of his greedy streak he could easily become an academy level midfielder or even full back. Likewise another lad was playing up front because he can kick the ball hardest so he scored...turns out at 8 years old he has better vision from a deep position than I do now!

JT playing players in their best suited positions FFS?, whatever next?, playing and settling on the formation that best suits the squad of players you have?, there could an opening for you at AG by the time you finish uni.

JT playing players in their best suited positions FFS?, whatever next?, playing and settling on the formation that best suits the squad of players you have?, there could an opening for you at AG by the time you finish uni.

You'd be surprised at how revolutionary such a simple idea actually is...

Stuck in the dark ages, this country. We were good once, so we stick to that. 4-4-2 was revolutionary when Alf Ramsey won a world cup with it....

Oh to have a youth system like Holland or Spain.

You'd be surprised at how revolutionary such a simple idea actually is...

Stuck in the dark ages, this country. We were good once, so we stick to that. 4-4-2 was revolutionary when Alf Ramsey won a world cup with it....

Oh to have a youth system like Holland or Spain.

i agree but as DMC has learned to his cost, firstly players especially strikers do not take kindly to being dropped after scoring 2 goals, strikers need long runs to gain confidence and sharpness and to be able to actually change from one system to another, you need versatile, talented, hard working and intelligent players, in our position we now need one reasonably successful system until the end of the season, we have to give it a go.

i agree but as DMC has learned to his cost, firstly players especially strikers do not take kindly to being dropped after scoring 2 goals, strikers need long runs to gain confidence and sharpness and to be able to actually change from one system to another, you need versatile, talented, hard working and intelligent players, in our position we now need one reasonably successful system until the end of the season, we have to give it a go.

Agreed, I've got no problem with tinkering with tactics... But only slight changes such as playing a deeper line, playing wider or narrower depending on your opponents WEAKNESSES. Del is going to far with it and its hurting us and him.

Archived